Poll: Is Mike McCaggnan doing a good job as GM of the Jets?

Pointdexter

Is Mike Macaggnan doing a good job as GM of the Jets?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Simple yes or no as to whether you feel he's doing a good job.

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Mccown singing is a perfect example on MM's ineptitude. Made no sense to clog the QB slot with an overpaid vet you could have signed for much less if need be after the draft. entirely possible a mess of vets will flood the street come Monday. we could ahve had Watson or Mahomes, but, no, instead we have this mess. Why overpay for a guy you should not want to play over your 2 young uns already here? May be the Bears are only saying Trubisky will play only  to bid up GIennon. I  really don't understand; if the plan is in fact to suck for Sam, why is Mccown here at all? Either Hack or Petty gets it, or they don't it's a mess and you get your shot at Darnold or Rosen. Overpaying a stopgap guy who might screw things up by not sucking enough is imbecilic.

Unless he can play safety ...

Man i loved the McCown signing

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I'm hanging in with Mac.

I give him a B.  I think he's a good talent evaluator.  I think we got screwed by the 2015 Fool's Gold 10-6 Fitzpatrick season. 

My real ONLY BIG problem is how he has bungled the Wilkerson/Sheldon situations.  Really bad actually.

He didn't trade them when they had max value even though this logjam after the Leonar Williams pick was obvious to EVERYONE.  Now both guys value is at rock bottom.  Sheldon should be a top 5 interior DL and he has no motivation and a worsening attitude and we can't even get a 3rd round pick for him.  And then he totally seemed to cave and overpay Mo Wilk at peak value who goes on to absolutely dog it last season.  Didn't maximize value and there just didn't seem to be a coherent thought out plan.  Plus we lost the best DT/NT in football to keep these guys. 

Yeah that was bad but overall I still am a fairly Big Mac supporter.

We are going into year 3 and have what the experts are calling the leagues worst roster.  We are in the conversation for the #1 overall pick.  We have no QB.  Our best WR is Eric Decker.  Our best running back is Bilal Powell.  We have no legitimate starting LT.  We have no good corners.  We have no pass rushers.  We cannot get any value for one of our most talented players who's fallen out of favor.  And, with all that mess, we just drafted 2 safeties.

So, I suppose my question is, what would a C look like?

3 hours ago, Larz said:

The jets have no QB, no edge passrusher or LT, and little caproom

Thats brutal

The Jets are going to have over 70 million in cap room next season. Not too bad.

Fix the defense this year. Give Hack the season and upgrade whatever is needed on offense next year.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The guy who dropped 40 million on the secondary two years ago only to cut most of them this year and have to use high round picks to replace all of them?

The guy who came to this organization that had zero talent at the most important positions on the field and two years later still doesn't have any there?

Yeah. Doing a bang up job. 

Who can dispute this?

Archived