Do you support Christian Hackenberg and think he's the answer to our franchise QB need?

joewilly12

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Watching him play as a freshman I thought he'd be a GREAT pro.

-I followed him kind of closely through school and was shocked by his failures.

-I STILL wanted them to draft him.

I believe that he will be our franchise quarterback because I have no other choice.  If he sucks then I'll believe the next guy will be our franchise quarterback.  

Do I support him?

Absolutely. 

I will unquestionably support him as our year long starter.

Do I think he's The answer? I don't, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

What I am hoping for is one of two scenarios: Hack starts every game, performs as expected, and goes 1-15/2-14 and shows indisputably that he is not the answer..

Or

Hack starts a minimum of 12 games, wins at least 8 of them, throws twice as many TDs as picks, has a completion percentage above 60%, and shows command of the offense.

Anything different, any long stretch of McCown as starter would be unacceptable, a complete and total waste, and would constitute a fireable offense for the entire coaching staff.

The plan is obviously to go all in in Hackenberg. The non-drafting of a QB shows us this. Drafting WRs back to back shows us this. Bringing in 38 year old, barely journeyman level Mr. 2-14 as "insurance" shows us this. All Hack has to do to "win" the job is to not get punched in the face. 

And Hack will either swim, and if so, we have a QB....Or he will sink and we go 2-14 and get a real QB.

Is that too specific?

38 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

We should all Support him, at the end of the day he is our guy...he is either going to prove all of the haters wrong and become our next franchise qb or prove them right and flop which will help us get the rights to draft our future qb

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Or worse. He will be average to mediocre and cost us the ability to draft a top QB. He will show just enough that Mac will stick with him so not to lose face.....as Idziot did with Geeenoooo

Sort of two separate questions right? I damn fully support him! I have no idea if he's the answer. Probably not, because odds are that a QB will fade away. That's sort of how the NFL works... But there is always a chance he will stick, and I'll support and hope for that!

Or worse. He will be average to mediocre and cost us the ability to draft a top QB. He will show just enough that Mac will stick with him so not to lose face.....as Idziot did with Geeenoooo

I got news for you if he is average to mediocre with our current roster with our current offensive line then he is probably the franchise qb we were looking for

Eli Manning was terrible his first few years and then he finally became good in his third to fourth year. If jets knew wtf they were doing they would put him out there and try to develop him instead of playing all these old veteran QB's

Am I the only one who understands that he was drafted with the intention of having him sit for a whole year? We haven't seen this kid throw since preseason yall need to take a Xanax and relax. Go watch the youtube clip of the Jets picking him and listen to what the analysts say about him or at least wait until we can see how he's improved before we go write him off. He was never playing this year. 

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I got news for you if he is average to mediocre with our current roster with our current offensive line then he is probably the franchise qb we were looking for

I got updated news for you - no he aint. Any decent QB is going to play decent. But decent aint cutting it. QB's like Tannehill, Simeon, Osweiller, Barkley, Bortles are all extremely average but just 'good' enough to win enough games to keep their team from being a total embarrassment.  That's probably Hack's vertex. Look at all the other team's and they have A to B+ QB's.....Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wentz, Matty Ice, Taylor, Luck, Dalton etc. Hackensackenburg will never be in that elite group.

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Am I the only one who understands that he was drafted with the intention of having him sit for a whole year? We haven't seen this kid throw since preseason yall need to take a Xanax and relax. Go watch the youtube clip of the Jets picking him and listen to what the analysts say about him or at least wait until we can see how he's improved before we go write him off. He was never playing this year. 

Exactly. He may be a bust. Who knows. But he was never drafted to play I'm 2016. 

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

No, I wanted Watson to be drafted.

I will however support Petty.  

Hackenburg was terrible before we got him and he still is.

You can polish a turd, but when it is said and done it is still a turd.

Not if its the South Park turd. It broke the World Book of Guinness Records.

I got updated news for you - no he aint. Any decent QB is going to play decent. But decent aint cutting it. QB's like Tannehill, Simeon, Osweiller, Barkley, Bortles are all extremely average but just 'good' enough to win enough games to keep their team from being a total embarrassment.  That's probably Hack's vertex. Look at all the other team's and they have A to B+ QB's.....Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wentz, Matty Ice, Taylor, Luck, Dalton etc. Hackensackenburg will never be in that elite group.

I am going to stop you right there you honestly just put Carson wentz tyrod Taylor and Andy Dalton in the same category as Brady Rodgers and brees? If that is your definition of elite than hack could very easily be our guy lol you should probably think before spewing garbage out on the forums like that

I think all Jets fans support him. I think he's got a 50/50 shot. They took him with the idea he'd sit for a couple of years. So, this year I'm not expecting him to cement the position. Whatever he does this year (unless he pulls a Marino-84-like season out of his ass) should not preclude us from drafting a stud next year if we are in position.

If Hack is decent, he can still start until said qb prospect is ready and Hack is a tradable commodity. 

I think he has the tools and brains to be a franchise guy if a team builds properly around him and coaches him up. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you support Christian Hackenberg and think he's the answer to our franchise QB need?

Do you think he will be the answer to NY Jets franchise QB need?  

Image result for hackenberg jets pics

Who are you, the Jets Inquisition?  Nobody ever expects them...

To answer your questions:

1. I support anyone who wears the Jets laundry whilst they're playing.  No matter how much I may doubt them, or want them replaced for the next game.

2. No, I honestly do not think Christian Hackenberg is the "answer" to the question of Jets Franchise QB.  I think he was vastly overdrafted, based on potential (not performance) of many years ago, by a GM who thinks he's smarter than everyone else but generally isn't.  I was disappointed in his "redshirt" freshman year and the refusal to allow him to play in the final game, because frankly IMO if you are utterly incapable of playing the final game of a year in garbage time with absolutely no pressure without risk of injury or mental breakdown, then you are NOT NFL QB material in my book.

3. I'll add that I don't think Hack will be the #1 to start 2018.  McCown is clearly (based on what we paid him and the general NFL watcher consensus) the #1 going in.  And Hack will not beat him out on the field.  If Hack plays, it'll be because McCown got hurt, and the team doesn;t see Petty as the future so skip over him on the depth chart.  Today, Hack is rightfully the #3 QB on this team.

Archived