Robby Anderson Arrested

Maxman

So the other thread went off the rails. Let's try this again. Reminder: Politics are not something we discuss here. So your views on the police, good bad or indifferent really isn't the point of this thread. If you want to talk negative about the police you can do it just about anywhere else on the internet. Just not on JetNation.

This thread is about Robby getting arrested.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the JetNation blog post from early this morning: http://www.jetnation.com/2017/05/08/report-jets-receiver-robby-anderson-arrested-in-florida/

By Glenn Naughton

Andy Slater of 940 AM WINZ in Miami is reporting that Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested in Florida at a music festival.

SLATER SCOOP: NY Jets WR Robby Anderson arrested at Rolling Loud Festival in Miami. http://slaterscoops.com/news/2017/5/7/new-york-jets-wr-robby-anderson-arrested-at-rolling-loud-festival-in-miami 

Slater had few details of the incident, but claimed Anderson is being charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice.

The second-year receiver who impressed as an undrafted free agent during his rookie season in posting 587 yards and 2 touchdowns on 48 receptions is a Florida native.

We’ll keep you posted as more details become available.

Update: Kimberly Martin of Newsday reported via twitter that a Jets spokesperson said that the team is aware of the situation involving Anderson and they will not be commenting as it is a pending legal matter.

#Jets spokesman on WR Robby Anderson's reported arrest at a Miami music festival this weekend:
"We are aware of the situation... (1)

"This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time." #jets

Jets WR Robby Anderson arrested at Miami music festival

2:03 PM ET

• cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer

New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was arrested at a music festival in Miami on Sunday, according to an arrest report obtained by ESPN.

Anderson was arrested around 6 p.m. ET at the Rolling Loud festival on a felony charge of resisting arrest with violence and an obstruction of justice charge.

According to the arrest report, Anderson "was fighting with security after being told to leave. [He] refused to leave and was told by [an officer] to sit on the ground. [Anderson] tensed his body and pushed [the officer]. Anderson was redirected to the ground and continued to fight with police and security."

A hearing is scheduled for May 15.

The Jets acknowledged a legal situation surrounding the 2016 rookie.

"We are aware of the situation," the Jets said in a statement. "This is a pending legal matter and we will have no further comment at this time."

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0819%2Fr116986_1

Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson allegedly got into physical confrontations with security and a police officer while attending a music festival in Miami on Sunday. Brad Mills/USA TODAY Sports

Anderson, who turns 24 on Tuesday, tallied 42 receptions for 587 yards and two touchdowns in 2016. His role in the Jets' offense grew toward the end of the season, as he posted at least four catches and 40 yards in four of the team's final five games.

This has been a turbulent offseason for some of the Jets' young pass-catchers. Wide receiver Jalin Marshall received a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy, and tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins was suspended two games for a personal conduct violation stemming from a September 2016 DUI arrest while he was playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Cornerback Nick Marshall, who received a four-game PED suspension earlier in the offseason, was released last week by the Jets.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Because the last thread ended so badly, and because this is an important topic (the Jets need Anderson) we are going to be more agressive cleaning this thread up. So let's stay on topic.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Because the last thread ended so badly, and because this is an important topic (the Jets need Anderson) we are going to be more agressive cleaning this thread up. So let's stay on topic.

Thanks.

Sorry Maxman!  I thought it was a funny harmless gif. 

Back on topic: What do you think, a 4 game suspension?  Since you've been very optimistic, claiming postseason for the Jets, does this impact that projection at all if he does have to miss 4 games? 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Sorry Maxman!  I thought it was a funny harmless gif. 

Back on topic: What do you think, a 4 game suspension?  Since you've been very optimistic, claiming postseason for the Jets, does this impact that projection at all if he does have to miss 4 games? 

I think this opens a wider door for ArDarius Stewart and Charone Peake to see more time and I don't think either of them are slouches that won't take advantage of a chance. Anderson cost himself early season play time and there are plenty of guys on this roster that won't give up their spots to him. 

Sounds like the type of thing an NFL player will be able to plea down to a misdemeanor and get minimal punishment.

I say he gets one or two games from the league.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hopefully there's video of this. 

I dont know Robby personally at all, but from what I've seen from him publicly this seems quite unusual. Hopefully there's video of this, for his sake if that's the case. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Is this verified?

Are there metrics to measure how unusual someone is?

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think this opens a wider door for ArDarius Stewart and Charone Peake to see more time and I don't think either of them are slouches that won't take advantage of a chance. Anderson cost himself early season play time and there are plenty of guys on this roster that won't give up their spots to him. 

Agreed because I could see his snap count going down in the preseason if they know he's not going to be able to play for the first 4 games.

Shame, I think Anderson had a shot at a breakout season with decent QB play. 

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This seems wise.  We may be wise to follow suit.

Why? Do you think a couple yutzes on the internet with goofy made-up names slap-fighting about racism without admitting that's what it's about are going to effect the case??? 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Are there metrics to measure how unusual someone is?

If there is, Robby better hope that the Jets organization knows what it is. Being an undrafted free agent means that the team invested nothing in you. The last thing you want to do is get arrested and assault a cop. You're begging to lose your job, especially after seeing your team draft two WR's. 

In a situation like this, either he's an idiot or if this isnt quite what happened the only way he'll be believed is if there's video footage. We just watched Maccagnan overlook promising football players for as much as "alleged" off the field issues. Robby is in a bad situation right now. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

If there is, Robby better hope that the Jets organization knows what it is. Being an undrafted free agent means that the team invested nothing in you. The last thing you want to do is get arrested and assault a cop. You're begging to lose your job, especially after seeing your team draft two WR's. 

In a situation like this, either he's an idiot or if this isnt quite what happened the only way he'll be believed is if there's video footage. We just watched Maccagnan overlook promising football players for as much as "alleged" off the field issues. Robby is in a bad situation right now. 

He will be fine. Worse case scenario for him he ends up playing for the Bengals next year.

One of the few players I was looking forward to watching this coming season, cause of his rare speed, especially rare for a Jets player. We are truly cursed, even less to look forward to than I though next season.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why? Do you think a couple yutzes on the internet with goofy made-up names slap-fighting about racism without admitting that's what it's about are going to effect the case??? 

If it were you, yes you could effect the case

I'm not exactly Saul Goodman but there's gotta be a way to get these charges down from felony to some kind of community service type thing. In fact that's probably what's going to happen.

Sheldon Richardson was going to be charged with a million thing when he was arrested and then when the time came he got a speeding ticket. 

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Good thing Macc loaded up the position. 

Watching your team draft not one but two players at your position and then putting your self in this position shows he is dumb or very immature.  

Hes both.

Amazes me how these idiots who have talent and could make multiple millions of dollars put it all in jeopardy to hang out with their idiot thug friends of the past. Its time to move on Robbie 

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

So we cant talk about any conspiracy theories?

Archived