Buccaneers agree to deal with free-agent Ryan Fitzpatrick

joewilly12

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

ENOUGH SAID Fitzpatrick SUCKS.........he almost had 12 INT's in this game!!!!!!

Lol, I remember writing the "Bad Magic" article for that one, that section alone actually took me like 3 hours because there was just too many plays where he looked horrible.  He legitimately could have had 10 interceptions in that game, not even super human plays but defenders having the ball come right to them.   I don't think I've seen QBs look worse, even in college football games where some top tier team is facing a non-FBS program as a filler.  

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

ENOUGH SAID Fitzpatrick SUCKS.........he almost had 12 INT's in this game!!!!!!

It is the worst QBing I have ever seen. The level of inaccuracy and lack of arm strength here is staggering. He threw 11 or 12 interceptable balls in a game. Good QBs probably throw that many in an entire season. Eli had that famous 0 rating game but this is far worse. How Bowles could watch this tape and continue to start him is mind numbing.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It is the worst QBing I have ever seen. The level of inaccuracy and lack of arm strength here is staggering. He threw 11 or 12 interceptable balls in a game. Good QBs probably throw that many in an entire season. Eli had that famous 0 rating game but this is far worse. How Bowles could watch this tape and continue to start him is mind numbing.

Idk, im no Fitz fan but Josh Freeman against the Giants still holds that prestigious honor in my book.

40 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He made 3.5 in 2015 his best season. So you can figure that into the equation too. He got the 12 mil based on 2015. It's low starting Qb money and only one year. 

The point is, he would've been better off in the long run by taking Mac's original offer last Spring.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why can't folks understand that the Jets front office didn't want Fitzpatrick back, but couldn't flat out get rid of him after the season he had but was hoping he would price himself off the team . The guy was a starting QB coming off a record setting season and settled for backup money forcing the Jets to sign him because they didn't have the clout to not sign him and endure a losing season .   

Jesus....I'm glad someone else FINALLY understand this besides me. 

49 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Enough with the nonsensical "military" argument. If military people CHOOSE to be offended by someone sitting or kneeling in the national anthem they need to seriously get over themselves. The flag represents the US, not the military, and America stands for freedom of speech. Truth is that the troops are over-honored at this point. All you see is military appreciation and " thanks for the service" and "support the troops" which is all fine and good, but we never seem to honor the people that serve this country just as much in police officers, fireman, doctors, nurses and teachers. When was the last time teachers were honored at a football game?

Not only has the PC correctness of "honoring" the troops got completely blown out of proportion, a good part of the military thinks that they have some constitutional right to be honored at every step.

It's really old.

clearly stated by someone who has never served and doesnt understand just how much the military impacts their everyday life. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why can't folks understand that the Jets front office didn't want Fitzpatrick back, but couldn't flat out get rid of him after the season he had but was hoping he would price himself off the team . The guy was a starting QB coming off a record setting season and settled for backup money forcing the Jets to sign him because they didn't have the clout to not sign him and endure a losing season .   

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Jesus....I'm glad someone else FINALLY understand this besides me. 

What the **** kind of delusional sh*t is this?  

1.  I guess the Jets front office does not include the head coach who announced Fitzpatrick as starter when he was a free agent.

2.  Since when is $12M back-up money?  He did price himself off the team and they ******* paid him anyway! The guy is a $3-4M per QB.  He has proven it again and again, contract after contract.  These ******* morons paid him for 4 years worth because they HAD to have him because... RECORDS!  

******* insanity.

6 hours ago, KRL said:

One of my most "unlikable" Jets.  Someone who was a product of the OC and two big time WR's deludes

himself into thinking he's "all that" and takes a victory lap after crapping the bed at the end of 2015.

Good riddance

Only the best season of quarterback play since Joe Namath, but who's counting facts. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, KRL said:

Worst move Maccagnan/Bowles made was allowing Fitzpatrick to hijack the whole off-season.  They 

should've set a hard date for him to sign and if he refused move on to Geno

Ha ha ha ha. 

31 TD's, yeah, didn't happen.  Because you say so.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** kind of delusional sh*t is this?  

1.  I guess the Jets front office does not include the head coach who announced Fitzpatrick as starter when he was a free agent.

2.  Since when is $12M back-up money?  He did price himself off the team and they ******* paid him anyway! The guy is a $3-4M per QB.  He has proven it again and again, contract after contract.  These ******* morons paid him for 4 years worth because they HAD to have him because... RECORDS!  

******* insanity.

nobody said it was smart, it's just real

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

So for 2016-2017 he's basically taking $7.5M per year 

59 minutes ago, jetrider said:

The point is, he would've been better off in the long run by taking Mac's original offer last Spring.

