Kapernick - why the hell not?

PavlovsDogs

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

That social group needs to take care of business within themselves. Everyone is on a level playing field now no matter how much people want to argue to the contrary. So you spare me the bull . If someone does not want to get arrested or be in a situation with a police officer the answer is simple do what the police officer tells you and STFU and maybe none of this sh*t ever happens then and only then if someone is wrongly accused they can then voice their problems in a lawful way. If I get pulled over wrongly and I'm told to put my hands on the ******* steering wheel and STFU I'm not going to reach into my jacket or like a complete moron and get shot. I'll do what the cop says and deal with him later. Its really comes down to common sense.

Growing up in Brooklyn when I was a kid My friends and I were walking down 67 th street at night and we saw some cop cars all of a sudden like 10 cops start running towards us throw us up aganist the wall and cuff us all with a women screaming that.s them those are the guys. I was scared sh*tless and had no earthly Idea WTF was going on when a man walked up to us and said those are not the Kids and finally got the women to agree as well. They were pretty rough with us and when they let us go we did not get an apology the cops just walked away and said go on get lost you guys are ok. Guess how many of the 4 of us resisted the Cops or didn't listen to what they said ??? ZERO.... we all did what we had to do and did not inflame the situation further. So yeah I was on that end of a wrongful accusation, its horrible, but its easy to avoid further problems by just listening and shutting the fcuk up. 

I'm not a prejudice person, not in the least but when people break the law I could really give a sh*t less what happens to them. There's good and bad in very ethnic group and if they can't deal with what a cop tells them to do when being arrested then too damn bad because how many times has a cop laid his life on the line to deal with a criminal or save a persons life that you never hear about ?

The first two sentences confirms that you dont pay attention to those "proper forums". If you're talking "level playing field" and the people IN THE SITUATION is telling you that it isnt,  yet you're bold enough to tell them what their situation is as if you know it better than them,....that level of audacity is why this issue has and will never be fixed. 

The people who disagree with what Kaep said, or never even heard it but just ran with the media machine are indeed the problem. 

But this isnt surprising. Sooner or later, if it wasnt this situation he would have probably ended up being a "thug" in people's eyes anyway, like Robby Anderson. 

Im good. My point on how ridiculous people's stance has been on this topic has been proven to the point of overkill. 

I'll let the reality of things further support that. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they werent. And he may not be a good NFL QB, but he's proven to be better than Josh McCown. When has McCown ever been an asset to the 20 teams he played for....yet it's okay to sign that POS QB? Kaep played in important games and had key moments where he's won games off of his individual performances against teams like the Packers etc. 
You name me a time when Josh McCown did that? Oh wait, Josh McCown is the QB Lovie Smith made sure to play in week 17 when he was trying to lose the game in order to secure Jameis Winston. Talk about highlights....

49ers were losing 6 to 21 in the first half...they were getting destroyed. Either way it is not important. Tim Tebow won games with big plays in key moments we signed him how did that work out for us?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The first two sentences confirms that you dont pay attention to those "proper forums". If you're talking "level playing field" and the people IN THE SITUATION is telling you about their situation, yet you're bold enough to tell them what their situation is as if you know it better than them,....that level of audacity is why this issue has and will never be fixed. 

The people who disagree with what Kaep said, or never even hear it but just ran with the media machine are indeed the problem. 

But this isnt surprising. Sooner or later, if it wasnt this situation he would have probably ended up being a "thug" in people's anyway, like Robby Anderson. 

Im good. My point on how ridiculous people's stance has been on this topic has been proven to the point of overkill. 

I'll let the reality of things further support that. 

I don't think Keap is a bad guy nor do I think he would have wound up a thug if he didn't play football. I think his choice of kneeling during the National Anthem was a bad one and hes paying for it now. Its really that simple IMHO. I know what he meant and I know what he said but some people will never ever listen to his explanation simply because he did what he did. Yes they are ignorant on the situation but they may also think his doing it when he did it was a poor choice. 

