The NBA Playoffs

JustInFudge

Is the worst sporting event in the history of sporting events.  I hate soccer and I've never watched this but I would imagine MLS playoffs (if there is such a thing) is 10x better than anything the NBA Playoffs can produce.  It's the most boring and non-competitive competition ever set up in the history of sport.  There hasnt been a single exciting game.  1 game.  1 game has been been close and it really wasnt even all that exciting.  Zero drama.  Zero heroics.  Zero interest. 

The NBA has always been top heavy.  Teams dominate.  It's what happens but I cant recall a time in the history of the NBA where Playoffs have been this boring.  The 1 seeds roll with out a challenge and the rest of the games are all blow outs.

It's a shame.  Remember the battles back in the day?  Sure, the outcome was predictable but teams didnt just roll over and get walked on the way they do now. 

What a snooze fest.  

55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

it's kind of always been this way, it just gets dragged out more than ever now. It takes over 2 weeks to play a series.

I cant remember a time that they're this boring and non-competitive.  I agree, the way they drag it out makes it worse.   But we used to have battles.  You always knew who was going to win but at least there was a moment of doubt back in the day.  This sh*t is terrible.  The only good thing about it is it's helping me fall asleep at night. 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At home no less.  Gutless performance.

Yeah but James Harden is an MVP.

The entire NBA is gutless.  That's other problem with the league, they have the most unlikeable superstars in the history of the sport all playing at the same time. 

On May 12, 2017 at 9:07 AM, JiF said:

Yeah but James Harden is an MVP.

The entire NBA is gutless.  That's other problem with the league, they have the most unlikeable superstars in the history of the sport all playing at the same time. 

Durant is a coward.  Its going to be nauseating watching him win a title like this

20 hours ago, thadude said:

Durant is a coward.  Its going to be nauseating watching him win a title like this

No different than LeBron.  Both enormous pussies who run when the going gets tough.

Shame Leonard got hurt last night, the Spurs could have won that game but they had nobody to go to at the end. 

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The NBA as a whole is pretty much unwatchable at this point. Nothing but a 3 fest and you cannot play any kind of physical defense.

You're seeing the same thing in the NFL.  The rules completely favor scoring.  The owners think it helps ratings but it doesn't because high scoring games are meaningless 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

No different than LeBron.  Both enormous pussies who run when the going gets tough.

Shame Leonard got hurt last night, the Spurs could have won that game but they had nobody to go to at the end. 

I'm boycotting the NBA finals

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

And why is he on television or in the news?

Because he says obnoxious things like his son is better than LeBron and that he would shut down Steph Curry.  He then opened a clothing line called Big Ballers Brand and proceeded to release $500 pair of shoes.  Basically, he's a blow hard who is trying to steal the lime light from his son.  People eat it up because people are ******* stupid. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Because he says obnoxious things like his son is better than LeBron and that he would shut down Steph Curry.  He then opened a clothing line called Big Ballers Brand and proceeded to release $500 pair of shoes.  Basically, he's a blow hard who is trying to steal the lime light from his son.  People eat it up because people are ******* stupid. 

I think I'm more offended by the $12.95 flip-flop they're selling for $220.  And they might have hired a graphic designer for that logo... Wow.

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

And why is he on television or in the news?

Because ESPN wants cheap content and Lavar Ball tweeting dumb stuff about how his kid is better than Michael Jordan they think provides them with hours of riveting tv.

ESPN has become the Lavar Ball network

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

I think I'm more offended by the $12.95 flip-flop they're selling for $220.  And they might have hired a graphic designer for that logo... Wow.

$12.95?  The slave in Vietnam who made the shoe might have been paid ten cents

Oh look, another 30+ point blowout.  Such a great entertainment value.  

Zaza Pachulia takes out Kawhi and no one in the league offices gives a sh*t.  The league really needs to start caring that the NBA only has 2 good teams, especially after a regular season where the stars on those very 2 teams were rested all the time.  

The NBA can't afford to have the fans simply tune out until the Finals every year.  There are over 2,500 games played prior to the finals. A terrific 6 or 7-game Finals does not make up for the sh*ttyness of the previous 6 months.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh look, another 30+ point blowout.  Such a great entertainment value.  

Zaza Pachulia takes out Kawhi and no one in the league offices gives a sh*t.  The league really needs to start caring that the NBA only has 2 good teams, especially after a regular season where the stars on those very 2 teams were rested all the time.  

The NBA can't afford to have the fans simply tune out until the Finals every year.  There are over 2,500 games played prior to the finals. A terrific 6 or 7-game Finals does not make up for the sh*ttyness of the previous 6 months.

Silver is scared of Lebron and won't do anything

Archived