JetNation

Report: Jets Receiver Robby Anderson Arrested in Florida

32 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He'll either learn from it and we won't hear a peep again or it will be chronic..we will see.

Hopefully he learns from it. Kid has talent. Really wanted him getting stronger this offseason and think he can be a 1,000 yard a year receiver.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Here's to hoping the details of the report are wrong.  Surprised that this came out hours ago and not a peep from any other NFL source.

If he was out of line and did hit a cop, he can take a hike IMO.

Yea cops are ALWAYS right. 🙄

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/05/jets_robby_anderson_pushed_officer_fought_back_whe.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Jets' Robby Anderson 'pushed' officer, fought back when asked to leave concert | See police report

By Connor Hughes | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on May 08, 2017 at 10:50 AM, updated May 08, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Jets receiver Robby Anderson was involved in a fight and argument with police Sunday evening when asked to leave a concert in Miami. 

Here's more from the police report, which was obtained by NJ Advance Media: 

[Robby Anderson] was fighting with security after being told to leave. [Robby Anderson]  refused to leave and was told by (officer) to sit on the ground. [Robby Anderson]  tensed his body and pushed (officer). [Robby Anderson]  was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security. DEF arrested. 

Anderson has been charged with one felony count of resisting arrest with violence, and also obstruction of justice. 

ADVERTISING

"We are aware of the situation," a Jets spokesperson told NJ Advance Media. "This is a pending legal matter, and we will have no further comment at this time."

Anderson, 23, signed with the Jets last year as an undrafted free agent out of Temple. He made the team as a long-shot, but quickly found a role on offense when Eric Decker was lost for the season with a shoulder injury. Anderson caught 42 passes for 587 yards and two touchdowns. 

This offseason, the Jets released veteran Brandon Marshall. With Decker still working his way back from shoulder and hip surgeries, Anderson figured to slide in as the No. 2 receiver. Quincy Enunwa and Charone Peake are also expected to compete for playing time. 

Robby Anderson arrested

The Jets already have two players serving suspensions to start the year. Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins will miss the first two games after violating the league's personal conduct policy. Receiver Jalin Marshall will miss the first four games after violating the league's policy for performance enhancing drugs. A third Jet, cornerback Nick Marshall, was also suspended to start the year, but the team waived him on Thursday.

The Jets used two draft picks on receivers earlier this month. They first selected Alabama's ArDarius Stewart in the third round, then Cal's Chad Hansen in the fourth. 

You can view the complete police report below: 

Connor Hughes may be reached at chughes@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @Connor_J_Hughes. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

8 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

LOL what are you guys talking about? If it were just resisting arrest - then maybe someone was hating and set him up for failure... but FELONY resisting arrests means he pushed or struck one of the officers or threatened to hit one of the officers with some type of weapon... im guessing it was the first. I'm not seeing it on any other websites except "before it is news" - so here's to hoping it's bs 

Or maybe some white scumbag cop was pumping his chest and saw a young black kid and tried to dominate him, as they constantly do all over America.  One can be labeled with 'resisting arrest for just raising your voice'. Facts not assumptions, then proceed accordingly before burning Robbie at the stake. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'll bet Belichick feels silly about signing Stephon Gilmore right about now.

And will be feeling giddy with his 6th Pat SB win. 

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Fair enough, but I felt like I was being fair in acknowledging within my very brief article that few details were given, and that we would provide updates, which is, I believe, the way writes kindly say "If this reporter screwed the pooch, we'll let you know as details become available".

Also not a story I would have passed on if not from somebody who would have a reasonable expectation to know.  Verified account from a sports reported in the city where it happened fits that IMO.

You need to shut up already but do continue if you feel the need to be right about something you have no clue about. You sound like Robbie punched you in the mouth.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The guy who reported it has his own radio show down here.  Not the type of guy thats going to post something thats not true.  

This sucks.

I wouldn't get carried away with these 'crimes'. Robbie looks like a good kid. Does he have a previous history of violence? Any previous bumps with the law? This could all be a situation that got a bit passionately overblown. Obstructing justice? LOL that can be labeled for simply telling a cop 'Hey man what's up with that'. Cops are quick to pull the trigger. Just ask the guy in Tulsa recently who was shot for putting his hands up by his broken down SUV.  Jets have lawyers and I'm sure Woody would back this kid up. 

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not sounding good if it's true. Dumb move.

Ok so security guards at a concert are worse than civilians 'protecting' the Mexican border from illegal immigrants entering the country. These morons are NOT cops and for the most part are looking to start trouble with their dirty looks 👀 they give bystanders. They are wannabe gangsters and have egos bigger than their fathead butts. 

24 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Or maybe some white scumbag cop was pumping his chest and saw a young black kid and tried to dominate him, as they constantly do all over America.  One can be labeled with 'resisting arrest for just raising your voice'. Facts not assumptions, then proceed accordingly before burning Robbie at the stake. 

Tells everyone here all they need to know about you. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

He had behavioral issues before going to Temple. He also has a lot of that whole poor kid from Miami chip on the shoulder thing.

That's what I meant by odd mentality.

4 hours ago, August said:

Let's wait for all the facts to come out let's not rush to judgement.

Are you kidding me? Where do you think you live? In France?