NY Jets plane in Long Beach

thshadow

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

When the Jets need the plane for 19 weeks they charter it from JetBlue.  The other 33 weeks that plane in Jets colors flies typical JetBlue routes.

Damn it, for once I thought *I* was the person breaking Jets news!!

Oh well.  It was cool to see at least!  At LNG, you just walk on the tarmac, so I got a good view.

2 hours ago, thshadow said:

Damn it, for once I thought *I* was the person breaking Jets news!!

Oh well.  It was cool to see at least!  At LNG, you just walk on the tarmac, so I got a good view.

You did, it was very good to see the plane and the hi-res allowed me to nick the tail number from the plane so I could look up its history. 

So it's all you, bro.

SAR I

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

When the Jets need the plane for 19 weeks they charter it from JetBlue.  The other 33 weeks that plane in Jets colors flies typical JetBlue routes.

Flight history: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N746JB

SAR I

Plane was in Havana on Saturday. This thing gets around. Ole. I just wonder how many passengers had 2nd thoughts about boarding when seeing the Jets logo. 

On 5/14/2017 at 4:03 PM, SAR I said:

Flight history: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N746JB

SAR I

Where did you see that the Jets charter it? Jetblue doesn't even fly to all of the NFL cities...

I feel like I remember people posting pics of it on gamedays in different cities too....

Curious if you are right or if you just made that up...

14 hours ago, ECURB said:

Where did you see that the Jets charter it? Jetblue doesn't even fly to all of the NFL cities...

I feel like I remember people posting pics of it on gamedays in different cities too....

Curious if you are right or if you just made that up...

Things may have changed in the past few years, but that was the plane I saw the Jets deplane for the 2009 AFC Championship Game as I was taxiing next to its gate in Indianapolis and it's been spotted by several fans in road game threads over the years.

I'm sure that if in a pinch Jetblue had an aircraft conflict or a delay they would swap out another A320.  As for Jetblue not being in all NFL cities, when it's a charter flight they lease a gate and services from those who cater to charters.

SAR I

Archived