Poll: Is Mike McCaggnan doing a good job as GM of the Jets?

Pointdexter

Is Mike Macaggnan doing a good job as GM of the Jets?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Simple yes or no as to whether you feel he's doing a good job.

• Yes
    • No

No hes done a poor job so far but he is dealing with an awful awful coach who has no clue on how to use the players he is providing.  His best two picks we slam dunk 6th overall fall into your lap picks.  He has made a lot of terrible picks and head scratching priorities.  Seems he wants to appease Bowles and his inability to coach defense.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

No hes done a poor job so far but he is dealing with an awful awful coach who has no clue on how to use the players he is providing.  His best two picks we slam dunk 6th overall fall into your lap picks.  He has made a lot of terrible picks and head scratching priorities.  Seems he wants to appease Bowles and his inability to coach defense.

Good point

The guy who dropped 40 million on the secondary two years ago only to cut most of them this year and have to use high round picks to replace all of them?

The guy who came to this organization that had zero talent at the most important positions on the field and two years later still doesn't have any there?

Yeah. Doing a bang up job. 

It's not so simple. This is his third year and the team regressed last season and his choice of HC, the guy didn't do a good job. Some of his moves and signings have been gross failures. But you've got to give him at least 3 years to see where we are at. You can't jump on him for the 2017 draft so far it doesn't look bad at all. He got a top player in the sixth slot like he did two years ago and that was one of his best decisions. To rebuild the secondary is smart because they were terrible last year even though we have a HC who is supposedly an DB expert. They were all screwed up last year. So far I give him a C.

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

The jets have no QB, no edge passrusher or LT, and little caproom

Thats brutal

If the plan is to rebuild we are in a good position to land a franchise qb next season with a ton of caproom to spend on veterans on the offensive line. He inherited a bad team, it has not been fixed yet but we are looking line we will be in a good place next season to get things moving rapidly in the right direction.

Hard to say he's doing anything other than a bad job, also appears to me that Bowles has a very big say in personnel decisions. At the end of the day, our owner is a ******* moron dipsh*t a$$hole who has no clue how to run a team, and is too stupid to know he can't run a team. So we can sit and argue and complain about Idzik, Tanny, Maccagnan, but it's all pointless, the real problem is our awful owner, the fish stinks from the head.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The one in which buffalo or Cleveland trades up to get the franchise qb and we tell the world 'we tried really hard to trade up'

Nobody drafting 1-3 next year will be trading out of their pick unless it's a team that already has a franchise QB who happened to get injured, thus giving them a poor record and high pick. 

Cleveland just picked a developmental QB with much higher upside than Hack, imo. And the way their new philosophy seems to indicate, they won't be trading an entire draft for one guy. 

And I don't see Buffalo being worse than the Jets. Honestly, this year needs to go one of two ways.... Hackenberg wins the job at some point and blows us away......Or we go 2-14 and position ourselves to get Darnold/Rosen. 

Anything other than that (6-10 with McCown? Hack and Mac split time for a pointless and stupid 5-11?) Is a failure and sets the franchise back 5 years.

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree, Bowles is a problem and I'm not sure Macc has it in him to fire him.  I get that he was 10-6 the first year, but the 2nd year was unacceptable.  One thing we had with Rex is players played hard for him, with Bowles I see alot of bad behaviour from players and he outwardly says it doesn't bother him. 

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Hard to say he's doing anything other than a bad job, also appears to me that Bowles has a very big say in personnel decisions. At the end of the day, our owner is a ******* moron dipsh*t a$$hole who has no clue how to run a team, and is too stupid to know he can't run a team. So we can sit and argue and complain about Idzik, Tanny, Maccagnan, but it's all pointless, the real problem is our awful owner, the fish stinks from the head.

The fact that both Macc and Bowles report to Woody is the first thing I'd change.  Coaches report to GMs in my book.  This was an overreaction to the Idzik, Rex debacle. 

Jamal Adam's fell to Mike Maccagnan he couldn't screw that up if he tried. 

The rest of draft so far has been very questionable to say the least. 

We are supposedly so deep at WR like many say but drafted the unknown in round 3 who seems to be a carbon copy of other WR's  on the roster. 

