Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose...

Villain The Foe

I just heard Bucky Brooks answer this. Thought it was a cool. 

4 questions, all answers must be different. 

Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose? 

for 1 play?

for 1 drive? 

for 1 game?

for the next 10 years? 

My answers. 

#1. For 1 play. Cam Newton. For 1 play I need to make sure that I have a guy who has a rocket arm, great accuracy, ability to run if the play breaks down and is big and strong enough to break tackles and get into the endzone if the play does in fact break down. 

#2. For 1 drive. Matthew Stafford. Stafford proved that he wasnt just the beneficiary of having Megatron. Amongst active starters Stafford is #8 with the most game winning drives in the NFL. The other 7 ahead of him are all over the age of the 30. Stafford has 28 career game winning drives, #1 amongst active QB's under 30. 

#3. For 1 game. Derek Carr. Because Derek Carr is a beast, that's why. You can put Carr up against any one in the league and there is a legit chance that he will win that game. There arent many young QB's in the game that you can say that about. 

#4. For the next 10 years. Russell Wilson. The guy is a gamer and a champion. If I was part of a Madden Fantasy Draft and I had my pickings of every QB in the league under 30, my 1st pick would be, without hesitation...Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a winner. That's what I would want as my #1 guy if im going to build a team around someone.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I just heard Bucky Brooks answer this. Thought it was a cool. 

4 questions, all answers must be different. 

Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose? 

for 1 play?

for 1 drive? 

for 1 game?

for the next 10 years? 

My answers. 

#1. For 1 play. Cam Newton. For 1 play I need to make sure that I have a guy who has a rocket arm, great accuracy, ability to run if the play breaks down and is big and strong enough to break tackles and get into the endzone if the play does in fact break down. 

#2. For 1 drive. Matthew Stafford. Stafford proved that he wasnt just the beneficiary of having Megatron. Amongst active starters Stafford is #8 with the most game winning drives in the NFL. The other 7 ahead of him are all over the age of the 30. Stafford has 28 career game winning drives, #1 amongst active QB's under 30. 

#3. For 1 game. Derek Carr. Because Derek Carr is a beast, that's why. You can put Carr up against any one in the league and there is a legit chance that he will win that game. There arent many young QB's in the game that you can say that about. 

#4. For the next 10 years. Russell Wilson. The guy is a gamer and a champion. If I was part of a Madden Fantasy Draft and I had my pickings of every QB in the league under 30, my 1st pick would be, without hesitation...Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson is a winner. That's what I would want as my #1 guy if im going to build a team around someone.

It's Ironic that the only game Russell Wilson was asked to win, he lost by his own hands .

I think I would choose Derek Carr for the total package because he's a known commodity

16 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It's Ironic that the only game Russell Wilson was asked to win, he lost by his own hands .

I think I would choose Derek Carr for the total package because he's a known commodity

The only game Russell Wilson was asked to win?

Obviously you forgot how the Seahawks got to that superbowl in the first place. 

Though to your point, this is why I picked Derek Carr as my "1 game" QB. 

For the next 10 years though, I cant call Carr a known Commodity. He needs to win playoff games first. Wilson is a champion, back to back SB appearances. He's a known commodity. 

I watch Cam Newton every week as well as the Jets. The 2 seasons ago Cam was incredible and would be my pick. However injuries and pooor team play last year make cautious.

So any of the top 2 or 3 we can get in the next draft is my pick...

TANK!!!

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whats your opinion on the topic? You never answered the questions. 

Excellent conversation piece because like you I think most fans would have different candidates for each question . I like what Derek Carr offers, and I would go with him as my answer to all those questions . I was never a fan of Luck or Newton and you know what I think of Russell Wilson . I do like Stafford but only for the 1 game  question and I think Carr fills that role also . In 2 years, I would like to think that my answer to this would be Trubisky, but that's only because I'm just floored by his skill set .

5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

He put on a QB clinic against the Jets and Futz last season.

The craziest thing to me is how I hear many people say that they dont think Wilson is as great a QB as everyone else thinks he is. Though I hear constant criticism of Wilson. We always here about how he has a great defense and it's really the defense and not Wilson. 

Meanwhile a guy who seems to always get the "he's great" praise is Andrew Luck. I never understand that. 