I think the Jets contract was more complicated than that.  I believe it was $24mm, with $16mm guaranteed (8/4/4) and playing time incentives.

So theoretically he ends up with more in 2016-17 than the Jets would have guaranteed him, given how he played last year and the goal to play Hack and Petty more.

Based on 2015 Macc had a good plan for Fitz and reflected the common understanding that Fitz would return to the mean.   It was a fair deal for Fitz too.  Fitz held the Jets up, someone at the Jets caved, and both sides ended up with a bad deal.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Enough with the nonsensical "military" argument. If military people CHOOSE to be offended by someone sitting or kneeling in the national anthem they need to seriously get over themselves. The flag represents the US, not the military, and America stands for freedom of speech. Truth is that the troops are over-honored at this point. All you see is military appreciation and " thanks for the service" and "support the troops" which is all fine and good, but we never seem to honor the people that serve this country just as much in police officers, fireman, doctors, nurses and teachers. When was the last time teachers were honored at a football game?

Not only has the PC correctness of "honoring" the troops got completely blown out of proportion, a good part of the military thinks that they have some constitutional right to be honored at every step.

It's really old.

Most civilians on the boards say things about "dishonoring the military". A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American. Many veterans have stood up for his rights, even veterans that don't agree with his performance.

Kaepernick himself has stated on video that his performance is aimed at the injustices that America has towards many other Americans. He clearly stated it is not against the military.  It is the everyday American that continues to rant that his stance is against the military. It does not have any factual content at all.

i agree with you that the flag stands for the nation, our country, America.

i disagree with you that the troops are "over-honored". If you had to ever spend even one night in a hostile country, I am quite sure that you would have a different thought about that. The USA is the world's leading super power because of Men and Women, like myself who wrote a check to the government to give up to our life to get the nation to be the world's leading superpower.

You sleep well at night because of that alone. Since you see too much honoring of our troops, would you prefer that we get dis honored like when I was spit at and called a baby killer? That  plays pretty well doesn't it? The truth is there is not enough done for those who serve this nation, ready to fight in foreign lands. Fight and die for Americans like you. Whether you appreciate that or not.

Those other professions you mentioned are excellent professions too. Yet they are never asked to go into foreign lands and put their life on the line. They get to go home at night.

i just wonder how you would feel if you had to stand 'fire watch' (guard) just one night in a hostile nation where an enemy can pierce your skin with a long range projectile. Or use a mortar, missile or rocket attack to do the same? 

There is no doubt that we should be honored. Men and Women like me have made this nation strong. 

I do not know of many troops who think that we have a constitutional right to be honored. I am not sure where you were able to obtain that data.

I would like for you to visit the local VA Medical Center. Go visit the Men and Women who have lost limbs, lost their minds. Had their skin seered off and  tell them that they are honored too much. 

At the start of the Iraq War I was in the ATL and saw a woman with her hand melted off. At the VAMC in NY, I saw a Marine with both legs blown off. I looked at that Marine and his look back to me told me that he was ok with his existence. 

How can you be ok with yours?

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Most civilians on the boards say things about "dishonoring the military". A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American. Many veterans have stood up for his rights, even veterans that don't agree with his performance.

Kaepernick himself has stated on video that his performance is aimed at the injustices that America has towards many other Americans. He clearly stated it is not against the military.  It is the everyday American that continues to rant that his stance is against the military. It does not have any factual content at all.

i disagree with you that the troops are "over-honored". If you had to ever spend even one night in a hostile country, I am quite sure that you would have a different thought about that. The USA is the world's leading super power because of Men and Women, like myself who wrote a check to the government to give up to our life to get the nation to be the world's leading superpower.

You sleep well at night because of that alone. Since you see too much honoring of our troops, would you prefer that we get dis honored like when I was spit at and called a baby killer? That  plays pretty well doesn't it? The truth is there is not enough done for those who serve this nation, ready to fight in foreign lands. Fight and die for Americans like you. Whether you appreciate that or not.

Those other professions you mentioned are excellent professions too. Yet they are never asked to go into foreign lands and put their life on the line. They get to go home at night.

i just wonder how you would feel if you had to stand 'fire watch' (guard) just one night in a hostile nation where an enemy can pierce your skin with a long range projectile. Or use a mortar, missile or rocket attack to do the same? 

There is no doubt that we should be honored. Men and Women like me have made this nation strong. 

I do not know of many troops who think that we have a constitutional right to be honored. I am not sure where you were able to obtain that data.

