Ads - Testing Help Needed

We had the issue with the ads autoplaying sound, so we disabled all forum ads.

We put together this page:  http://forums.jetnation.com/testing/ Can some of you click on that link, let it run in the background and let me know if you see (or hear) any issues?

After that I will add the video player back in which should be muted and make sure we have it fixed. Unfortunately we need to get ads back in place to pay the $600 a month it costs to run this place.

Thanks!

The first time I loaded the page it took a while.  After that it was reasonable, but it is hard to tell because there is nothing on the page to interact with other than the ads.  I tried it on a windows 8.1 machine running Chrome.

31 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

The first time I loaded the page it took a while.  After that it was reasonable, but it is hard to tell because there is nothing on the page to interact with other than the ads.  I tried it on a windows 8.1 machine running Chrome.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Just tested this and no audio but it also doesn't look like there are any video ads on the test page.

Thanks. Will be adding the video player soon. Wanted to make sure this part was working first.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

We put together this page:  http://forums.jetnation.com/testing/ Can some of you click on that link, let it run in the background and let me know if you see (or hear) any issues?

After that I will add the video player back in which should be muted and make sure we have it fixed. Unfortunately we need to get ads back in place to pay the $600 a month it costs to run this place.

Thanks!

Or just find 11 rubes to pay the $55/month fee for VIP membership.  ;)

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

It worked for me.

For some reason it is always feeding me NESN videos with highlights of the Patriots and Red Sox.  Do you have the ability to suppress content from partners that are diametrically opposed to the fanbase you represent?

SAR I

Thanks everyone. We are going to add the video player and then we will have a better feel for where things stand.

We don't have the ability to suppress content by geography. We can block individual advertisers but that would be if they posted anything offensive.

I did reach out to the Jets on a few occasions and other local media organizations trying to partner with them on ad sales. Unfortunately we didn't have any luck. Not sure whyt he Jets wouldn't be interested, they sell ads for much more than we would ever expect. They sell ads for $10 cpm I am sure. I think we average like .33 cents CPM lol.  Oh well.

Archived