The Battle in TC at WR will be Interesting...

greenwave81

Pre-draft WR:

11 Anderson, Robby WR 6-3 190 23 2 Temple
87 Decker, Eric WR 6-3 214 30 8 Minnesota
81 Enunwa, Quincy WR 6-2 225 24 3 Nebraska
  Foxx, Deshon WR 5-10 177 24 1 Connecticut
  Hammond, Frankie WR 6-1 184 27 3 Florida
89 Marshall, Jalin WR 5-10 200 21 2 Ohio State
  Patton, Quinton WR 6-0 204 26 5 Louisiana Tech
17 Peake, Charone WR 6-2 209 24 2 Clemson
19 Smith, Devin WR 6-1 199 25 3 Ohio State
  White, Myles WR 6-0 195 27 3

Louisiana Tech  

Now add in Stewart and Hansen?  That's 12.  What did we keep last year, 6?  If you're outside the top 3 you better be a ST demon.

Gotta figure Decker, Enunwa and Anderson are locks, as well as Patton?  Stewart and Hanson figure to have the inside edge due to draft position this year and I'd hate to give up on Peake already.  Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I think Smith and Jalin's days are numbered.

Personally, I'd like to keep Decker around, just for his experience..but wonder if there'd be a market for him in trade.

9 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I think Smith and Jalin's days are numbered.

Personally, I'd like to keep Decker around, just for his experience..but wonder if there'd be a market for him in trade.

Jet can move on from Decker. They did not win with him 

33 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Pre-draft WR:

11 Anderson, Robby WR 6-3 190 23 2 Temple
87 Decker, Eric WR 6-3 214 30 8 Minnesota
81 Enunwa, Quincy WR 6-2 225 24 3 Nebraska
  Foxx, Deshon WR 5-10 177 24 1 Connecticut
  Hammond, Frankie WR 6-1 184 27 3 Florida
89 Marshall, Jalin WR 5-10 200 21 2 Ohio State
  Patton, Quinton WR 6-0 204 26 5 Louisiana Tech
17 Peake, Charone WR 6-2 209 24 2 Clemson
19 Smith, Devin WR 6-1 199 25 3 Ohio State
  White, Myles WR 6-0 195 27 3

Louisiana Tech  

Now add in Stewart and Hansen?  That's 12.  What did we keep last year, 6?  If you're outside the top 3 you better be a ST demon.

Gotta figure Decker, Enunwa and Anderson are locks, as well as Patton?  Stewart and Hanson figure to have the inside edge due to draft position this year and I'd hate to give up on Peake already.  Thoughts?

I don't think Anderson should be considered a lock, or anybody for that matter. Hopefully nobody is a lock and its an open competition.

1 minute ago, Jetdawgg said:

The Jets have coaches that can teach and develop players. Decker cannot stay healthy. The young guys need reps

Ahhh...I meant Decker has proven hands and route running skills more than playing a mentor role.  And you have a point about not staying healthy I agree.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...I meant Decker has proven hands and route running skills more than playing a mentor role.  And you have a point about not staying healthy I agree.

Petty is now a third year pro. Hack is a second year pro. Because of keeping veterans the Jets are in the hole at QB, the most important position. Let's not continue to spread bad habits to other position. Time to let him go

8 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Qb will benefit as will Anderson.....he needs the pressure to avoid 2nd year slump 

The Jets are really counting on RA next season. He has the opportunity to become a number 2 with the Q being number 1

12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I see 6 :

Quincy Enunwa

Robbie Anderson

Charone Peake

Devin Smith

Ardarius  Stewart

Chad Hansen

X factor : Quinton Patton

Agree with this. Don't expect Patton to make the team but you never know.

If they surprise and stick with Decker then it's up to Peake or Smith to earn their spot - unless Robbie Anderson completely falls on his face.

Think the only locks are Enunwa, Stewart, and Hansen. Should be a really fun competition with all these guys in TC.

One thing this suggests to me ... Macc isn't sitting still at a position just because he's drafted there before. He spent a high pick on Smith, it hasn't worked out so far - but he doesn't look like he's afraid to move on. If Smith doesn't show up, he'll be shown the door.

Similar for J Marsh ... that suspension has made his position even more tenuous than before. He's likely to be gone IMHO.

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

I mean I can see that, sure...but with 2 young QB's someone like Decker would help.

Decker hasn't been able to play a full season in like 3 years.  Only players that can help young QBs are players that can get on the field.

