Rich Cimini and Manish Mehta arrogantly put it upon themselves to annoint Mccown the week 1 starter.

Jetsbb

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Josh McCown says he's trying to win the Job and it becomes a rallying cry for Jets fans that would rather have needles poked into their eyes . I wonder what Petty or Hack would say if either were asked the same question ? 

Petty and Hack waited their entire lives for this. McCown already had his. He's like the RV with stickers from every state. He wears the impressive journeyman tool belt. He played behind Jake Plummer, Jeff Blake, Shaun King, John Navarre, Kurt Warner, John Kitna, Daunte Culpepper, JaMarcus Russell, Chad Pennington, Jake Delhomme, Caleb Hanie, Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell, RGIII, and Cody Kessler. But McCown is not our future, we shouldn't care what he can or can't do on the field.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

WTF is wrong with these assholes? Why are they going out of their way to end the competition before it starts hint the competition is a farce and just announce without any clue that Mccown won nothing to see here? Not to mention how is this fair to the young QBs who  are working their but offs to read on espn that Mccown already won?

The fact of the matter is if Hackenberg shows he is ready in training camp and preseason it doesn't f***ing matter how much experience Mccown has or how he is doing. Hack starts period. Rich goes so far as to say it would take a miracle for Hack to light up the preseason. You know the same thing Bret Ratliff and Matt Simms did!!

Why to people still read their stuff then complain about it? 

Anytime I come across Cimini's comments, Manish comments or Francessa's is on this site. I wouldnt have a clue about what they said if not for this site. Most of their stuff is stupid. We know this, so why continue to follow it? 

Jets fans love to shoot the messenger 

like it's the beat writers who paid McCown 6 million dollars this offseason.  

news flash it's not Cimini or Mehta's fault that this team is snake bit

welcome to life as a Jets fan. No one cares how we feel. They expect us to get cheated on by the Pats 2x a year, eat our Josh MCCown sh*t sandwich and enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't give a sh*t what Woody said, the last 2 years Bowles stuck with a veteran QB who was absolutely sh*t instead of playing the younger less experienced QB, and I don't see that stubborn moron changing his stripes this year because everyone else thinks he should.

I have little faith in Bowles, but this is some seriously absurd revisionist history here.  As soon as you tried to go with "the last 2 years", the argument pretty much lost all merit.  Like it or not, 2015 saw the best QB play the Jets have had in a long, long time.  And it makes your argument even worse when you consider that Geno was actually originally slated to start until he got himself knocked out.

As far as last year goes, while I certainly agree it should have happened much sooner, Fitz was twice benched for a "younger less experienced QB".  That's not to mention that every offensive coach who was involved with those decisions are now all gone.  This of course doesn't prove what will happen this year, but this supposed trend you're trying to point to simply doesn't exist.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still pissed Cimini and Mehta started Fitzpatrick in Week 17 last year. :(

I think they're biggest mistake was declaring Fitz the starter after he choked away the playoffs the day before.  

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I have little faith in Bowles, but this is some seriously absurd revisionist history here.  As soon as you tried to go with "the last 2 years", the argument pretty much lost all merit.  Like it or not, 2015 saw the best QB play the Jets have had in a long, long time.  And it makes your argument even worse when you consider that Geno was actually originally slated to start until he got himself knocked out.

As far as last year goes, while I certainly agree it should have happened much sooner, Fitz was twice benched for a "younger less experienced QB".  That's not to mention that every offensive coach who was involved with those decisions are now all gone.  This of course doesn't prove what will happen this year, but this supposed trend you're trying to point to simply doesn't exist.

