One thing that's a damned shame

Jet_Engine1

Scumbags that punch women in the face get drafted.

Scumbags who have gotten caught shoplifting (more than once) get drafted.

Guys with gun charges, gang affiliations, neck tats that say Thug Life, and guys with multiple drug issues get drafted.

But Travis Rudolph, a talented player for a big program, and a TRULY excellent human being (who suffered a personal tragedy 2 days before the draft...His Father was shot and killed "accidentally" here in West Palm the other night) goes undrafted because he ran a 4.7 40

But Chad SCUMBAG Kelly gets drafted. But hey, they really taught Joe Mixon a lesson! Marvin Lewis is going to fix that young man.....

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Guys with gun charges, gang affiliations, neck tats that say Thug Life, and guys with multiple drug issues get drafted.

But Travis Rudolph, a talented player for a big program, and a TRULY excellent human being (who suffered a personal tragedy 2 days before the draft...His Father was shot and killed "accidentally" here in West Palm the other night) goes undrafted because he ran a 4.7 40

But Chad SCUMBAG Kelly gets drafted. But hey, they really taught Joe Mixon a lesson! Marvin Lewis is going to fix that young man.....

The Bengals drafted another women beater late in the draft..:ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The NFL should have a mentoring program for these just missed types. Let them hang or talk with a dude like Snack who was able to overcome the odds.  Sometimes things seem less intimidating standing next to someone who already did it. 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Hating on other guys and there situations u know nothing about . Isn't gonna make that kid more talented for GMs to draft him .  This is sports it isn't about being saint .. 

What situation do we know nothing about? Mixon' video is pretty revealing.  

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The NFL should have a mentoring program for these just missed types. Let them hang or talk with a dude like Snack who was able to overcome the odds.  Sometimes things seem less intimidating standing next to someone who already did it. 

Good idea.  Add mandatory and extensive community service that relates to their crimes and a sizeable chink of their annual salary being donated to related charities. 

1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

Good idea.  Add mandatory and extensive community service that relates to their crimes and a sizeable chink of their annual salary being donated to related charities. 

I was talking about the kid who didn't get drafted. Not the idiot that smash a young woman's face in. As a father of three girls I would run him over with a car. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I was talking about the kid who didn't get drafted. Not the idiot that smash a young woman's face in. As a father of three girls I would run him over with a car. 

Gotcha.  I am just starting on my first cup of Joe.  Still, once these lowlifes are drafted and rewarded, they should pay some type of pennance in th event they do not try to cross the street in front of your ride.

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What situation do we know nothing about? Mixon' video is pretty revealing.  

And has been address and fixed.  Kid lost a year to suspension , he settled the issues with the victim , he draft stock went down so he lost millions. And yet there still people bitching about some inferior talent not being drafted over him ..  get over it he did all the right things to earn his second chance what he does with it is on him . But to still be here complaining about even after the victim has forgave him is joke ... he is gonna pay for that for the rest of his life why even complain ? 

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

The Bengals drafted another women beater late in the draft..:ph34r:

"Deserve 's got nothing to do with it"

In this country, the Jury decides if the defendant is innocent or guilty based on the evidence but the Judge decides the penalty based on what the law has determined fits the crime . The jury plays no part in the determining the punishment once innocence or guilt is determined .  These perpetrators spent no time behind bars for their actions, yet the Jury has determined that their should spend the rest of their lives paying for said actions .

America, the land of the free ( where you are allowed to say what ever you want, the Jury ) as long as it doesn't break the law, enjoys the liberties, and the home of the brave ( where you are allowed to do whatever you want , The brave) as long as you don't break any laws and live with the consequences . 

If Joe Mixon was arrested and jailed for assault and battery, he would never be eligible to be drafted, but he wasn't and he was . 

The law allowed.

The victim forgave .

The Jury has a horse under a tree with a rope hanging down and are screaming for justice .

40 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Gotcha.  I am just starting on my first cup of Joe.  Still, once these lowlifes are drafted and rewarded, they should pay some type of pennance in th event they do not try to cross the street in front of your ride.

Should be. Hit em in the pockets..

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

And has been address and fixed.  Kid lost a year to suspension , he settled the issues with the victim , he draft stock went down so he lost millions. And yet there still people bitching about some inferior talent not being drafted over him ..  get over it he did all the right things to earn his second chance what he does with it is on him . But to still be here complaining about even after the victim has forgave him is joke ... he is gonna pay for that for the rest of his life why even complain ? 

Victim didn't forgive shit. She took a cash settlement. 

46 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

If the guy paid his dues for the action, we have to let it go.

49 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Victim didn't forgive sh*t. She took a cash settlement. 

It was reported that the young lady in question has said to allow this young man to get on with his life .  That' my friend is forgiveness .

In sports forever teams and their fans ( sadly will admit myself included) with wins will look the other way and give the benefit of 2nd and 3rd chances. Character guys will often lose out on a dream due to this. More often than not though these same character guys will be afforded other dream due to their character. Hope it is the case for this young man.

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

FIrst off, Mixon is a scumbag. Period. One of MANY in the league. Excusing it or downplaying it doesn't help. Good for the victim for forgiving him. That should help him get a job as a plumber or something (not that he has the intellectual capability to do anything other than run fast or punch girls.... ).

Second, If you think bolded statement above is what I said, may I recommend "Hooked on Phonics"?

45 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Wonder how we'd feel if our entire lives were judged by a mistake made in early 20's.

Boo hoo, maybe your kid wasn't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bounced a check once when I was in the Army. Joe Mixon punched a girl in the face hard enough to knock her out. LOL. Mistakes are relative. ANd we are a product of our actions and decisions.

Archived