When Will Hackenchize be named the Day 1 Starter

BornJetsFan1983

When will Hackenchize be named the Day 1 Starter  

69 members have voted

1. 1. When Will Hackenchize be named the Starter, I think he gets the nod Preseason week 2 for the week 1 start!

• During MIniCamp - Bowls comes out expecting a lot from this kid, no competition the job is his, with McCown serving as mentor
    • Preseason (Game 1-4) - citing extreme passion and improvement, Bowls names Hackchize the signal caller for the Season Start
    • Week 1 - 8 - Others play and suck, then they throw the kid in what the hell, Bowles and BigMac are gone nest year anyway
    • Week 9 - 17 Its been McCown/Petty all season, all stink. Hack gets thrown in finally after we have 0 chance of making playoff

10 hours ago, rangerous said:

hack is going to be the starter.  any other choice except maybe petty means the jets aren't planning on going anywhere this season. the players aren't stupid.  they know what mccown's record is and they would fools to think he gives them the best chance to win week in and week out.  oh they might be okay with mccown for the first few games but unless they get off to a fast start he'll lose credibility as a starter.

Let me start by saying that I would prefer to see Hack win the starting job . That with-standing, even I realize that the players will know by the end of camp which QB should be leading them onto the field come opening day .  It's an open competition, the best these players will get to prove themselves, so all they have to do is don't mess it up . 

I don't want McCown even seeing the field, but I highly doubt that will happen. I think as of now Josh wins the job, as learning a new offense puts Petty and Hack behind the eight ball. McCown can at least get the young Wr's and Legget some learning experience, but ultimately I want to see either Hack or Petty start. I don't think McCown can beat any team in our division, maybe Buffalo, once. Here is to holding out hope for Hack, as much as most, including myself are looking forward to possibly drafting a possible QB of the future next year. It would  be nice if we can finally have one of the young guys shock us all. Not holding my breath. 

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Let me start by saying that I would prefer to see Hack win the starting job . That with-standing, even I realize that the players will know by the end of camp which QB should be leading them onto the field come opening day .  It's an open competition, the best these players will get to prove themselves, so all they have to do is don't mess it up . 

agree but at the same time they shouldn't let any bs intangibles cloud the selection. in a normal situation it would be right to start the vet.  this situation isn't normal.  hack was red shirted for all of last season so he would be ready for this one.  and imo the players known that mccown is rent-a-qb. i think they'll play better for a guy who is going to be around for a couple of seasons.

we'll see.

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

agree but at the same time they shouldn't let any bs intangibles cloud the selection. in a normal situation it would be right to start the vet.  this situation isn't normal.  hack was red shirted for all of last season so he would be ready for this one.  and imo the players known that mccown is rent-a-qb. i think they'll play better for a guy who is going to be around for a couple of seasons.

we'll see.

I could be wrong, and if I am, so be it but IMO, if Hackenberg even remotely looks like an NFL QB, he will be the starting QB . Our  GM has too much invested in him not to see him succeed  . The ball in squarely in Hack's court . 

17 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I could be wrong, and if I am, so be it but IMO, if Hackenberg even remotely looks like an NFL QB, he will be the starting QB . Our  GM has too much invested in him not to see him succeed  . The ball in squarely in Hack's court . 

I hope you are right! Let him take all the rep P Manning style, let the chips fall where they may, either he is it or not. Maybe he sucks but then gets better, maybe he is great, maybe he sucks the whole....no matter what we win by either getting our qtr back or being able to draft one high next year.

ESPN's Rich Cimini spoke to a scout who was "taken aback" by how many "off-target" passes Christian Hackenberg threw in pregame warmups last season.
That's right. Hackenberg, the 51st overall selection in the 2016 draft, couldn't even throw an accurate pass in warmups last year. Hackenberg didn't see the field at all as a rookie, which was rather astounding given the miserable play of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty. The Jets are having an open competition at quarterback this summer but Hackenberg is a long shot to overtake Josh McCown and Petty for the starting job. New York's decision to draft Hackenberg in the second round is one of the worst picks in recent memory.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

if he out performs petty in preseason - i see him being named game 4 or right after game 4 in preseason. Hopefully he can do something. If not, i hope we suck and grab a franchise QB in the draft - if that is possible 

Pretty good chance the Jets will be dreadful, and even a better chance Hackenberg is terrible. We may finally get a franchise Qb

I want to bring this up again here. I remember one of the post games last year on SNY, think it was the Cleveland game, when Fitz got his bell rung and we thought Petty was going to play, but Fitz went back in. After the game, Bowles was asked about Petty being ready to play, and Hack's name came up, and Bowles made a very curious comment for that time saying that Hack was pretty even with Petty.  If that was the case, and  Hack has been getting consistently better since the end of last season, I could see Bowles naming him the starter after the Giants game, when he would have a good chance to play a half against a top flight starting defense. I really feel that the Jets were looking at Petty last year to see if he could be a # 2 for the future because they truly believe Hack is the guy. McCown is here as a veteran backup plan in case of an injury, like Fitz was as insurance for Geno. Just hope there are no more IK types around here.:D

2 hours ago, jetrider said:

This was discussed on NFLN. It was agreed that there's more upside to playing the young QBs but LaDainian said, "Yeah but ..." and predicts teammates will want McCown. 

Yeah but McCown will outplay both Hack and Petty

Petty is the best prospect going forward, and it isnt close. 

Hackenberg can't even hit a slant in 7 on 7 warmups with no pass rush.

FTR, I dont think Petty is the answer either.  But Hack is a waste of a roster spot.  You Hack hopefuls should stick to your faith healing tents.  They have an equal chance of bringing the results you seek.

Petty could become a serviceable backup. 

6 hours ago, jetrider said:

This was discussed on NFLN. It was agreed that there's more upside to playing the young QBs but LaDainian said, "Yeah but ..." and predicts teammates will want McCown. 

**** the team mates.  In any case we don;t have to worry about teammates but rather a sh*tacular coach like Bowles.

11 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

ESPN's Rich Cimini spoke to a scout who was "taken aback" by how many "off-target" passes Christian Hackenberg threw in pregame warmups last season.
That's right. Hackenberg, the 51st overall selection in the 2016 draft, couldn't even throw an accurate pass in warmups last year. Hackenberg didn't see the field at all as a rookie, which was rather astounding given the miserable play of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty. The Jets are having an open competition at quarterback this summer but Hackenberg is a long shot to overtake Josh McCown and Petty for the starting job. New York's decision to draft Hackenberg in the second round is one of the worst picks in recent memory.

Lol emoji13.png

I saw this too.   It's the truth. 

No amount of "mechanics" work is going to fix this.  Accuracy can be tweaked a little... but you can't make filet out of flank steak.

And even if you dreamers (delusionals) are right... and he can be "fixed."  A few games behind the Jets OL, and his footwork will be all f*cked up again as he is getting abused,  Penn State style.

Archived