kmnj

lots of dead cap money

73 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Anyone with half a brain could see how bad Fitz really was, and shame on the Jets for not making a bigger more serious push for a different veteran QB if Bowles was so determined to have a veteran QB, literally ANYONE else would have been a better option then Fitz, and yes I said that during 2015, after 2015, and still to this day it was so obvious, and only the Jets, and their ridiculous fans didn't see it.

You are saying this after the fact, even the biggest fitz critics were eating their words after the big win streak before falling on our ass vs buffalo.  Fitz was not only good he was outstanding in that i think 6 game win streak. 

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Now if he can get Mac to wear a tam-o' shanter he'll have him dead to rights. Good gifs though. I got a laugh out of them.

Those Our Gang episodes were the best! Funnnn-ny!

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

in addition to having one of the worst rosters in the league we have the second most dead cap money-way to go mac-those revis and fitz deals were just terrific

I have been told it is no big deal but the Fitz dead money actually keeps me up at night.

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

Atleast he won the GM of the year award. How about we beat that dead horse as well? He's a great GM. Don't ask why. He just is. He's done a fantastic job assembling the worst roster in the NFL after inheriting only $50mil of cap space. 

Mac is gone next January.  Woody can pretend to buy into the stupidity but he will eventually grow a brain and sink the costs.  He did with Tebow and Idzik

26 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mac is gone next January.  Woody can pretend to buy into the stupidity but he will eventually grow a brain and sink the costs.  He did with Tebow and Idzik

He's here for at least 2 more years. It is what it is. Enjoy the ride my friend.

39 minutes ago, thadude said:

And that keep perpetuating the cycle and we become the Cleveland Browns. Mac hasn't done a bad job, let's give him time instead of firing HC/GM every two years.

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

On the plus side, all the players we signed are good, and the team is good, so 

more on the plus side is 20 of 21 mac draft choices are currently on the team.  maybe he hasn't drafted great players beyond leo but he has made this team much younger and cheaper.

55 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Atleast he won the GM of the year award. How about we beat that dead horse as well? He's a great GM. Don't ask why. He just is. He's done a fantastic job assembling the worst roster in the NFL after inheriting only $50mil of cap space. 

no offense but 50 m doesn't buy what it used to in nfl terms.

Irrelevant, the Jets are not Winning anything this year. Next season we will be spending like a crazy man.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

To do that Woody will have to admit that he too failed.  Woody also knows that in the current structure, it will be hard to get someone good to replace Mac.  So my guess is that they ride it out.  Maybe Bowles goes if he coaches like he did last year.

44 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

He's here for at least 2 more years. It is what it is. Enjoy the ride my friend.

I agree with this.

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And that keep perpetuating the cycle and we become the Cleveland Browns. Mac hasn't done a bad job, let's give him time instead of firing HC/GM every two years.

I don't know about you, but the Cleveland Browns look like they currently have their heads screwed on straight.  They could be ahead of the Jets.  They certainly have a better coach.

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Irrelevant, the Jets are not Winning anything this year. Next season we will be spending like a crazy man.

Woody breaks down next year and spends.   The "patient" build is a one year build.

2 hours ago, sciond said:

Who was the franchise changing QB available last year that we missed out on?

Where did I say Franchise changing?  Signing Fitz added 2 more years to the rebuild process.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

You are saying this after the fact, even the biggest fitz critics were eating their words after the big win streak before falling on our ass vs buffalo.  Fitz was not only good he was outstanding in that i think 6 game win streak. 

No I am not, I'm just repeating my sentiments from when the Jets acquired Fitz, Fitz kept the job when Geno was healthy in 2015, and every game after including the 5 game win streak vs 4 pop warner teams, and 1 completely depleted team at the time do to injuries, and kept repeating my opinion since never waivering, go look it up if you don't believe me.

53 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yep, and that means they won't get any compensation for Richardson

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

more on the plus side is 20 of 21 mac draft choices are currently on the team.  maybe he hasn't drafted great players beyond leo but he has made this team much younger and cheaper.

After making it much older and more expensive, sure.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Also, short of "hands draft cards in before time expires," guys being on the roster is the lowest standard to which one can hold a GM. Making the team younger and cheaper by drafting a bunch of sh*tty players is basically a one-sentence summary of what Idzik did.

29 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yep, and that means they won't get any compensation for Richardson

Pretty much, they fooked up by not moving him last year. 

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

After making it much older and more expensive, sure.

They had to spend that money under the CBA. You know that.

Idzik did most of damage. He bombed out on almost every pick. Skipped drafting a Franchise QB because of Geno, and Drafted utter sh*te. But please continue with the Bashing :-)

1 hour ago, varjet said:

To do that Woody will have to admit that he too failed.  Woody also knows that in the current structure, it will be hard to get someone good to replace Mac.  So my guess is that they ride it out.  Maybe Bowles goes if he coaches like he did last year.

I agree with this.

I don't know about you, but the Cleveland Browns look like they currently have their heads screwed on straight.  They could be ahead of the Jets.  They certainly have a better coach.

Woody breaks down next year and spends.   The "patient" build is a one year build.

Now they do , but for what seems like decades they did exactly what the poster I replied to wanted the Jets to do , fire the GM and HC every two years. 

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

They had to spend that money under the CBA. You know that.

Idzik did most of damage. He bombed out on almost every pick. Skipped drafting a Franchise QB because of Geno, and Drafted utter sh*te. But please continue with the Bashing :-)

Idzik sucks and so does Maccagnan

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Also, short of "hands draft cards in before time expires," guys being on the roster is the lowest standard to which one can hold a GM. Making the team younger and cheaper by drafting a bunch of sh*tty players is basically a one-sentence summary of what Idzik did.

It's also code for "literally anyone not on the team can make the team." 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

no offense but 50 m doesn't buy what it used to in nfl terms.

It barely buys one third salary of an NFL team. Barely.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Year 3 and we have THE worst roster in the league. How has he not done a bad job? I don't care who he cut and why he cut. I don't care if he drafted Leo. I don't care if he found a soon-to-be felon as an UDFA in Anderson. I care how the team is overall. We have no WRs worth a crap once Decker gets hurt. We have a makeshift OL. We have no QB or TE. His hand picked RB is older than my dead grandma in NFL RB age terms. We always had one of the best DL but he's made it sh*t with Richardson and Mo not being even half as productive under a different regime. David Harris is still our starting LB. We don't have a secondary unless you think the two rookie safeties will light the NFL on fire from the get-go? So there's that. Our strongest unit is the DL, which has ALWAYS been our strongest unit under most regimes. 

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Where did I say Franchise changing?  Signing Fitz added 2 more years to the rebuild process.

Hows so?

I disagree this team was always weak but they thought they could compete for 2 years then rebuild. We have been drafting to rebuild this club since Mac came here. We did not have access to a franchise QB so they took the best route they thought. He has stuck to the BPA drafting plan and nothing about that has changed no matter how our QB has sucked. The only possible QB misstep was Hackenburg but it is too early to tell for sure

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

in addition to having one of the worst rosters in the league we have the second most dead cap money-way to go mac-those revis and fitz deals were just terrific

big....Y-A-W-N