Time to have the Hackenberg discussion

Persiussa

Many thought that if we drafted a QB early it would show how the Jets truly felt about Hackenberg. Here we are, the draft is over and the Jets not only didn't draft a QB early but they didn't take one at all.  It's also notable that they had a shot at any QB they could have wanted in the draft except Trubiski.

So does this mean anything at all or does it mean nothing?  Are the bad stories we heard about Hackenberg media fabrications from reporters who knew the fans would just believe what they said? Either the Jets are on board for a plan that lands us a 2018 QB or they like what they have.  What do you think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Many thought that if we drafted a QB early it would show how the Jets truly felt about Hackenberg. Here we are, the draft is over and the Jets not only didn't draft a QB early but they didn't take one at all.  It's also notable that they had a shot at any QB they could have wanted in the draft except Trubiski.

So does this mean anything at all or does it mean nothing?  Are the bad stories we heard about Hackenberg media fabrications from reporters who knew the fans would just believe what they said? Either the Jets are on board for a plan that lands us a 2018 QB or they like what they have.  What do you think?

The Jets might believe in Hackenberg.

The Jets might be wrong for believing in Hackenberg.

Or they could be right.

Too bad we'll likely not know till week 17 because McCown is our starter.

Hackenberg was in over his head last year, it was very evident in camp.  I'm hoping that with us not taking

any QB's that Morton & Bates have seen improvement in him.  We can only hope, one thing is for sure

Hackenberg was so inept last year that any improvement will be VERY easy to see

This front office is all in on Hack at this point. I was sure they would draft a QB in the late 3rd or 4th. They had numerous picks and chances to select a QB, but instead are sticking with Hack. 

I am pumped because once Mccown gets hurt we will either watch Hack develop into a franchise QB or watch Hack implode and guarantee us a high first round pick next year to get a top QB prospect. 

This is a win-win for me. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Or they could be right.

^^This

Bowles is going to start the QB with the most experience to get the most wins he can.  This is why you cant have a proper tank job and keep a scrub of a head coach who will be coaching for his job.  Get ready for that week 16 win to screw us somehow.

14 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

^^This

Bowles is going to start the QB with the most experience to get the most wins he can.  This is why you cant have a proper tank job and keep a scrub of a head coach who will be coaching for his job.  Get ready for that week 16 win to screw us somehow.

Mccown isn't that good to win 6 games without a good supporting cast. Mccown is injury prone and if he's playing behind a weak line, with  young WRs and likely playing from behind a lot he will likely get hurt before he has a chance to win too many games. Usually injury prone guys that just turned 38 don't last too long in a situation like this. 

So I think Mccown is Bowles-proof. Meaning, no matter how stubborn Bowles will be to win games with mccown, I don't think it will matter for more than a few weeks. 

Or they could be right.

So by week 3 we'll know?  Since McCown can't possibly play more then 3 games without getting helicopter injured.

Or they could be right.

yeah he gives the idiot the best chance to win :wub:

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Gailey let him down, ignored him

Shame

Lets see what the new guys can do with him

A theory:

Since Gailey 'alledgedly' told Bowles he was going to retire at the end of the season, maybe he didn't want to conflict with whoever was going to replace him 

Lmao, if Mac and Bowles are betting their jobs on Hackenberg then this team is more far gone then I originally thought. Expect us to be picking in the top 5 this year with a good shot at #1. Hopefully, Woody wises up and fires these bums and we could move forward with a new coaching staff and fo when we draft one of next years qbs.

It'll be an open competition plain and simple.  No one in management has said that it's Hack's spot to lose. They might prefer him over the others, but it doesn't help matters at this point if they go public with who they'd prefer seeing as starter.

Hack has to earn it. let Petty know that he'll have a legitimate chance as well. Maybe this will push harder that little bit more. Petty's a hard worker, don't write him off just yet. He did have his moments last (although not enough of them)

These kids must be excited as heck to be given the chance to be a starting QB, 

Now as a long time Jets fan I ain't holding my breath, but I am looking forward to see them play and compete.

There's ZERO pressure on them. All we can hope to see is progression week in, week out.

This is what a rebuild looks like folks.

They see the kid every day. He is coached, watches film. Throws to guys. When you sit a year you become focused on bettering yourself. You have the time to lift , read, learn and learn some more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

They see the kid every day. He is coached, watches film. Throws to guys. When you sit a year you become focused on bettering yourself. You have the time to lift , read, learn and learn some more.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Actually they haven't seen him since locker clean out day.  They will get to see him another 13 or so days till camp.  When the season is going on a rook really doesn't get much coaching, or many reps.  CBA sucks for young players

Archived