joewilly12

Josh McCown says he's planning to win the Jets QB job--and he will

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Dick semen eye can go F himself !!!

Damn that's funny. Might have to edit my post and steal it. 

Well what can you say? As long as Bowles is the HC McCown probably will start. If McCown does start with his career record I guess the suck for sam guys will get their wish. With the Jets luck they secure a high draft pick and Darnold stays in school rather than play for them! Can't ya just see it?

24 minutes ago, August said:

If McCown wins the job then it is what it is. It's an indictment on Petty and Hackenberg if they can't beat out McCown. 

No, that's not what it is.  The one thing McCown has that the other two qbs don't is EXPERIENCE .  And you don't get that riding the pine.

They have to see what they have in Petty and Hack.  Maybe they don't have the talent McCown has; maybe they do.  But we need to find out this year.

Going 6-10 or 8-8 with McCown does nothing for this team.

11 minutes ago, peebag said:

No, that's not what it is.  The one thing McCown has that the other two qbs don't is EXPERIENCE .  And you don't get that riding the pine.

They have to see what they have in Petty and Hack.  Maybe they don't have the talent McCown has; maybe they do.  But we need to find out this year.

If they have the talent then it should show in training camp and preseason. I want to see what we have in them but I don't want to hand them the job just because they're young. 

I am eager to see how Hackenberg does after coming in 4th place in a Quarterbacking competition that included Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty, in a Quarterbacking competition that includes Bryce Petty and Josh McCown!

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If Josh McCown is named the starter this organization it truly clueless.

Is there an option where Hackenberg and Petty are so bad that there's no reason to actually bother starting them?

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I am eager to see how Hackenberg does after coming in 4th place in a Quarterbacking competition that included Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty, in a Quarterbacking competition that includes Bryce Petty and Josh McCown!

Was there really a competition when Fitz was handed the job before even signing the contract.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If Josh McCown is named the starter this organization it truly clueless.

imagejpeg

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

He gives us the best chance to win :wub:

such a bowles move....playing to "salvage" a 6-10 season for some marginal improvement.  

Bowles press conference after the season  -  "well, we won one more game than last year.  that's improvement, 20% improvement.  it's not good enough but it's improvement.   As a team we need to get better, I need to get better, but we have this going in the right direction."   

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Was there really a competition when Fitz was handed the job before even signing the contract.

Hackenberg came in third in a QB competition that included Geno Smith and Bryce Petty.

Feel better?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Yes, it should.

There is no logical argument for starting McCown when it comes to this franchise and its future.

Question, what exactly did the rams learn about Jared Goff last season that was so important to rush him on to the field when he clearly wasn't ready . If the Jets feel Hackenberg is ready they should let him sit until he earns his playing time . If Petty isn't capable of outplaying McCown, then it's time to move on from Petty .                                                   

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, it should.

There is no logical argument for starting McCown when it comes to this franchise and its future.

Not only are there no logical reasons TO start him there are many many many MANY reasons NOT to start McCown this year. Sadly, I think Bowles is at least as stubborn and stupid as he appears

53 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well what can you say? As long as Bowles is the HC McCown probably will start. If McCown does start with his career record I guess the suck for sam guys will get their wish. With the Jets luck they secure a high draft pick and Darnold stays in school rather than play for them! Can't ya just see it?

There are at the very least 5 top tier QB's that will go in round one next draft. The NFL is desperate for quality QB's. We'll get one of the top 3. 🕺

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Hackenberg came in third in a QB competition that included Geno Smith and Bryce Petty.

Feel better?

Yes, keep telling yourself there was a competition if it makes you happy.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Nice to see peebag took his smart pills today. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Nice to see peebag took his smart pills today. 

See this is the type of quality posting that JetNation fans have come to expect from Mr.Willy.

BRA Vo

1st

2nd

And

1st...

The draft positions of McCown's teams the last 3 years.  

Let's just hope that doesn't change.  We're paying him good money for his draft positioning expertise.

Should have drafted Mahomes II... 

While I have no interest in defending anything about Bowles, I still cannot comprehend what kind of logic leads someone to believe that something done one time is a proof of a supposed trend.  He deserves no benefit-of-the-doubt after last year, but anyone going on about what he "always" does is fabricating this little story.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes, keep telling yourself there was a competition if it makes you happy.

Sure doesn't make me happy.  I don't like when the Jets do dumb things...

Either Petty or Hack are the real thing, or Tank. Anything else puts us back years.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Question, what exactly did the rams learn about Jared Goff last season that was so important to rush him on to the field when he clearly wasn't ready . If the Jets feel Hackenberg is ready they should let him sit until he earns his playing time . If Petty isn't capable of outplaying McCown, then it's time to move on from Petty .                                                   

Respectfully, I reject such soft-handed lack of accountability and expectation.

A draft pick from the 2nd round must be able to take an NFL snap and look vaguely professional by the start of his second season.  If he's not, what the hell are we doing?  

If he is still unable to even take a snap, the GM who selected him made a massive mistake investing so high for such a long-shot, long-term project player.  

And in the end, thats an argument for sitting Hack, NOT an argument for playing McCown.  Playing McCown is the least effective, useful thing this franchise can do.  Even if Hack is sh*t, playing him all season does more for our team than playing McCown one play does.  It at least tells us, definitively, that Hack is sh*t, and must be replaced asap.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

1st

2nd

And

1st...

The draft positions of McCown's teams the last 3 years.  

Let's just hope that doesn't change.  We're paying him good money for his draft positioning expertise.

damn! if we could get a top QB next year that woudl be great, but i would be happy wth 8 and 8 and we spend a crap load to get the QB we want

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Respectfully, I reject such soft-handed lack of accountability and expectation.

A draft pick from the 2nd round must be able to take an NFL snap and look vaguely professional by the start of his second season.  If he's not, what the hell are we doing?  

If he is still unable to even take a snap, the GM who selected him made a massive mistake investing so high for such a long-shot, long-term project player.  

And in the end, thats an argument for sitting Hack, NOT an argument for playing McCown.  Playing McCown is the least effective, useful thing this franchise can do.  Even if Hack is sh*t, playing him all season does more for our team than playing McCown one play does.  It at least tells us, definitively, that Hack is sh*t, and must be replaced asap.

Why can't the coaching staff not playing Hack because they deem him not ready definitively tell you that . The folks who need to see if Hack needs to play are they people who see him on a daily basis, not those who visit camp on select day and think they no better . If you can tell after weeks of playing that Hack is worthless, why can't you believe that those who see him those days and on a daily basis in practice can't .

IMO, this seems to be all about what you want instead of what's best for the Jets . Hack will be entering his 2nd year but his 1st year in this new scheme and he might need time to acclimate himself to this scheme . Petty had a year to learn Gailey's system and started games in his 2nd year that proved him less than desirable . McCown has played or been in various schemes and can be a bridge until  a suitable replacement presents itself .

Like I said, the ball is in Hacks court, because IMO and quite obviously yours, this season has to be all about Hack .

5 hours ago, peebag said:

The one thing McCown knows that the others don't is how to fit lots of sh!t in a Samsonite