Kaep's numbers were not bad last year in a bad situation with a bad football team that needs to rebuild like us. Kaep should have got some calls, but he didn't so no matter how much we go back and forth on the situation nothing will change and apparently his actions more than his play cost him with most if not all the owners of the NFL and who knows what those pricks are cooking up in the background to keep their league out of that type of drama. The ultra rich in this country and world are the worst of the worst and that will never change.

9 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

49ers were losing 6 to 21 in the first half...they were getting destroyed. Either way it is not important. Tim Tebow won games with big plays in key moments we signed him how did that work out for us?

Tebow won games, yet has a career completion percentage of 48% with a 17-9 TD-INT ratio over a 35 game span. Thats disgusting. 

Colin has a comp rate of 60% has a 70-30 TD-INT ratio, has won multiple playoff games, and has a superbowl appearance. 

You are absolutely correct about the SB situation, I had that backwards in regards to the power outage. Though, that last drive was still full of defensive pass interference calls that werent made by the refs. 9er's could have easily won that game if the penalties were called and not ignored. 

Point being, comparing Colin to Tebow is an exercise in futility when you look at both QB's production. Colins worst seasons are better than Tebow's entire career. Tom Brady won games too, should I now make the Colin/Brady comparison? Of course not.  

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I don't think Keap is a bad guy nor do I think he would have wound up a thug if he didn't play football. I think his choice of kneeling during the National Anthem was a bad one and hes paying for it now. Its really that simple IMHO. I know what he meant and I know what he said but some people will never ever listen to his explanation simply because he did what he did. Yes they are ignorant on the situation but they may also think his doing it when he did it was a poor choice. 

Kaep's numbers were not bad last year in a bad situation with a bad football team that needs to rebuild like us. Kaep should have got some calls, but he didn't so no matter how much we go back and forth on the situation nothing will change and apparently his actions more than his play cost him with most if not all the owners of the NFL and who knows what those pricks are cooking up in the background to keep their league out of that type of drama. The ultra rich in this country and world are the worst of the worst and that will never change.

He has a right to shed light on human rights issues, especially when the message of the National Anthem arent being met for the people he was representing that do not have the platform or voice that he had. 

giving him sh*t for that is un-american. 

Tebow won games, yet has a career completion percentage of 48% with a 17-9 TD-INT ratio over a 35 game span. Thats disgusting. 
Colin has a comp rate of 60% has a 70-30 TD-INT ratio, has won multiple playoff games, and has a superbowl appearance. 

You are absolutely correct about the SB situation, I had that backwards in regards to the power outage. Though, that last drive was still full of defensive pass interference calls that werent made by the refs. 9er's could have easily won that game if the penalties were called and not ignored. 

Point being, comparing Colin to Tebow is an exercise in futility when you look at both QB's production. Colins worst seasons are better than Tebow's entire career. Tom Brady won games too, should I now make the Colin/Brady comparison? Of course not.  

The only thing I think they have in common is they are both terrible nfl qbs. Kaepernick has a low interception ratio because of his guys aren't wide open for him to miss he just scrambles or takes a sack he almost has as many fumbles as interceptions.

The only reason why I wouldn't want Kaepernick on the team is because we need to see what we have in Petty and Hackenberg and go forward with them for better or worse. Of course Kaepernick is a better quarterback than anything we have on the roster right now. 

2 minutes ago, August said:

The only reason why I wouldn't want Kaepernick on the team is because we need to see what we have in Petty and Hackenberg and go forward with them for better or worse. Of course Kaepernick is a better quarterback than anything we have on the roster right now. 

Holy contradiction Batman

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet another reason why you know that their issue has nothing to do with his "view". They never even listened to what the man said. How do you get "he hates america and the troops" from this...?

speaking of the troops. How does he "hate the troops" yet says what he says regarding his concern for the troops at the 2:25 mark? There are alot of pretend patriots on the internet that just like to smear this guy because it's easy to do 

Colin makes it pretty easy to smear him with his sh*tty QB play and his faux pas "Oh, I didn't mean it that way" attitude.  I have family who are brave US soldiers and outstanding members of the NYPD.  They support his right to protest, but they do take offense to the way he's chosen to spread his message.  Thats pretty much the consensus between the service members and officers I'm close with.  I'd also love to hear the excuses for when he decided to wear socks with "Pig Cop" images all over them.  Doesn't exactly come across as a genuine "don't generalize" message does it?  

