joewilly12

Buccaneers agree to deal with free-agent Ryan Fitzpatrick

34 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Huge win for him. He is on a team that can compete now and he can lead that team effective immediately. I am looking forward to see what he can do as the starter in Tampa

Nothing is what he can do the same thing he has done his entire career. 

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick sucks pics

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Report: Ryan Fitzpatrick finds the Jets’ $8-million-per-year contract offer so insulting that he would rather sit out than take it

scott-davis.jpg

The New York Jets' stalemate with Ryan Fitzpatrick may be getting worse instead of better as we go further into the NFL offseason.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Jets are offering their free agent quarterback a deal worth about $7-$8 million per year. Fitzpatrick is looking for about double that amount.

Schefter reports that he's been told that Fitzpatrick finds the offer so insulting that he would rather sit out the season than take it.

It's a complicated issue, and it's easy to see both sides. Fitzpatrick just had arguably the best season of his career with the Jets, throwing for over 3,900 yards with 31 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. The Jets went 10-6, and Fitzpatrick showed good chemistry with their receivers Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, both of whom have openly campaigned to re-sign Fitzpatrick.

On the other hand, Fitzpatrick may be over-playing his hand. He'll turn 34 next season, has never brought a team to the playoffs, and he melted on the Jets' biggest stage last season, throwing three fourth-quarter interceptions in their final game, costing them a postseason spot. His best season still only slots him as perhaps a slightly above-average quarterback.

A look at NFL quarterbacks' salaries shows Fitzpatrick might have a bone to pick, however. If he were to make an average of $8 million per season, he would be the 23rd-highest-paid quarterback, behind some suspect names like Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, and Brock Osweiler. Even quarterbacks like Chase Daniel and Robert Griffin III are making over $7 million per year on average (not fully guaranteed).

If the Jets and Fitzpatrick want a reunion, it's clear both sides are going to have to meet somewhere in the middle. However, based on Schefter's report, that may not happen for awhile.

So for 2016-2017 he's basically taking $7.5M per year 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

$3 million

So since Buffalo took a shot on a younger Fitz all those years ago, and ultimately cut him, the contracts he's signed have been:

2013: Tennessee - 1 yr $3.25m

2014: Houston - 2 yrs at $3.625m

2016: Jets - 1 yr $12m

2017: Bucs - 1 yr $3m

image.gif

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

He made 3.5 in 2015 his best season. So you can figure that into the equation too. He got the 12 mil based on 2015. It's low starting Qb money and only one year. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

That is even more frustrating, because Geno could be worth more.

Macc has shown the ability to scout some good value players on a standalone.  Figuring out what to pay people and building a team has been more of a struggle.  But he is new at the GM thing, so hopefully they get it all figured out. 

And yes, the Kap crowd will go bonkers over this.  What they do not understand is that the NFL is in the entertainment business.  "Football is Family." as they say.  A good portion of NFL fans have family in the military.  If you are in the entertainment business, if you insult and offend your fans, you have no business. 

Its business.  Its not supposed to be fair.

Enough with the nonsensical "military" argument. If military people CHOOSE to be offended by someone sitting or kneeling in the national anthem they need to seriously get over themselves. The flag represents the US, not the military, and America stands for freedom of speech. Truth is that the troops are over-honored at this point. All you see is military appreciation and " thanks for the service" and "support the troops" which is all fine and good, but we never seem to honor the people that serve this country just as much in police officers, fireman, doctors, nurses and teachers. When was the last time teachers were honored at a football game?

Not only has the PC correctness of "honoring" the troops got completely blown out of proportion, a good part of the military thinks that they have some constitutional right to be honored at every step.

It's really old.

14 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

image.gif

Exactly!!!!

Hillarious, those folks that were arguing pay Fitz what he wanted can see over the last say 6 seasons that only the New York's Jets were willing to play the Court Jester for Fitz and his foolishness.  

So we should all be laughing like this!!!

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

ENOUGH SAID Fitzpatrick SUCKS.........he almost had 12 INT's in this game!!!!!!

Lol, I remember writing the "Bad Magic" article for that one, that section alone actually took me like 3 hours because there was just too many plays where he looked horrible.  He legitimately could have had 10 interceptions in that game, not even super human plays but defenders having the ball come right to them.   I don't think I've seen QBs look worse, even in college football games where some top tier team is facing a non-FBS program as a filler.  