I would like for you to visit the local VA Medical Center. Go visit the Men and Women who have lost limbs, lost their minds. Had their skin seered off and  tell them that they are honored too much. 

At the start of the Iraq War I was in the ATL and saw a woman with her hand melted off. At the VAMC in NY, I saw a Marine with both legs blown off. I looked at that Marine and his look back to me told me that he was ok with his existence. 

his perceived injustices, in other words excuses every time something doesn't go the way he wants it to.

He had a right to protest, teams have a right not to sign him.  if his talent was worth it teams would sign him and deal with it but who wants to deal w/ the nonsense for a guy who isn't good?

not to mention he is a phony, once he was set to become a FA he leaked it out there that he would now stand for the Nat'l anthem then started publicizing his charity.  It was pure PR BS that foolish people fell for.  This is a guy who didn't vote, who celebrated Castro and Che Guevera and disrespected those that were victims of 9/11. 

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Only the best season of quarterback play since Joe Namath, but who's counting facts. 

SAR I

that is 100% incorrect, the best single season for a QB in Jets history was Vinny 1998 then Chad 2002.  Fitz 2015 had nice #s but he was carried by great WRs, he wasn't even as good as Sanchez 2010 who actually made plays in big spots to win games including playoff games.

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Worst move Maccagnan/Bowles made was allowing Fitzpatrick to hijack the whole off-season.  They 

should've set a hard date for him to sign and if he refused move on to Geno

True KRL, but it didn't help that Bowles anointed Fitz the starter BEFORE he was signed.  I imagine Woody had a hand in this, believing Fitz was better than he was and wanted him back to try and sell playoff tickets..

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I am not here to get in a political debate. I said what I meant and your post backs up the sentiment I see often that you feel that you are entitled to be honored, and are somehow more valuable than anyone that hasn't.. Fine, You can believe that, but my statements are not anti-military I do believe that service men and women deserve respect, admiration and special treatment in many cases for what they are put through by the leaders of the nations of the world, But your service to society is no greater nor more admirable than other people that put themselves in the service of others. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

True KRL, but it didn't help that Bowles anointed Fitz the starter BEFORE he was signed.  I imagine Woody had a hand in this, believing Fitz was better than he was and wanted him back to try and sell playoff tickets..

Here's the problem I have with the entire thing. Any half decent coach, GM or armchair analyst could look at tape of Fitz from his "great" year and realize that it was completely smoke and mirrors and quite a bit of luck. He was horrible, and for Bowles to even want him back is mind boggling.

31 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American.

No, mate, you really don't.

What you refuse to accept, for IMO obvious reasons of bias, is that everyone understands Kap's right to express his socio-political viewpoint.

No one denies him that right.  No one.

What people object to are:

1. The venue.  The workplace, for 99.99% of Americans, is NOT the place to express socio-political protest and opinion.  Most of us get fired for doing it.  And damn few of us want a side dose of controversial race-based politics in our sports entertainment.  Most just want football and the escape entertainment brings us from our daily lives.

2. The target.  The Country (personified in the Flag and anthem) did not kill black people in the situations being protested, rightfully or wrongfully.  Individual Cops in specific individual circumstances did.  Targeting the Nation as a whole is a form of blaming everyone for something they had no part in.  Protest the Cops, or police agencies if you must.  Do not protest all of us, that's a form of stereotyping.

3. The content.  Plenty of people think his argument, and that of BLM and their ilk, are in part of in whole full of sh*t.  That the circumstances of the issues are not as clear cut or one sided as portrayed.  This is a disagreement of content, a lack of support based on the argument itself.  

Be assured, OTHER Americans have every right to hold these objections and to express those objections, the same way Kap has a right to express his opinions.  In BOTH cases, expression of those opinions, like any opinions, may come with repercussions from society at large.  A Nazi ****stick is, rightfully, excluded and ostracized from society for expressing their opinions.  Kap, in a similar vein, is not immune to societal repercussions for what he says, does and believes.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, mate, you really don't.

What you refuse to accept, for IMO obvious reasons of bias, is that everyone understands Kap's right to express his socio-political viewpoint.

No one denies him that right.  No one.

What people object to are:

1. The venue.  The workplace, for 99.99% of Americans, is NOT the place to express socio-political protest and opinion.  Most of us get fired for doing it.  And damn few of us want a side dose of controversial race-based politics in our sports entertainment.  Most just want football and the escape entertainment brings us from our daily lives.