8 hours ago, derp said:

Agree with this. Don't expect Patton to make the team but you never know.

If they surprise and stick with Decker then it's up to Peake or Smith to earn their spot - unless Robbie Anderson completely falls on his face.

Think the only locks are Enunwa, Stewart, and Hansen. Should be a really fun competition with all these guys in TC.

If Anderson was a 2nd round draft pick like Hill was you would never think of him not being a lock on the roster after his performance last season. RA is an NFL WR with more room to grow and develop. He is a lock. 

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

This Hansen kid is a REALLY good looking WR prospect. 

Excellent pick.  huge fan. 

(Please note: this comment was based entirely on 90 seconds of a YouTube highlight video). 

Agree. seems like an EXCELLENT fit for the WCO and is a self-made player as a walk-on at Cal from Idaho St. Our next 4th round WR-diamond ala Jericho Cotchery in '04 (me hopes). 

'Deep threat' with 'Outstanding hands' | Scouting reports on WR Chad Hansen, Jets' 4th-round pick

22575767-mmmain.jpg

Cal wide receiver Chad Hansen drags the Utah Utes Julian Blackmon into the end zone for a third quarter touchdown during a NCAA football game at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley, CA. The Bears won 28-23. (Photo by Daniel Gluskoter | Icon Sportswire)

Hansen, 22, is a bit of an interesting prospect. He's not as fine-tuned as others at his position, but with some work, some scouts believe he can be a 10-year player. Hansen caught 92 passes for 1,249 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2016. 

Here are a few more scouting reports on Hansen. 

Nolan Nawrocki: Emerged as Cal's clutch, go-to receiver in first year as starter and stacked 24-300-2 on San Diego State and Arizona State in September after being told he wasn't good enough to play for either program. Has proven productive at every layer of the field and possesses the hands, toughness and competitive desire to eventually earn a No. 3 role and become a 10-year pro. 

Pro Football FocusHansen can still be viewed as a work-in-progress since he had only one season as a starter at an FBS school. However, he already proved that he excels at some aspects of the game, including catching the deep pass and making contested receptions on the sideline. While Hansen is not a final product yet, his skill set should help him contribute on screen passes and as a deep threat already in Year 1 in the NFL.

NFL.com: Hansen has good combination of size and speed for the perimeter with an ability to climb over the top of cornerbacks and win the deep ball. He has average separation quickness when asked to work the first two levels, but he has the hands and strength to handle contested catch situations. An ascending prospect in draft circles who should hear his name called on Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) of the daft with a chance to become a WR2.

ESPN Hansen is an Idaho State transfer who has appeared in 20 games the past two seasons at Cal with nine starts all coming in 2016. Despite missing two games with an ankle in injury he finished the 2016 season with 92 catches for 1,249 yards, 11 TDs and was fourth in the FBS averaging 125 receiving yards per game. Hansen is a polished route runner with quality hands and the toughness to potentially develop into an adequate third receiver on the roster. He currently projects as early day three selection. April 5, 2017

Optimum Scouting NFL Draft guide Hansen is a classic late-bloomer whose only offer out of HS was from FCS Idaho St where he started as a true freshman. He was a walk-on transfer to Cal in 2014 and gained eligibility to play in 2015 when he finished as the team's 6th leading receiver in a spread offense that often lines up 4+ WRs at once. In a breakout 2016 season, Hansen looked noticeably more confident and comfortable within the system as Webb's go-to playmaker. Hansen has a solid physique and has good feet and quickness for his size. He uses strong hands to release vs. press and accelerates to top speed quickly to sell deep vs. off coverage. He's not a burner but he gets to top speed quickly enough for DBs to respect him. Hansen moves with excellent body control and coordination in his routes but he's still in the late development phase, telegraphing deeper break points. There wasn't a ton of route variation in Sonny Dykes' system (primarily slants, quick ins/outs, comebacks, fades) and he ran those exclusively from the right. He utilizes subtle twitch at the top of routes to create breathing room vs. tight coverage and does a nice job of coming back to the ball underneath. He snatches away from his frame and gives his QB a large target area. Hansen's sideline awareness is outstanding, showing the coordination and over the shoulder ball tracking to convert downfield boundary targets. He has the body control and reaction quickness to develop into a strong back shoulder target. Hansen lacks exciting explosive traits but he can really open up when he's got the ball in space unleashing enough top end speed to outrun pursuit angles and create chunk plays. Overall, Hansen's significant improvements indicate his best football is ahead of him. In the right system, he could develop into a very productive starting WR.