0901-colin-kaepernick-socks-getty-zoom-3.jpg

No one close to me continued to "hear him out" after that one.  In that moment, he was no better than the dickhead, power tripping cops who profile (and yes, I know they do exist even with family members who protect and serve.  I'm not going to blindly defend the corrupt) and go into their field with pre-existing bias.  

He's a hypocrite and a jerk-off off the field and he sucks on the field.  There were plenty of other ways he could have gotten his message across and he chose the dumbest one for both him and his cause.  I never thought he would last on the field as a one-read, unorthadox, rush-dependant QB and his off the field decisions didn't help.   The way he handled it was poor and he has no one to blame but himself for every on the field and off the field decision he's made.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Colin makes it pretty easy to smear him with his sh*tty QB play and his faux pas "Oh, I didn't mean it that way" attitude.  I have family who are brave soldiers and outstanding members of the NYPD.  I'd love to hear the excuses for when he decided to wear socks with "Pig Cop" images all over them.  Doesn't exactly come across as a genuine "don't generalize" message does it?  In that moment, he was no better than the dickhead, power tripping cops who profile (and yes, I know they do exist even with family members who protect and serve.  I'm not going to blindly defend the corrupt).  

He's a hypocrite and a jerk-off off the field and he sucks on the field.  There were plenty of other ways he could have gotten his message across and he chose the dumbest one for both him and his cause.  

You didnt listen to the video. I can tell by this response. 

Also, the logic here is "You wont get the smear campaign for as long as you're an excellent QB". There were other ways that he could have gotten this message out, but he probably realized how good the cancer awareness message got out when connected to the NFL and put two-and-two together. 

What he probably didnt expect is that we live in an age where we praise Ali today because its of no consequence given that we werent around to handle that clean up, but Kaep bringing that situation current then suddenly its a similar road. Attack the messenger and not deal with the message. 

No knee in the world is as bad as a power tripping cop that puts a glock in your face and proceeds to tell you what he can take away from you starting from your manhood to your family. People who say comments like that never had to deal with this situation on a daily basis as well as the fact that they for sure didnt listen to that 18 minute video. 

Same people who call him a hypocrite cant give a credible example of why he's a hypocrite. They use opinions like "Now he's willing to stand for the anthem", yet in that very video (if people listened to what he actually said) he stated in his video which was recorded n August of 2016 that "he fully understands what this could mean for his career, but he's willing to take that chance because he cant stand around and watch this go on and not say anything". 

That entire "He's a hypocrite because he's willing to stand for a job now" was destroyed back at his very 1st interview. Once again proving that the people bitching about this issue never actually dealt with the situation regarding the knee. Why? Because in reality, you and I both know it isnt important outside of the community in which those troubles fester. When has it ever? I mean, lets be serious...this jackass terrible QB took a knee at a football game, completely wrong forum and totally interrupted my football experience. I mean, it could have been acceptable if only he was a "good football quarterback". (my goodness)

lol. People seriously need to see this for what it is already. 

33 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The only thing I think they have in common is they are both terrible nfl qbs. Kaepernick has a low interception ratio because of his guys aren't wide open for him to miss he just scrambles or takes a sack he almost has as many fumbles as interceptions.

That's funny, because Andrew Luck takes as many sacks if not more, and fumbles just as much. 

Whats Lucks excuse? 

Kaep's 18 minute video discusses the human rights issue and his reason for the knee. Whenever people find that to be more important than his knee or socks that represents the behavior of many of those cops in those areas, then we'll have something further to discuss. There are 10's of 1000's of videos on the internet showing activity by officers in these areas that make those socks look like an understatement. And yet, I have not seen such a disdain for those situations as I have those socks that are in representation of what many people are dealing with in those communities. And alot of times people love to combat those videos with videos of "criminals". Well, criminals are the people that the Cops should be after. There shouldnt be thousands of videos in similar neighborhoods full of people who are not criminals and are not in the middle of criminal activity being harassed, injured or killed, especially when other neighborhoods around the US seem not to have this issue with the population and the police. 

I guess Kaep will address the socks when people are willing to address the injustice. 