Listen remember 2015 the way you want, I will remember it the way it actually happened, at 5-5 Fitzpatrick was HORRIBLE, and should have been benched for Geno Smith, then in the next 5 games Fitz padded a bunch of stats against 4 pop warner talent level teams, and 1 team that was dismantled by injuries at the time we played them, and then his true sh*tty colors showed through once again against a semi competent defense.  But again don't let the truth get in the way of your 2015 was the best QB play the Jets had in awhile nonsense. it wasn't!  Watching Fitz week after week was brutal, and he should have never seen the field again at 5-5 period, but Bowles is a scared bitch HC who refuses to let a young QB get a chance to show he can play when he still thinks his team is alive for the playoffs even thou his vet QB is horrible, and can't even land a job as a backup in the league right now.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Listen remember 2015 the way you want, I will remember it the way it actually happened, at 5-5 Fitzpatrick was HORRIBLE, and should have been benched for Geno Smith, then in the next 5 games Fitz padded a bunch of stats against 4 pop warner talent level teams, and 1 team that was dismantled by injuries at the time we played them, and then his true sh*tty colors showed through once again against a semi competent defense.  But again don't let the truth get in the way of your 2015 was the best QB play the Jets had in awhile nonsense. it wasn't!  Watching Fitz week after week was brutal, and he should have never seen the field again at 5-5 period, but Bowles is a scared bitch HC who refuses to let a young QB get a chance to show he can play when he still thinks his team is alive for the playoffs even thou his vet QB is horrible, and can't even land a job as a backup in the league right now.

Oh, well that certainly explains it.  So your conclusions are not based on reality then, rather your own narrative?  Your entire argument is 100% predicated on dismissing anything that doesn't suit your agenda, while being fully driven by a singular subjective view that has no statistical support to it.  Of course, conveniently enough the horrific performance of other Jets QBs, most notably the one you think was the "better" option despite literally every piece of statistical evidence proving the exact opposite, simply doesn't count, because well... actually, you couldn't even come up with a reason, but rather... "it wasn't!"

You're wrong, quite literally as a point of fact.  Your interest in ignoring facts and pretending the opposite is true because of nothing more than you saying so doesn't magically change that.  I didn't like Fitz, and am very glad he is gone, but that still doesn't make this drivel any less nonsensical.

The only way Bowles will look bad in this is if he starts McCown and it is clear to us that Hackenberg and Petty played better in the preseason.

What Cimini and Mehta are suggesting is that McCown will win it and earn it due to his experience.

Again, I point to Matt Flynn in Seattle, that doesn't always steer the course.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

welcome to life as a Jets fan. No one cares how we feel. They expect us to get cheated on by the Pats 2x a year, eat our Josh MCCown sh*t sandwich and enjoy it. 

Thats BS - I can find you many examples where these 2 make sh*t up and report it as news and end up being wrong every time

then everybody forgets ...rinse repeat

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg can't beat Josh McCown in a QB competition, that says a lot about Petty and Hackenberg.

If McCown wins the competition, start him. I just want it to be fair

well I want fair but you also have to give the young guns time to experience some lumps...using this logic Eli Manning and lots of other QBs would never have made it into the league

Lol, of course McCown is going to be deemed the started by these two guys. 

Jets just had a draft where it was clear we were rebuilding for the future and fans are starting to see this as a year to rebuild the team.  So these two will go with counter arguments to people riled up saying McCown is the starter, angering said fans who just accepted this as a rebuilding year because starting McCown goes completely against it.  

-These two will say McCown is the starter

-These two will say one of Petty/Hack is impressing in camp

-These two will pick apart McCown as a QB

-These two will say one of Petty/Hack is really making Bowles rethink the decision 

-These two will trash whoever the Jets pick as the starting QB

It's beating a dead horse, but does anyone actually think either of these two report news?  They create news and controversy because that's what sells.  No one cares about "Jets will go into the off-season with three QBs in a competition, no one knows how it will turn out" article.  People will be angered by a "WTF? McCown is the starter?!" article because it sells clicks, keeps people calling into radio and podcasts, and makes them start topics on message boards about it.  

Saying all this, my belief is low enough in Bowles that I wouldn't be shocked by this either, lol.  

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

If it were up to me, McCown would be there for support, teaching and emergency purposes ONLY.  Even if Hack has a 0% completion %, I want him starting every game next year.

I find it interesting that a club wants a guy who has lost almost everywhere he has played to mentor their young hopefuls

21 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The only way Bowles will look bad in this is if he starts McCown and it is clear to us that Hackenberg and Petty played better in the preseason.

What Cimini and Mehta are suggesting is that McCown will win it and earn it due to his experience.

Again, I point to Matt Flynn in Seattle, that doesn't always steer the course.

