• D+
    • D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

4 minutes ago, Darkheart said:

Sorry, I thought you were being flippant. I don't think either can

Engram isn't a terrible blocker. It's not his strength, but he's willing to block when necessary.

I don't really care though, because in this day and age I'm not drafting a TE high for their blocking skills

I gave a B- mainly b/c yet again we failed to address a pass rusher.  I can understand not grabbing OL since this years talent at OL was really bad but I felt there was some good depth at pass rusher this year.  I would have preferred a pass rusher than another DL personally.

I'm also not sure about Leggett.  The one TE that self admitted he takes plays off and is lazy...

Edit: I obviously don't know anything about the DL guy. Seems like he might be a versatile pass rusher in sub packages?  IDK

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

What overall grade do you give the Jets for their 2017 draft picks?

1. Round 1 Jamal Adams    S    6'0"    214    LSU    
  2. Round 2    Marcus Maye    S    6'0"    210    Florida    
  3. Round 3    ArDarius Stewart WR    5'11"    204    Alabama        
  4. Round 4    Chad Hansen    WR    6'2"    202    California        
  5. Round 5 Jordan Leggett    TE    6'5"    258    Clemson    
  6. Round 5    Dylan Donahue    DL    6'3"    248    West Georgia    
  7. Round 6 Elijah McGuire    RB    5'10"    214    Louisiana-Lafayette       
  8. Round 6 Jeremy Clark    CB    6'3"    220    Michigan   
  9. Round 6 Derrick Jones    CB    6'2"    188    Mississippi

I gave it a B-. And if it holds up as a B- it will be the best Jets draft in quite a while.

My B grade is based on the guts to take a Safety at No. 6 AND follow it up with a S in the second round. I happen to think Maye will be the jinx busting second round pick for my NYJ.

I liked the tall CB, Jeremy Clark.

I have hopes for Jordan Leggett, but, really, the bar is quite low.

I don't like that Sheldon Richardson is still on the team.

And, OMG, Devin Smith OUT for the season?!

It's to early but i'll give it a B.

It's so obvious the Jets are using this draft and next years draft to flip the roster and hopefully have a competitive, young team for 2018. They're going to evaluate Hack and Petty this year, and if they stink, we'll have a top pick in next years draft and hopefully be able to land that franchise QB in what "on paper" is suppose to be a strong QB draft class.

As for this draft, I really like Jamal Adams, Chad Hansen, and ArDarius Stewart. The Marcus Maye pick in the second round surprised me but I like what i've read about him and we did need two new safeties. It's unconventional to draft safeties in both rounds 1 and 2 of the draft, but that doesn't mean its wrong. If both players are good who cares?

I'm optimistic about this draft. But you never know for sure until they start playing in real games.

It's an F. 

It's a QB driven league. Our top two picks, which are more valuable than all of our other picks combined, do nothing to help our QB. 

Absolutely ridiculous draft. 

Williams and Cook would've put us closer to contending, instead we wasted an entire year. Watched a last place team for nothing. 

It's an F. 
It's a QB driven league. Our top two picks, which are more valuable than all of our other picks combined, do nothing to help our QB. 
Absolutely ridiculous draft. 
Williams and Cook would've put us closer to contending, instead we wasted an entire year. Watched a last place team for nothing. 

Yeah because there were so many QBs worth taking this year ... if you don't see Macs long play for Darnold i can't help you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah because there were so many QBs worth taking this year ... if you don't see Macs long play for Darnold i can't help you.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Couldn't we have drafted some top-end offensive talent this year? Then next year there would be more pieces already in place for Darnold?

I'm fine with tanking but not on board for building an "all-time defense" or whatever it is this team is doing. 

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I'm happy with this draft. The Jets were not 2 picks away form winning the superbowl. It was all about getting pieces and positioning themselves. I think they did that. I'll give it a B+, maybe just a B because I'm disappointed at no extra OL, and we could have maybe used a better edge rusher/OLB. But overall it seems solid. 

This is exactly why we did not need to reach for Mayes and could've had him 10-15 picks later. we could've very easily picked up another 4th or so but Mac, the clueless GM, thought it was wise to stand your ground and draft yet another safety. His 2nd round busts will be his downfall. Ones on the IR pretty much 3 years in a row. One is a QB who I can't tell if he's capable of even taking an NFL snap. This is a safety that was projected to go in the 3rd. He makes Idzik look like God. 

One of the deepest draft for safeties and he decides to take safeties with his two high picks. Something is wrong with this dude. Oh yeah, maybe Woody wanted that splash? We seem to blame him for everything. 

What is Macc's ability to survive two years from now based in part on what this draft turns into?  The defense will need to significantly over perform even with a bad offense in order for Macc to look good on this.

Offensive line is a real concern given that we have unearthed nothing here and that the building our next line is going to take several years to begin with.  It would have been nice to get started on that.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It felt like that time I bought an REM album and immediately found it that objectively sucked, but a few pretentious ****boys tried explaining to me that it was good only to find out that those same ****boys didn't like it either but just said they did in an attempt to appear learned.

Dude...Dude.

This is exactly why we did not need to reach for Mayes and could've had him 10-15 picks later. we could've very easily picked up another 4th or so but Mac, the clueless GM, thought it was wise to stand your ground and draft yet another safety. His 2nd round busts will be his downfall. Ones on the IR pretty much 3 years in a row. One is a QB who I can't tell if he's capable of even taking an NFL snap. This is a safety that was projected to go in the 3rd. He makes Idzik look like God. 
One of the deepest draft for safeties and he decides to take safeties with his two high picks. Something is wrong with this dude. Oh yeah, maybe Woody wanted that splash? We seem to blame him for everything. 

Lmfao mayes was projected as a late first round talent and to say we could have had him 10 to 15 picks later is just silly considering we didn't have a pick 10 to 15 picks after we got him. Let me guess you saw mock drafts saying we were going to take oj Howard and cook so you decided to fall in love with the guys and couldn't accept any other outcome, well the draft is over you didn't get your way get over it and see how these kids we have pan out before crying about them.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

22 hours ago, HessStation said:

most annoying poster in jn history has a pt

What is the point? He's a TE that maybe can't block. We've have several years of TEs that supposedly could block and everyone complained that they weren't in the passing game. Now they draft a guy, who no one knows if he can block or not, and someone has the myopic question of "can he block at all..." Well, EVERYONE can block a little, stupid!!

C

i just can't let go of Maye over Cook.

But I also can't let go of Mauldin over D Johnson.

It isn't the end of the world that we took back to back safeties if that second safety was some can't miss prospect that somehow fell.

But Maye is a 2nd round prospect, if not a reach at that spot.

why????

Archived