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You didnt listen to the video. I can tell by this response. 

Also, the logic here is "You wont get the smear campaign for as long as you're an excellent QB". There were other ways that he could have gotten this message out, but he probably realized how good the cancer awareness message got out when connected to the NFL and put two-and-two together. 

What he probably didnt expect is that we live in an age where we praise Ali today because its of no consequence given that we werent around to handle that clean up, but Kaep bringing that situation current then suddenly its a similar road. Attack the messenger and not deal with the message. 

No knee in the world is as bad as a power tripping cop that puts a glock in your face and proceeds to tell you what he can take away from you starting from your manhood to your family. People who say comments like that never had to deal with this situation on a daily basis as well as the fact that they for sure didnt listen to that 18 minute video. 

Same people who call him a hypocrite cant give a credible example of why he's a hypocrite. They use opinions like "Now he's willing to stand for the anthem", yet in that very video (if people actually listened to what he actually said) he actually stated in his video which was recorded n August of 2016 that "he fully understands what this could mean for his career, but he's willing to take that chance because he cant stand around and watch this go on and not say anything". 

That entire "He's a hypocrite because he's willing to stand for a job now" was destroyed back at his very 1st interview. Once again proving that the people bitching about his issue never actually dealt with the situation regarding the knee. Why? Because in reality, you and I both know it isnt important outside of the community in which those troubles fester. When has it ever? I mean, lets be serious...this jackass terrible QB took a knee at a football game, completely wrong forum and totally interrupted my football experience. I mean, it could have been acceptable if only he was a "good football quarterback". (my goodness)

lol. People seriously need to see this for what it is already. 

You know why I don't care for the video?  Because every single one of his actions say that his words don't mean sh*t and he's nothing more than a giant hypocrite.  I didn't say taking a knee is as bad as profiling.  I said wearing socks that portray and generalize cops as "pigs" is just as bad.  You wanna know why it's just as bad?  Because it's profiling/generalizing.  The same thing he's supposedly against.

Close your eyes and ears to it all you want.  It's no different.  Also, his interview did nothing to destroy the hypocrisy of him conveniently deciding that now was time to end his kneeling.  At the end of the day, Colin can say whatever he wants, he chose his career over his cause, like everyone predicted would be the case.

Since when is corruption in the police department not important to everyone?  Speak for yourself when you want to talk out your ass like that.  You think my friends and family (+ the other good cops out there) enjoy having their names and profession dragged through the mud by a bunch of powertripping d*ckbags who have no right wearing the badge and uniform?  You think that they enjoy wondering if they're going to be the targets of some lunatic like the guy from Dallas when they go out for their shifts?  Even when it's a case of a poorly trained officer who had no ill will, just was an idiot (unfortunate but true in any profession) or people deciding the cop is ALWAYS wrong even when the details and facts come out and say otherwise, the well trained, cool headed officers still have to eat sh*t because of the actions of others.

My opinion on his stance has nothing to do with Colin being a sh*t QB.  It's just another reason why I want nothing to do with him.  I'd feel this way if it were Newton or Dak (other high profile, successful, African American QBs, that I LOVE watching play this sport, who felt that kneeling wasn't the way to go about this.) Sh*t if it were Brady or Rodgers, two white guys, I'd still think they're jackasses.  Personally, I don't feel kneeling during the Anthem does anything other than disrespect the soldiers who died fighting for the flag it honors.  To me it does nothing but toss any message you have out the window.  In my eyes, someone who would sh*t all over the sacrifices of those who fought for his FREEDOM and RIGHT to protest has nothing worth listening to.

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes, I do. 

Yeah, why's that asshat?  Enlighten me.  This should be f*cking rich, considering that I elaborated on just that in my post (I'm suuuuuure you read it), but you seem to know me better than I do so go ahead.  Tell me why. 

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, why's that asshat?  Enlighten me.

Okay, I'll enlighten you. 

It's because you dont care about the issues he's put forth. This is why you dont care about the video, which clearly explains his position, but instead you clearly care about everything surrounding this situation for as long as it doesnt involve the issues that was behind the knee and socks.

And I can prove this with a rhetorical question. 