Today is a new day lets all hope for the best. 

You guys are so hilarious with your hypocrisy. 2 years ago when Mac was spending money like money was going out of style, he was good. He spent money to appease you impatient fans after a rebuilding team from the year before had a bad record. What did you think was going to happen once all the late prime vets aged out? We probably would've been much further along had we continued to rebuild instead of doing quick fixes. 

42 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The guy who dropped 40 million on the secondary two years ago only to cut most of them this year and have to use high round picks to replace all of them?

The guy who came to this organization that had zero talent at the most important positions on the field and two years later still doesn't have any there?

Yeah. Doing a bang up job. 

THIS!  Sorry but I've moved into the "I used to think so" camp.  Now I'm just hoping to be proved wrong....pretty sad really.    

27 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

You're right. I am just a bit nervous that we may miss out on a punter that might become the foundation of our team.

Practice makes perfect we probably have the led the league in punting statistics the last decade or more.

I'm hanging in with Mac.

I give him a B.  I think he's a good talent evaluator.  I think we got screwed by the 2015 Fool's Gold 10-6 Fitzpatrick season. 

My real ONLY BIG problem is how he has bungled the Wilkerson/Sheldon situations.  Really bad actually.

He didn't trade them when they had max value even though this logjam after the Leonar Williams pick was obvious to EVERYONE.  Now both guys value is at rock bottom.  Sheldon should be a top 5 interior DL and he has no motivation and a worsening attitude and we can't even get a 3rd round pick for him.  And then he totally seemed to cave and overpay Mo Wilk at peak value who goes on to absolutely dog it last season.  Didn't maximize value and there just didn't seem to be a coherent thought out plan.  Plus we lost the best DT/NT in football to keep these guys. 

Yeah that was bad but overall I still am a fairly Big Mac supporter.

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Can anyone rationally defend trading out of rd 3 for a mid 4th and a 6th? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

That probably cost us an excellent TE prospect in Jake Butt.

the last pick in 3rd....down 19 spots to pick up a 6th yes I think that is fine by me

let you in little secret.....Butt is not even the 4th best TE left

The Mccown singing is a perfect example on MM's ineptitude. Made no sense to clog the QB slot with an overpaid vet you could have signed for much less if need be after the draft. entirely possible a mess of vets will flood the street come Monday. we could ahve had Watson or Mahomes, but, no, instead we have this mess. Why overpay for a guy you should not want to play over your 2 young uns already here? May be the Bears are only saying Trubisky will play only  to bid up GIennon. I  really don't understand; if the plan is in fact to suck for Sam, why is Mccown here at all? Either Hack or Petty gets it, or they don't it's a mess and you get your shot at Darnold or Rosen. Overpaying a stopgap guy who might screw things up by not sucking enough is imbecilic.

Unless he can play safety ...

Just now, Bugg said:

The Mccown singing is a perfect example on MM's ineptitude. Made no sense to clog the QB slot with an overpaid vet you could have signed for much less if need be after the draft. entirely possible a mess of vets will flood the street come Monday. we could ahve had Watson or Mahomes, but, no, instead we have this mess. Why overpay for a guy you should not want to play over your 2 young uns already here? May be the Bears are only saying Trubisky will play only  to bid up GIennon. I  really don't understand; if the plan is in fact to suck for Sam, why is Mccown here at all? Either Hack or Petty gets it, or they don't it's a mess and you get your shot at Darnold or Rosen. Overpaying a stopgap guy who might screw things up by not sucking enough is imbecilic.

Unless he can play safety ...

This is a desperation move just like the Fitzpatrick signing, fans would think so much more of Macc if he went with Petty,Hack and a rookie and let them battle it out in camp. 

I think he deserves an extension for not pulling stupid sh*t and reaching for players to appease the fans. Dude's got a long term plan with the beginning  of the Golden Years starting in 2018 when Darnold takes them to an 8-8 season as a rookie. And a Super Bowl in 2020.

**** yes!!!!

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This is a desperation move just like the Fitzpatrick signing, fans would think so much more of Macc if he went with Petty,Hack and a rookie and let them battle it out in camp. 

Exactly. 

Archived