Lost in the insanity of yesterday...

Jet_Engine1

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Geno got a 1 yr deal for a 'max' of $2 mill with only like $350K guaranteed. He never had any firm commitment to even the backup job.

Besides the Giants saying that Geno Smith could be a franchise QB.

The New York Giants signed Geno Smith to a one-year deal this offseason to serve as one of Eli Manning's backups. But the team also may have long-term plans for Smith, as head coach Bob McAdoo said Tuesday that he could be Manning's eventual successor, per Jordan Raanan and Mike Reiss of ESPN.com:

Speaking at the NFL owners meetings Tuesday, Giants coach Ben McAdoo said he still believes something substantial can come from the recent marriage.

"I can't see why not," McAdoo said when asked about Smith being the Giants' long-term replacement for Manning, before conceding they're a long way from that happening.

"I find it very exciting. A guy that has his skill set is hard to find," McAdoo added. "You can't find guys out there that have that type of arm strength, talent, throwing motion and feet to go with it. And he's a competitor. It's exciting to bring a guy and work with a guy like that. And you see where you can take him."

Smith, 26, must first win the backup job over veteran Josh Johnson. He'll have to shake off some rust, too, as he appeared in just three games over the past two seasons, throwing for 391 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. He lost the New York Jets' starting job to Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2015, and a torn ACL last season ended his year in October after he was reinstated as the starter.

pixel.gif

Ideally for the Giants, Smith won't see the field behind a healthy Manning. But Smith appears excited by the opportunity to learn from the veteran quarterback.

"This is definitely an opportunity for me to learn and to get better," he said upon signing with the team, per Giants.com. I want to carry my notepad around and whatever I see Eli doing, whether it's in the classroom, on the field or off the field, I want to write it down. Because he's a guy you can model yourself after. If you learn from a guy like that, we can all do a lot better."

With two Super Bowl rings and a number of playoff appearances under his belt, Manning should be an excellent mentor. And after a disappointing tenure with the Jets, Smith may not find many better opportunities than his current role with the Giants.

Should he take advantage of it, the Giants appear willing to give him a chance to be their next franchise quarterback.

source

I knew he would be camp fodder and that they would draft his replacement this year, its just funny because its Geno.

Just now, Warfish said:

Geno will be fine as the Giants #2.  The OTHER Backup tho, should be packing his bags.

Is that Nassib still?  man that didn't work out at all and I liked him better then Geno, goes to show you that 2013 QB draft class was hot garbage.

Edit: thought they moved on from Nassib.... Looks like it was Josh Johnson according to the article i posted.

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Geno Smith's roster spot got very, very tenuous last night with the Giants taking Webb in the third....

Discuss.....(?)

Who gives a rats ass Geno Smith is no longer on the NY Jets............and it doesn't effect this team one damn  bit. 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who gives a rats ass Geno Smith is no longer on the NY Jets............and it doesn't effect this team one damn  bit. 

You cared enough to view topic, respond, and apparently get angry. Sore subject? Need a Band-aid?

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So in a sense you are trolling?  I thought so......

I made an observation about a high profile, former Jets QB who has been a source of much discussion and speculation as to what his future holds....

As opposed to making constant, inane, Tourettes-like outbursts. 

Draft Day! The future is NOW!!

Are you kidding me,Geno is a jets castoff. Which of course means, Eli gets hurt and is out for the season, our castoff comes in, plays lights out and takes the Midgets to the Super Bowl and gets his ring.
All the haters suddenly start crying that we gave up on him too soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived