Jets Strength of Schedule.. 8th Hardest= Excellent!!!

32EBoozer

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If we go 6-10 with McCown playing most of the time, that would be an absolute disaster.

6-10 gets you the 10th to 13th pick and destroys any chance of acquiring one of the top tier qb's in the draft.  If this happens, Woody needs to be a woodpecker. 

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Jets gonna get #1 overall in the best QB draft in 30 years baby

Let's us pray, chant OM OM OM, eat Lucky Charms on game day, cross your toes every game, wear beads, send Tom Brady, Taylor, Tannehill flowers, and other opposing qb's spa certificates, burn incense, visit an Indian Reservation and take peyote with their spirit leader.  And that's just for starters. 

28 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I wish it was the toughest. Embrace the suck. 1-15 please. Then comes a franchise QB and all will be well. 

It's hard to play the toughest schedule when you really sucked the previous year. 8th hardest is actually pretty hard considering their ineptitude last year and getting the 6th pick.  Logically, they should have the lower quarter in terms of schedule difficulty. No clue how they determine this stuff. And of course, despite the tough schedule, we always play the teams in our conference pretty well, even if we suck.  8th toughest....it's a gift ? 

20 years ago, sucking would get you an easy schedule (sometimes 2 years out). Now it is harder. Six games are divisional which includes the SB winners twice. Then our division plays 2 other divisions for another 8 games. So, of the 16 games, 14 are already locked. The NFL only has 2 games to 'soften' the schedule.

That being said, SOS isn't as important as it used to be. Teams have much bigger swings in records now. Look at it this way, last year, before the season started, everyone playing the Jets was playing a 10-6 team. How did that work out?

Play the young QBs.  They will lose, but also get practice.   That hopefully allows the Jets to draft another QB high.

Worst case scenario, you have a decent QB to play while the draft pick learns.

McCown is just there in case of complete meltdown so they can put someone out there who can play, but hopefully still lose.  He is good at that. 

But my scary thought of the week is that when I look at the other teams, in the AFC East and NFL, I see organizations with better coaches, GMS and owners.

Even in the AFC East, I would rather have McDermott and Gase than Bowles.  

This can get worse before it gets better.

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If we go 6-10 with McCown playing most of the time, that would be an absolute disaster.

If we go 6-10 with McCown that means he is on roids and turned back the clock 3 decades and became Joe Montana because McCown will never win 6 games for any team. 

18 minutes ago, pointman said:

If we go 6-10 with McCown that means he is on roids and turned back the clock 3 decades and became Joe Montana because McCown will never win 6 games for any team. 

Realistically there are 8 games we will definitely lose without question. Raiders, Pats 2X, Falcons, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, Broncos. Then there are 8 games on the bubble Fins 2X, Bills2X, Saints, Chargers, Browns, Jaguars. If we split the bubble games, which is quite possible it leaves us at 4-12.  At the very worst we go 2-14. Mac may have to move to get a higher pick. 

5 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Realistically there are 8 games we will definitely lose without question. Raiders, Pats 2X, Falcons, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, Broncos. Then there are 8 games on the bubble Fins 2X, Bills2X, Saints, Chargers, Browns, Jaguars. If we split the bubble games, which is quite possible it leaves us at 4-12.  At the very worst we go 2-14. Mac may have to move to get a higher pick. 

I can't imagine going 2-14, but if we win 6 games I'll be stunned. I just don't want to see McCown, even if he has a '15 Fitz like year. 

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I hope we suck and won't judge the coaching staff on wins and losses. However the point deferential should be a key factor to us all. Will Bowled have them battle from 1st period on through out? Well see.

problem is we're going to suck with a sucky Oline, then draft a franchise QB and stick him behind that sucky, neglected Oline.  And voila!  you have the new Chad Pennington.  So yeah I'm going to judge the front office unless it fixes the line up to some degree.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Another 6-10 season by my reckoning with the outside hope of 3-13.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000801166/2017-Strength-of-Schedule-Ranking-32-to-1

SUCK for SAM !!!

i don't want them to get sam, usc QBs have been notoriously overrated I like that QB from UCLA - Josh Rosen or the guy from Wyoming - Josh Allen - assuming they both have really good years.... Lamar Jackson is worth a look... really strong arm, can scramble - they say he's more polished than Mike Vick was coming out of college. I just feel like Sam Darnold is gunna be another Matt Leinart, and look how long it took for Carson Palmer to be more than decent. 

10 hours ago, pointman said:

Be careful ... someone started a thread about Fitz saying almost the same thing a couple of years back. ;-) 

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

..... and use it on a safety with outstanding people skills 

Did you read this article by Bucky Brooks?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000809136/article/darnold-rosen-allen-no-surefire-franchise-qbs-in-next-wave

Synopsis - don't count on the QB crop until they hatch; best player in CFB next year may well be a safety with outstanding people skills ;-) 

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Did you read this article by Bucky Brooks?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000809136/article/darnold-rosen-allen-no-surefire-franchise-qbs-in-next-wave

Synopsis - don't count on the QB crop until they hatch; best player in CFB next year may well be a safety with outstanding people skills ;-) 

I'm already allocating 1.7% of my snack money monthly to purchase his jersey. 

We're home v Jacksonville week 4 & then @ Cleveland week 5 (Also @ Buffalo week 1)

We'll have a pretty good idea where our draft spot will land for 2018 early in the season with the outcomes of these 2 games. 

Both the Rams & the 49ers look to have tough schedules though. I think the Titans will have a pretty solid year.

The stage is set for a bright future if we were actually run well at the very top:

High draft picks in every round (including at the top of a QB-rich draft class), and a crappy record for the prior 2 seasons, should help clean house in the coaching staff and entire front office (not just Maccagnan, but also Davidson and anyone currently employed by the Jets who thinks either of these two are even ok at their jobs).

It won't happen, but if Woody would ever see fit to hiring a head of football operations, who would then hire a competent GM, who'd then hire a good HC, we could be in great shape. We'd be a young team with lots of cap room, guaranteed opportunity of drafting highly-touted young QB, and a bar set so low that even a bad incoming pair would easily show tangible improvement from 2017. 

It's a scenario that would actually be an attractive destination for competent professionals who'd otherwise scoff at the idea of coming to the Jets. 

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The stage is set for a bright future if we were actually run well at the very top:

High draft picks in every round (including at the top of a QB-rich draft class), and a crappy record for the prior 2 seasons, should help clean house in the coaching staff and entire front office (not just Maccagnan, but also Davidson and anyone currently employed by the Jets who thinks either of these two are even ok at their jobs).

It won't happen, but if Woody would ever see fit to hiring a head of football operations, who would then hire a competent GM, who'd then hire a good HC, we could be in great shape. We'd be a young team with lots of cap room, guaranteed opportunity of drafting highly-touted young QB, and a bar set so low that even a bad incoming pair would easily show tangible improvement from 2017. 

It's a scenario that would actually be an attractive destination for competent professionals who'd otherwise scoff at the idea of coming to the Jets. 

So, so easy.

8 hours ago, jamesr said:

Be careful ... someone started a thread about Fitz saying almost the same thing a couple of years back. ;-) 

lol I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Whats so sad I'm laughing to mask my tears is that Fitz was more successful than McCown as a QB and now we have McCown. 

giphy.gif

Archived