Do the Yankees lose games anymore?

AFJF

I feel like every time the Yankees show up on my FB page or twitter feed, it's about a win and that kid Aaron Judge hitting another homer.

Good for them...their fans deserve to see that team win with some youth, for once.

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

NEVER AGAIN!!!! :)

This team is the most fun to watch since the '96 and '98 teams. 

I honestly think if I was back in the US I'd start watching baseball again.  Lost interest when Cashman re-signed that douchebag A-Rod and I got tired of the $500 billion payroll every year.  Always loved the minor leagues and player development and that was something the Yankees got away from for 10+ years.  

I wish the kids well.

18 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Its amazing what PED's can do for a roster. Its like the 96-2001 run all over again, PED's up and down the roster. If you can't beat'em, cheat'em.

I don't follow closely enough to have heard about their guys getting busted.  How long is Judge suspended for?  Isn't it like 50 games for the first offense?

Its amazing what PED's can do for a roster. Its like the 96-2001 run all over again, PED's up and down the roster. If you can't beat'em, cheat'em.

Who is your favorite baseball team?

On 5/7/2017 at 4:42 PM, AFJF said:

I honestly think if I was back in the US I'd start watching baseball again.  Lost interest when Cashman re-signed that douchebag A-Rod and I got tired of the $500 billion payroll every year.  Always loved the minor leagues and player development and that was something the Yankees got away from for 10+ years.  

I wish the kids well.

ARod was a disaster. Love that they cut him.

This team is fun. They are young and play the game the right way. So much fun to watch!

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I don't follow closely enough to have heard about their guys getting busted.  How long is Judge suspended for?  Isn't it like 50 games for the first offense?

As far as I know, he has not gotten caught yet, did I miss some big news?

46 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Glenn - I don't get this? Judge wasn't caught doing anything wrong.

22 hours ago, SenorGato said:

These guys definitely seem to believe in themselves

They believe, and they play hard for 9 innings.   Game you think are over, they come back.   Even if they don't win, they play hard.

We'll see.   It's May.  But no matter what, you have young, exiting players on the roster again, guys from the system you can really root for, not rent a players.

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Why would you say that the Yankees are cheating then?

I love the Yankees, I love them so much I have my buttocks tattooed with pinstripes. That said, I feel it would be hypocritical of me to call out the Patriots for their cheating ways, and not acknowledge my own teams cheating ways.

19 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Don't be a dumba$$.

If someone is cheating, they'll get caught and punished, just like they should.  And yes, 96-01 the only team with steroid users was the Yanks.   The Rangers with Pudge, Juan and Dean Palmer certainly never did, the O's led by Raf. Palmiero for sure never did either.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Don't be a dumba$$.

If someone is cheating, they'll get caught and punished, just like they should.  And yes, 96-01 the only team with steroid users was the Yanks.   The Rangers with Pudge, Juan and Dean Palmer certainly never did, the O's led by Raf. Palmiero for sure never did either.

Look, if you want to be a hypocrite, by all means go ahead, I chose not to be.

11 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Look, if you want to be a hypocrite, by all means go ahead, I chose not to be.

Says the man who says this is the last email you will receive from me 200 emails in a row. :)

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Says the man who says this is the last email you will receive from me 200 emails in a row. :)

In fairness to me, I have multiple personalities. I really cannot be held accountable for what my other personalities do with my email or JN accounts. But this is the real me now, so I think we are good.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

In fairness to me, I have multiple personalities. I really cannot be held accountable for what my other personalities do with my email or JN accounts. But this is the real me now, so I think we are good.

LOL! That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up haha.

I love the Yankees, I love them so much I have my buttocks tattooed with pinstripes. That said, I feel it would be hypocritical of me to call out the Patriots for their cheating ways, and not acknowledge my own teams cheating ways.

This makes no sense.  It's like it's an alternative reality...wait...in your case then, it would make sense

2 hours ago, SMC said:

This makes no sense.  It's like it's an alternative reality...wait...in your case then, it would make sense

I highly recommend an alternative reality. Here I get to tell all myself's how handsome we all are, and how well hung we all are. And everyone agrees. Its pretty sweet!

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

I highly recommend an alternative reality. Here I get to tell all myself's how handsome we all are, and how well hung we all are. And everyone agrees. Its pretty sweet!

multiverse-736841.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:58 AM, AFJF said:

I feel like every time the Yankees show up on my FB page or twitter feed, it's about a win and that kid Aaron Judge hitting another homer.

Good for them...their fans deserve to see that team win with some youth, for once.

There are 7 year olds who have never been alive to see a Yankee Championship.  it's about damn time they started playing well again and give our long suffering fanbase a glimmer of hope:lol:

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

There are 7 year olds who have never been alive to see a Yankee Championship.  it's about damn time they started playing well again and give our long suffering fanbase a glimmer of hope:lol:

Love this!

On 5/9/2017 at 5:57 PM, nyjunc said:

Spot on.

My soon-to-be 12 yr old son was only 4 the last time the Yankees won and my 5 yr old daughter has never seen a Yankee championship.  Imagine that!

I've witnessed 7 championships.  What kind of father am I if my children are not better off than I am?

When I was 18, I saved 3 children from a burning building, then, I climbed Mount Everest. After those two accomplishments, I was bestowed Yankee fandom, and I have contributed to all 7 rings we have since then. You can all thank me for this.

• 1 month later...
On 13/05/2017 at 0:50 PM, RoadFan said:

Baseball is the natural Ambien.  Capable of putting even an insomniac to sleep.

I wish they'd find a way to fix that.  I used to like the Yankees more than I liked the Jets.  Now I don't even care about baseball, but I do click a lot of the Aaron Judge highlights that show up on my TL because that kid is just unreal.

On 5/13/2017 at 7:50 AM, RoadFan said:

Baseball is the natural Ambien.  Capable of putting even an insomniac to sleep.

It's actually the perfect multitasking sport to watch on TV.

I'm on my phone and laptop/tablet while watching the game on TV.  When something happens during the game, like a Judge at bat, I focus on the TV, otherwise I'm doing my other stuff.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

It's actually the perfect multitasking sport to watch on TV.

I'm on my phone and laptop/tablet while watching the game on TV.  When something happens during the game, like a Judge at bat, I focus on the TV, otherwise I'm doing my other stuff.

The Cubs winning the WS was the last compelling story the sport had.  There is nothing left.  With the exception of just a handful of cities where baseball has always been #1 like St. Louis (and 5 or so others), it is going to decline to just a blip on the sports radar as soon as the baby boomer generation is too old to follow it anymore.

The average age of baseball fan continues to get older and older.

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Cubs winning the WS was the last compelling story the sport had.  There is nothing left.  With the exception of just a handful of cities where baseball has always been #1 like St. Louis (and 5 or so others), it is going to decline to just a blip on the sports radar as soon as the baby boomer generation is too old to follow it anymore.

The average age of baseball fan continues to get older and older.

Yes, for White fans as baby boomers, but not for Latino and Asian fans.  Baseball is still hugely popular for the later groups and as those populations continue to grow baseball will remain popular, but still not as popular in its heyday.

Archived