Russell Wilson is the better quarterback of the two. 

Also, we all know what happened when Pete Carroll put the ball in Wilson's hands during that last play of the superbowl, but it wasnt like Wilson messed that play up. Malcom Butler made just a ridiculous play, and its clearly the best single play in superbowl history. The WR didnt want that ball the way Butler did. I cant put that at the hands of Wilson because of 20/20 hindsight. That was just a brilliant play by Butler and a piss poor effort by the WR in comparison to get that football. 

too bad none of those QB's will be available. When it comes to possible QB's under 30 Cousins is the only one  who might be available. 

If I was forced to make a choice on any pre 30 QB it would be Russel Wilson and it would not be close

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The craziest thing to me is how I hear many people say that they dont think Wilson is as great a QB as everyone else thinks he is. Though I hear constant criticism of Wilson. We always here about how he has a great defense and it's really the defense and not Wilson. 

Meanwhile a guy who seems to always get the "he's great" praise is Andrew Luck. I never understand that. 

Also, we all know what happened when Pete Carroll put the ball in Wilson's hands during that last play of the superbowl, but it wasnt like Wilson messed that play up. Malcom Butler made just a ridiculous play, and its clearly the best single play in superbowl history. The WR didnt want that ball the way Butler did. I cant put that at the hands of Wilson because of 20/20 hindsight. That was just a brilliant play by Butler and a piss poor effort by the WR in comparison to get that football. 

Wilson should have never been put in the position he was put in. That could very well be the dumbest play call in the history of sports and I'm pretty sure Wilson didn't call the play

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Without a doubt Wilson is the superior player. He never misses any games either and he absolutely was hurting last season due to the porous OL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Luck is a good QB. He is starting to miss games already and he is still looking to make the big throw too often

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm

it is not even close as far as their career goes. Wilson carves a team up like a surgeon. His intelligence is on par at the least with any other at the position under 30, maybe even over 30. 

Luck has the pedigree. Wilson has the wins AND the SB Ring. I don't know how this can even be an argument

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You should know, I don't think much of Luck either. I like QB who take nothing and make it into something at the college level .  That's why I liked Jay Cutler and Trubisky and Josh Freeman before he went to Tampa . Wilson would fall into that category, but like Prescott before him, he fell into a great situation and made the most of it. I will say this thou, his career is turning out better than I thought it would and so is his play .

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Without a doubt Wilson is the superior player. He never misses any games either and he absolutely was hurting last season due to the porous OL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WilsRu00.htm

Luck is a good QB. He is starting to miss games already and he is still looking to make the big throw too often

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm

it is not even close as far as their career goes. Wilson carves a team up like a surgeon. His intelligence is on par at the least with any other at the position under 30, maybe even over 30. 

Luck has the pedigree. Wilson has the wins AND the SB Ring. I don't know how this can even be an argument

Not to mention the TD's and INT's. 

People claim Luck to be so great because of the hype coming out of school and 1 great year where he threw 40 TD's and almost 5,000 yards. He does indeed have the pedigree but it gets to the point here potential and Oline excuses are just that. 

Lets keep it 100 here. It's not like Russell Wilson has a stellar Oline. It may not be as bad as the Colts (and that's just to give the benefit of the doubt) but it surely isnt too far off. And sure, Wilson had a run game for most of his years but again, thats because Skittles was breaking 15-20 tackles a game and had to retire for a year just to freaking heal himself. It wasnt because of the Oline. 

Im not at all saying that Luck is trash. I'd take Luck in a second, but to see how a guy in Wilson is always criticized though he's produced and won a championship on a rookie deal, yet Luck is always praised based on potential, being a locker room guy and his pedigree is kinda outrageous because if Luck's potential ended up producing what Wilson has already achieved we'd call that an absolute success, now wouldnt we? 

1 Play: Matt Stafford

1 Drive: Russell Wilson (this list could have Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Carson Wentz etc)

1 Game: Derek Carr

10 Years:  Andrew Luck....Derek Carr a close second

The only one, to me, that is relevant is the next 10 years.  IF I could have any QB in the league who is under 30, I would take Andrew Luck, say thank you very much, and be pretty happy about the Jets future for the next decade.

Archived