Why do you care about his knee or his socks so much to the point of ignoring when millions of people are being harassed, terrorized, mistreated and falsely accused in their own neighborhood? 

I dont know what type of "asshat" you take me for, but one thing I do know is that when an individual who is truly interested in situations like this, and making sure that their fellow country men are protected by the law, they dont let their personal displeasure for the presentation deter them from the obvious issue/crime. And yea, I used the word crime. When people are being harassed where they live, that leads to hopelessness, risky situations and dysfunction within those neighborhoods. Something completely avoidable yet totally ignored...rather, dismissed.

So yes, your actions tell me everything I need to know about why you're not interested in the issue, but instead in the messenger. 

With that said, im not here to try to make you. This was a good discussion. After all, this is all prophecy anyway. :-) No socks, speech to the press, or popular celebrity is going to stop what the book says. 

Fortunately for me, I know what to follow and I leave all the rest to peoples own faulty philosophy. 

20 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I didn't say he wasn't good he was one of the best qb prospects in a long time he will get more time to prove himself...I don't doubt that If somehow Indy wound up with the number one pick next season that luck finds his way to the trade block.

And yet he's unproven? He's been in the league, what...5, 6 years? 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Okay, I'll enlighten you. 

It's because you dont care about the issues he's put forth. This is why you dont care about the video, which clearly explains his position, but instead you clearly care about everything surrounding this situation for as long as it doesnt involve the issues that was behind the knee and socks.

And I can prove this with a rhetorical question. 

Why do you care about his knee or his socks so much to the point of ignoring when millions of people are being harassed, terrorized, mistreated and falsely accused in their own neighborhood? 

I dont know what type of "asshat" you take me for, but one thing I do know is that when an individual who is truly interested in situations like this, and making sure that their fellow country men are protected by the law, they dont let their personal displeasure for the presentation deter them from the obvious issue/crime. And yea, I used the word crime. When people are being harassed were they live, that leads to hopeless situations and dysfunction within those neighborhoods.

So yes, your actions tells me everything I need to know about why you're not interested in the issue, but instead in the messenger. 

With that said, im not here to try to make you. This was a good discussion. After all, this is all prophecy anyway. :-) No socks, speech to the press, or popular celebrity is going to stop what the book says. 

Fortunately for me, I know what to follow and I leave all the rest to peoples own faulty philosophy. 

Why is it completely unbelievable to you that someone can care about both?  Why can't I find it absolutely despicable that there are people wearing the uniform and badge that my family has proudly worn and represented for decades and sh*tting all over everything that they swore to uphold and honor when they put it on.  Why is it hard for you to believe that I DO feel that right now there are issues with police and discrimination but feel that there are also better ways to go about reform and discussion of such issues.  Why is it impossible for you to believe that I feel this way about all of those things, BUT also find it absolutely disgusting that Kaepernick would stereotype all cops as "pigs", and then back peddle with a "Oh no, I meant it THIS way" excuse?  I don't know how you could sit there and tell people how they feel without hearing them out entirely.  This isn't a simple issue and deserves more discussion and listening from people on both sides of the fence to resolve it.

Look, I apologize for calling you an asshat.  With a simplified answer like the one you initially gave, it kind of came off like you were going to dismiss everything I wrote and resort to simply calling me a racist, which I'm not going to stand for because it couldn't be further from the truth.  At the end of the day, you can't use armchair psychology on people and tell them what they do and don't care about because they happen to disagree with your stance on Kaepernick and his actions.  I DO feel for those suffering from the injustices imposed on them by corrupt, horrible, people.  Not just officers.  People.  That's what we all are at the end of the day.  Again, the unfortunate truth is that this issue is thale furthest thing from simple and we have a long time before any of this is solved.  I don't think Colin did anything but draw negativity to himself with his actions and, in my opinion, SOME of it is warranted.  He was a high profile athlete.  There were so many other ways for him to bring attention to a very serious issue and, in my opinion, he chose the worst one.  In my eyes, he did nothing but cause harm to his cause.  There are people on both sides of the issue that agree with that.  For those reasons (and the fact that I think he sucks on the field) I want no part of him.  