Pete Carroll has balls, and also had the pulse of his team, Bowles has neither.

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pete Carroll has balls, and also had the pulse of his team, Bowles has neither.

Regardless of that, Wilson outplayed Flynn. So he earned it anyway. Balls had nothing to do with it

If Petty or Hackenberg outplay McCown and Bowles starts McCown, the media and fanbase will destroy him. He knows this.

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Remember 2016 week 1 vs Cleveland when McCown sliced us and diced us  until he got hurt? Think he had them up 20-7. I'm sure Bowles does. 

That was 2015, and he was slicing the Jets D up, and both with his arm, and legs.  He hasn't sliced up any other defense thou since 2013 when he was with the Bears, when he had Marshall, Jeffrey, and Forte.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW this is the same dude who chose to throw the ball at the goal line. Definitely did not have the pulse of Lynch

Definitely the worst play call in football history based on importance of situation.  BUT Carroll earned the right to make a colossal mistake like that with a previous SB win, and nothing, but success since taking over as coach of the Seahawks, so he gets a pass that most HC's don't get.  

Also regardless if Wilson earned the job not many give it to him after your GM just spent 25% of your salary cap on the QB you benched in favor of a 3rd round rookie.  All before winning more then 7 games, and no job security, that's Balls.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Definitely the worst play call in football history based on importance of situation.  BUT Carroll earned the right to make a colossal mistake like that with a previous SB win, and nothing, but success since taking over as coach of the Seahawks, so he gets a pass that most HC's don't get.  

Also regardless if Wilson earned the job not many give it to him after your GM just spent 25% of your salary cap on the QB you benched in favor of a 3rd round rookie.  All before winning more then 7 games, and no job security, that's Balls.

That is true. In this case, the money is not a deterrent for Bowles to bench McCown

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

Sanchez had literally no competition.  Geno wouldn't have, except Ryan got his starter hurt trying to win the Snoopy Bowl.

Sure Sanchez had competition.  It was in the form of crappy 2nd and 3rd string qb's who were on the same level or better than Petty and Hack.

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

That's because Fitz was the QB on a team      that won 10 games the previous season. I think Hackenberg has an excellent chance of winning the starting job as long as he looks competent.

The 2015 season was a moot point by week 10 of 2016 and after when our season was totally over and Bowles still was starting Fitz.

Bowles knows Petty and Hack suck.

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Regardless of that, Wilson outplayed Flynn. So he earned it anyway. Balls had nothing to do with it

If Petty or Hackenberg outplay McCown and Bowles starts McCown, the media and fanbase will destroy him. He knows this.

Honestly neither Petty, or Hack should have to out play McCown, all they need to do is show they are in a similar stratosphere of McCown IMO, and if neither can get with in the same Stratosphere as McCown then there is a much larger problem, and I'd be signing any young kid off other teams practice squad leave no stone unturned (sh*t if Manziel is still out there come week 3 preseason, and neither QB is close to McCown, and the Jets determine Manziel has stopped the partying after a thourough investigation sign him up, RGIII also).

McCown CAN NOT be the starting QB for the Jets next year it does nothing for this franchise present, or future!  And the only reason he will start is because Todd Bowles is really bad at his job.

unless he gets hurt he 100000000% is the starter week one-bowles would not pull fitz even when everybody knew it was OVER-he wont turn the reigns over to a less talented scrub in petty or even worse Hack

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans ALWAYS think they have the next Brady or Romo just sitting on the bench who needs a shot.

Nagle, Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge, Bollinger, Lucas, Matt Simms now Petty is the next John Elway and Hackenberg is Dan Marino but better.

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There's a good chance McClown  is the best quarterback on the team. 

If this is apparent then the Jets need to start signing Street FA's, practice squad QB's until they find a young guy who is better then 2-22 Josh McCown.

45 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg can't beat Josh McCown in a QB competition, that says a lot about Petty and Hackenberg.

If McCown wins the competition, start him. I just want it to be fair

If Petty or Hack are even half as good as jets fan posters on the internet claim them to be they should have 0.0 problem totally outplaying a career scrub like McClown in TC and Presason.

Archived