Time to have the Hackenberg discussion

Persiussa

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most Jet-like scenario would be that we finish w/ the worst record in football, draft Darnold and cut all 3 of our current QBs.  Then Darnold ends up being a bust and Hackenberg becomes a star elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course.  But when it comes to QB's, whatever they do is a big deal.  If Macc whiffs badly on Hack (as expected), do we really trust him to pick the right QB with our first pick in 2018?

I think we do. I mean its not like he burned a first round choice on Hack he took a chance on a guy with all the measureables who really just needed some work on his footwork and slight mechanics adjustments. He played well under Obrien in his first year in a pro style offense and he did badly in a gimmiky offense with no O - line to help him after O'brien left. I'm sure we all hope Hack is what everyone thought he was his first year of college. If hes not, I don't blame Macc so much for that unless he would have burned our first rounder on the guy and he didn't. We needed a QB and Macc took a chance. If he would have mortgaged the teams future moving up for Goff he would have been raked over the coals since Goff really did not look so hot last year. Picking QB's when you don't have a sure bet like a Manning or a Luck is Pure Luck as to whether or not they pan out its a tough business I mean look how lucky The Seahawks and the Cowboys got if they thought so much of those QB's (wilson/prescott) they would have certainly drafted them  much earlier but they didn't which means they basically took a flier and got lucky just like Macc was trying to do. Patriots did the same damn thing with Brady.

this will be one of those rare exhibition seasons, where all the qb's playing will be playing meaningful minutes. There will be no second half scrub qb's, because all of our qbs are scrubs and will get a chance to play, and we'll see what they are all about since they are all potential starters. I can't wait for preseason.

this will be one of those rare exhibition seasons, where all the qb's playing will be playing meaningful minutes. There will be no second half scrub qb's, because all of our qbs are scrubs and will get a chance to play, and we'll see what they are all about since they are all potential starters. I can't wait for preseason.

Will also show what kind of OC they have. How dumbed down the plays are etc. If some miracle happens with the offense and the D sucks for the third year he becomes the interim HC.

Only the Jets...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

I mean they saw him during the season. Don't get picky.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wasn't being picky at all.  The way the CBA is structured is one of the main reasons it's so hard to develop a young QB.  The coaches really don't have much time to work with the kids like in the pre-CBA days.  Guys have to go out and hire their own QB coaches to work with.  Major problem for QB's

Archived