And finally...for the record, I have watched the video.  I simply don't care for him because he can mumble on about how he knows what this will do for his career all he wants....to me...his actions tell me that he wasn't being genuine.  I've heard him.  I'd just prefer to listen to someone else when it comes to this issue, not Colin Kaepernick.

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

So, it was indeed his socks that ultimately drew the line for you when his socks mocked the profession of those  who claim to protect but instead show lack thereof, enough to generalize when dealing with the people he chose to defend? The socks is what made the point irrelevant? lol. 

And anyone who knows the history of Ali knows that he's said more things that ruffled more feathers in 1960's America than Kaepernick's socks have in 2016/17. The only difference is that the public today are so docile and overly programmed to the point that socks can offend and hurt feelings, but the actions of those same public forces being negatively represented on those socks can do virtually anything to anyone of this social class and will be granted absolutely every benefit of the doubt possible and most of the time given paid leave as a punishment.  That's probably why he wore the socks. 

Google or youtube Ali and you'll see the things that he's said in the heat of the moment in defense of himself, his people, and his freedom to live. People talk about Kaep hating troops/America when he never once said that, yet when Ali was there he was fighting against hate that was more in your face, in the public eye and much clearer when it came to the hate towards his people. Today however, its much more covert, clever, indirect and protected behind legal jargon, philosophies and PC...to the point that any and all valid arguments can be dismissed with distasteful socks. 

Really? The socks did that? lol. 

Im going to start recommending my people get passports, because sometimes its better not to fight this level of crazy. lol. If socks can dismiss his point and people are so appalled over it, then It's time to seriously acknowledge and accept what your worth truly is where you reside. 

You don't get us, we don't get you. Period.

But when you call us "Pig" or throw rocks at cops to demonstrate the latest cause du jeur or shoot at firetrucks because "Black Lives Matter" (lol, tell that the the Good boys that shot 3 people in 12 hours in West Palm Thursday night) or burn down a neighborhood because of "social justice"....Or decide to disrespect our flag and our National Anthem after a period of time in which hundreds of thousands have fought for our nation.....And then seethe and nash teeth about insanely found shadows of "Racism" in code words or whatever the latest talking point of the leftists is that day and have Maxine Waters screeching for "Republicans" to be hanged or to go straight to hell, don't expect understanding, or for that matter, for us to give a **** about your opinion.

So don't be obtuse. It's stupid. And as usual, grabbing one point out of context and harping on it to minimize someone else's opinion does nothing to have us even care to hear more from you.

And as long as Soldiers, Cops, Firemen, and any other person in the business of service to others that could result in OUR loss of life can have our lives destroyed for simply an implication of "racism", while any conduct, whether it's verbal or violent, of the black community is condoned out of a sense of Political Correctness and the scream of Oppression... We're tired of it. 

Bottom line, all Americans have the same exact rights, as found in the Constitution. Just because you might be black, or like dudes, or whatever.... Doesn't give you MORE rights, and doesn't forfeit my right to think Colin Kaepernick is an ingrate Douchebag that has offended me, and my nation. And if I decide to walk away from the Jets if they sign that INGRATE SCUMBAG, that's my right.

Oh, and Mohammad Ali was a draft dodging scumbag coward who's Parkinson's I consider karmic. The way the left worships that sh*tbird Paluka is beyond me....

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet another reason why you know that their issue has nothing to do with his "view". They never even listened to what the man said. How do you get "he hates america and the troops" from this...?

speaking of the troops, how does he "hate the troops" yet says what he says regarding his concern for the troops at the 2:25 mark? There are alot of pretend patriots on the internet that just like to smear this guy because it's easy to do. 

Bottomline, people need to start acting their adult age and deal with the topic at hand instead of acting like this guy did the most blasphemous thing by taking a knee at a football game. 

The type of American that stands for what he believes in. Not typical of most here in America. This man is a leader and deserves a spot in the NFL as a QB. He certainly is not the 100th best talent at the QB position. He clearly would become the most talented QB on the Jets.

I'm at a family wedding so I don't have time or the energy to read every Post in this thread. But I see a lot of people fighting and many personal attacks, so that's going to be a wrap here.

Archived