Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Villain The Foe

Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose...

66 posts in this topic

I just heard Bucky Brooks answer this. Thought it was a cool. 

 

4 questions, all answers must be different. 

 

Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose? 

for 1 play?

for 1 drive? 

for 1 game?

for the next 10 years? 

 

 

My answers. 

#1. For 1 play. Cam Newton. For 1 play I need to make sure that I have a guy who has a rocket arm, great accuracy, ability to run if the play breaks down and is big and strong enough to break tackles and get into the endzone if the play does in fact break down. 

#2. For 1 drive. Matthew Stafford. Stafford proved that he wasnt just the beneficiary of having Megatron. Amongst active starters Stafford is #8 with the most game winning drives in the NFL. The other 7 ahead of him are all over the age of the 30. Stafford has 28 career game winning drives, #1 amongst active QB's under 30. 

#3. For 1 game. Derek Carr. Because Derek Carr is a beast, that's why. You can put Carr up against any one in the league and there is a legit chance that he will win that game. There arent many young QB's in the game that you can say that about. 

#4. For the next 10 years. Russell Wilson. The guy is a gamer and a champion. If I was part of a Madden Fantasy Draft and I had my pickings of every QB in the league under 30, my 1st pick would be, without hesitation...Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a winner. That's what I would want as my #1 guy if im going to build a team around someone.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I just heard Bucky Brooks answer this. Thought it was a cool. 

 

4 questions, all answers must be different. 

 

Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose? 

for 1 play?

for 1 drive? 

for 1 game?

for the next 10 years? 

 

 

My answers. 

#1. For 1 play. Cam Newton. For 1 play I need to make sure that I have a guy who has a rocket arm, great accuracy, ability to run if the play breaks down and is big and strong enough to break tackles and get into the endzone if the play does in fact break down. 

#2. For 1 drive. Matthew Stafford. Stafford proved that he wasnt just the beneficiary of having Megatron. Amongst active starters Stafford is #8 with the most game winning drives in the NFL. The other 7 ahead of him are all over the age of the 30. Stafford has 28 career game winning drives, #1 amongst active QB's under 30. 

#3. For 1 game. Derek Carr. Because Derek Carr is a beast, that's why. You can put Carr up against any one in the league and there is a legit chance that he will win that game. There arent many young QB's in the game that you can say that about. 

#4. For the next 10 years. Russell Wilson. The guy is a gamer and a champion. If I was part of a Madden Fantasy Draft and I had my pickings of every QB in the league under 30, my 1st pick would be, without hesitation...Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a winner. That's what I would want as my #1 guy if im going to build a team around someone.

 

It's Ironic that the only game Russell Wilson was asked to win, he lost by his own hands .

I think I would choose Derek Carr for the total package because he's a known commodity

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It's Ironic that the only game Russell Wilson was asked to win, he lost by his own hands .

I think I would choose Derek Carr for the total package because he's a known commodity

The only game Russell Wilson was asked to win?

Obviously you forgot how the Seahawks got to that superbowl in the first place. 

Though to your point, this is why I picked Derek Carr as my "1 game" QB. 

 

For the next 10 years though, I cant call Carr a known Commodity. He needs to win playoff games first. Wilson is a champion, back to back SB appearances. He's a known commodity. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One man's opinion .  I like Wilson as a player, but I don't think he's this great QB everyone thinks he is .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

One man's opinion .  I like Wilson as a player, but I don't think he's this great QB everyone thinks he is .

Whats your opinion on the topic? You never answered the questions. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Russell Wilson and be cool with that. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 play .... Wilson or Luck

1 drive ... Wilson or Luck

1 game ... Wilson or Luck

10 years ... Wilson, Luck, Prescott, Darnold?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What could possibly be the reason to insist on different answers for one play, one drive, one game? Feelings?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcus "F'ing" Mariota, Cotton!  Go Ducks!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch Cam Newton every week as well as the Jets. The 2 seasons ago Cam was incredible and would be my pick. However injuries and pooor team play last year make cautious.

 So any of the top 2 or 3 we can get in the next draft is my pick...

TANK!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What could possibly be the reason to insist on different answers for one play, one drive, one game? Feelings?

 

Thought this was pretty cool. Tried to get something going during the offseason. Should have known better. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct answer: Wilson

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whats your opinion on the topic? You never answered the questions. 

Excellent conversation piece because like you I think most fans would have different candidates for each question . I like what Derek Carr offers, and I would go with him as my answer to all those questions . I was never a fan of Luck or Newton and you know what I think of Russell Wilson . I do like Stafford but only for the 1 game  question and I think Carr fills that role also . In 2 years, I would like to think that my answer to this would be Trubisky, but that's only because I'm just floored by his skill set .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Excellent conversation piece because like you I think most fans would have different candidates for each question .

You're certainly right about that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hackenberg 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck

Luck

Luck

Luck

If he gets an offensive line we will really see what he can do.  After Luck I would take Carr

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My estimation of Russell Wilson has gone up substantially the last year or two.  Having said that, Carr is my favorite young Qb right now.  Imo he's only just begun to show what he can accomplish.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one play- luck

one drive- wilson

one game- stafford

10 years- any of the above.  i would've answered at least one with matty ice but he's 32.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck

Carr 

Wilson

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which Quarterback would you choose if you wanted to get away with cheating??? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

for 1 play?

for 1 drive? 

for 1 game?

for the next 10 years?

1 play - Jameis Winston

1 drive - Cam Newton

1 game - Marcus Mariota

10 years - Andrew Luck

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 play - Geno Smith

1 drive - Geno Smith

1 game - Geno Smith

10 years - Geno Smith

Caveat, weapinzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Simms

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0