That Hansen is so hot right now.

I'd keep Decker if we're actually serious about this being an audition for the young QB's and there's genuine belief they can come good.

If it's simply the tank job I suspect it will be then we might as well get rid.

3 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Agree. seems like an EXCELLENT fit for the WCO and is a self-made player as a walk-on at Cal from Idaho St. Our next 4th round WR-diamond ala Jericho Cotchery in '04 (me hopes). 

'Deep threat' with 'Outstanding hands' | Scouting reports on WR Chad Hansen, Jets' 4th-round pick

22575767-mmmain.jpg

Cal wide receiver Chad Hansen drags the Utah Utes Julian Blackmon into the end zone for a third quarter touchdown during a NCAA football game at California Memorial Stadium in Berkeley, CA. The Bears won 28-23. (Photo by Daniel Gluskoter | Icon Sportswire)

Hansen, 22, is a bit of an interesting prospect. He's not as fine-tuned as others at his position, but with some work, some scouts believe he can be a 10-year player. Hansen caught 92 passes for 1,249 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2016. 

Here are a few more scouting reports on Hansen. 

Nolan Nawrocki: Emerged as Cal's clutch, go-to receiver in first year as starter and stacked 24-300-2 on San Diego State and Arizona State in September after being told he wasn't good enough to play for either program. Has proven productive at every layer of the field and possesses the hands, toughness and competitive desire to eventually earn a No. 3 role and become a 10-year pro. 

Pro Football FocusHansen can still be viewed as a work-in-progress since he had only one season as a starter at an FBS school. However, he already proved that he excels at some aspects of the game, including catching the deep pass and making contested receptions on the sideline. While Hansen is not a final product yet, his skill set should help him contribute on screen passes and as a deep threat already in Year 1 in the NFL.

NFL.com: Hansen has good combination of size and speed for the perimeter with an ability to climb over the top of cornerbacks and win the deep ball. He has average separation quickness when asked to work the first two levels, but he has the hands and strength to handle contested catch situations. An ascending prospect in draft circles who should hear his name called on Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) of the daft with a chance to become a WR2.

ESPN Hansen is an Idaho State transfer who has appeared in 20 games the past two seasons at Cal with nine starts all coming in 2016. Despite missing two games with an ankle in injury he finished the 2016 season with 92 catches for 1,249 yards, 11 TDs and was fourth in the FBS averaging 125 receiving yards per game. Hansen is a polished route runner with quality hands and the toughness to potentially develop into an adequate third receiver on the roster. He currently projects as early day three selection. April 5, 2017

Optimum Scouting NFL Draft guide Hansen is a classic late-bloomer whose only offer out of HS was from FCS Idaho St where he started as a true freshman. He was a walk-on transfer to Cal in 2014 and gained eligibility to play in 2015 when he finished as the team's 6th leading receiver in a spread offense that often lines up 4+ WRs at once. In a breakout 2016 season, Hansen looked noticeably more confident and comfortable within the system as Webb's go-to playmaker. Hansen has a solid physique and has good feet and quickness for his size. He uses strong hands to release vs. press and accelerates to top speed quickly to sell deep vs. off coverage. He's not a burner but he gets to top speed quickly enough for DBs to respect him. Hansen moves with excellent body control and coordination in his routes but he's still in the late development phase, telegraphing deeper break points. There wasn't a ton of route variation in Sonny Dykes' system (primarily slants, quick ins/outs, comebacks, fades) and he ran those exclusively from the right. He utilizes subtle twitch at the top of routes to create breathing room vs. tight coverage and does a nice job of coming back to the ball underneath. He snatches away from his frame and gives his QB a large target area. Hansen's sideline awareness is outstanding, showing the coordination and over the shoulder ball tracking to convert downfield boundary targets. He has the body control and reaction quickness to develop into a strong back shoulder target. Hansen lacks exciting explosive traits but he can really open up when he's got the ball in space unleashing enough top end speed to outrun pursuit angles and create chunk plays. Overall, Hansen's significant improvements indicate his best football is ahead of him. In the right system, he could develop into a very productive starting WR.

Screenshot_20170430-060003.pngScreenshot_20170430-060133.pngScreenshot_20170430-060212.pngScreenshot_20170430-060241.png

Most Handsome 1-2 punch in the league right now, don't @ me.

No homo of course.

Archived