2. The target.  The Country (personified in the Flag and anthem) did not kill black people in the situations being protested, rightfully or wrongfully.  Individual Cops in specific individual circumstances did.  Targeting the Nation as a whole is a form of blaming everyone for something they had no part in.  Protest the Cops, or police agencies if you must.  Do not protest all of us, that's a form of stereotyping.

3. The content.  Plenty of people think his argument, and that of BLM and their ilk, are in part of in whole full of sh*t.  That the circumstances of the issues are not as clear cut or one sided as portrayed.  This is a disagreement of content, a lack of support based on the argument itself.  

Be assured, OTHER Americans have every right to hold these objections and to express those objections, the same way Kap has a right to express his opinions.  In BOTH cases, expression of those opinions, like any opinions, may come with repercussions from society at large.  A Nazi ****stick is, rightfully, excluded and ostracized from society for expressing their opinions.  Kap, in a similar vein, is not immune to societal repercussions for what he says, does and believes.

A lot of what you have here is stereotyped. 

I have dealt with people all over the nation and outside the nation too about this. Even on this board it has been stated he is against the military. Clearly some more education is required.

Certain people said not to resign Fitzpatrick but that was the unpopular opinion because he had a good year the season prior. The right (albeit unpopular) decision was to move on from Fitzpatrick and sign a another QB (Hoyer for example) and let him Geno and Petty compete for the job. But this organization allowed fan and media pressure to sway them into keeping Fitzpatrick. But the silver lining is at least his supporters have no excuses, because had we not signed him and we went 5-11, we'd be hearing about how we are losing because we didn't have Fitzpatrick. 

19 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I have dealt with people all over the nation and outside the nation too about this. Even on this board it has been stated he is against the military. Clearly some more education is required.

I don't think Kap is against the military.  He may have even knealt once unawares.  But he was told that kneeling during the anthem offended the military, and he can kept doing it.

My original point was not to say that he should be punished for dishonoring the military.  We have great freedoms in this country, and he can do almost what he wants.

But if you want people to pay you to entertain people, and you offend those people, the people paying may not want to pay you.  That is just life. 

Hopefully Kap can find a way to play in the NFL and prove to people what he has left.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

his perceived injustices, in other words excuses every time something doesn't go the way he wants it to.

He had a right to protest, teams have a right not to sign him.  if his talent was worth it teams would sign him and deal with it but who wants to deal w/ the nonsense for a guy who isn't good?

not to mention he is a phony, once he was set to become a FA he leaked it out there that he would now stand for the Nat'l anthem then started publicizing his charity.  It was pure PR BS that foolish people fell for.  This is a guy who didn't vote, who celebrated Castro and Che Guevera and disrespected those that were victims of 9/11. 

People seem to forget how this sourpuss smellfungus wore an ear-to-ear grin 24/7 when he stole the job from Alex Smith. But when he found himself competing with Blaine slapdick Gabbert for the starting role, his star glow took a serious blow. That's what the protest was all about - to grab attention, manipulate Kelly, and piss on Gabbert's parade. Colin the oppressed black man. The donation website was window dressing, an afterthought to make him look sincere and at the same time bigger and more important than a QB. 

And now the spotlight-needy fraud is months behind on his pledge and needs to make good on the foundation (named after himself) he orchestrated primarily as a PR stunt for Colin. And as mentioned, the drama queen diva is now willing to stand and respect the American flag because (coincidence?) he needs a paycheck.

Tebow and Michael Sam had baggage that wasn't fake. Chris Kluwe was less pretentious than Colin.

Kaepernick is nothing more than a self-serving parasite that couldn't be a team player unless he's center stage. 

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Thank you..

Here is how I feel about my Country......

Please Listen everyone...... :) 

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

This was the key ? 

Fitz was a great signing initially, he was brought in as a backup got an opportunity and did a good job, not great but good.  

At that point the Jets brain trust had to do what you said and fairly evaluate what Fitz was worth based on his entire career and not just on one outliner year.  And if Geno essentially sucked so bad that he couldn't see the field absent nuclear war then he should have been shown the door as well.

Imo just a bad series of mistakes from the FO to the HC last year. 

fine but then was fitz the reason why marshall caught 50% of the passes thrown his way?  how about decker's injury/ how about geno's injury? clady?  and so on.  did fitz cause revis to mail it in?  my point is last season was a team problem not any one player. fitz wasn't a good qb but what happened was way beyond his control.

and marshall's missed catches?  they weren't all overthrows or in the dirt.  tons of those passes were right in his hands and he dropped them.  so much for being an all world player.

it's time to move on.  those guys aren't on the team and won't be missed.

5 hours ago, jetrider said:

He didn't want it because he thought he would have a good year. Things didn't work out for him and the team.

Archived