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

ENOUGH SAID Fitzpatrick SUCKS.........he almost had 12 INT's in this game!!!!!!

It is the worst QBing I have ever seen. The level of inaccuracy and lack of arm strength here is staggering. He threw 11 or 12 interceptable balls in a game. Good QBs probably throw that many in an entire season. Eli had that famous 0 rating game but this is far worse. How Bowles could watch this tape and continue to start him is mind numbing.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It is the worst QBing I have ever seen. The level of inaccuracy and lack of arm strength here is staggering. He threw 11 or 12 interceptable balls in a game. Good QBs probably throw that many in an entire season. Eli had that famous 0 rating game but this is far worse. How Bowles could watch this tape and continue to start him is mind numbing.

Idk, im no Fitz fan but Josh Freeman against the Giants still holds that prestigious honor in my book.

40 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He made 3.5 in 2015 his best season. So you can figure that into the equation too. He got the 12 mil based on 2015. It's low starting Qb money and only one year. 

The point is, he would've been better off in the long run by taking Mac's original offer last Spring.

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Youre nuts. With mitchell doing well, glennon might be ours next year

God NO!!! Glennon never was ans never will be a "starting caliber" qb in this league. Sorry

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why can't folks understand that the Jets front office didn't want Fitzpatrick back, but couldn't flat out get rid of him after the season he had but was hoping he would price himself off the team . The guy was a starting QB coming off a record setting season and settled for backup money forcing the Jets to sign him because they didn't have the clout to not sign him and endure a losing season .   

Jesus....I'm glad someone else FINALLY understand this besides me. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why can't folks understand that the Jets front office didn't want Fitzpatrick back, but couldn't flat out get rid of him after the season he had but was hoping he would price himself off the team . The guy was a starting QB coming off a record setting season and settled for backup money forcing the Jets to sign him because they didn't have the clout to not sign him and endure a losing season .   

10 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Jesus....I'm glad someone else FINALLY understand this besides me. 

What the **** kind of delusional sh*t is this?  

1.  I guess the Jets front office does not include the head coach who announced Fitzpatrick as starter when he was a free agent.

2.  Since when is $12M back-up money?  He did price himself off the team and they ******* paid him anyway! The guy is a $3-4M per QB.  He has proven it again and again, contract after contract.  These ******* morons paid him for 4 years worth because they HAD to have him because... RECORDS!  

******* insanity.

6 hours ago, KRL said:

One of my most "unlikable" Jets.  Someone who was a product of the OC and two big time WR's deludes

himself into thinking he's "all that" and takes a victory lap after crapping the bed at the end of 2015.

Good riddance

Only the best season of quarterback play since Joe Namath, but who's counting facts. 

SAR I

6 hours ago, KRL said:

Worst move Maccagnan/Bowles made was allowing Fitzpatrick to hijack the whole off-season.  They 

should've set a hard date for him to sign and if he refused move on to Geno

Ha ha ha ha. 

31 TD's, yeah, didn't happen.  Because you say so.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** kind of delusional sh*t is this?  

1.  I guess the Jets front office does not include the head coach who announced Fitzpatrick as starter when he was a free agent.

2.  Since when is $12M back-up money?  He did price himself off the team and they ******* paid him anyway! The guy is a $3-4M per QB.  He has proven it again and again, contract after contract.  These ******* morons paid him for 4 years worth because they HAD to have him because... RECORDS!  

******* insanity.

nobody said it was smart, it's just real

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

59 minutes ago, jetrider said:

The point is, he would've been better off in the long run by taking Mac's original offer last Spring.

I think the Jets contract was more complicated than that.  I believe it was $24mm, with $16mm guaranteed (8/4/4) and playing time incentives.

So theoretically he ends up with more in 2016-17 than the Jets would have guaranteed him, given how he played last year and the goal to play Hack and Petty more.

Based on 2015 Macc had a good plan for Fitz and reflected the common understanding that Fitz would return to the mean.   It was a fair deal for Fitz too.  Fitz held the Jets up, someone at the Jets caved, and both sides ended up with a bad deal.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Enough with the nonsensical "military" argument. If military people CHOOSE to be offended by someone sitting or kneeling in the national anthem they need to seriously get over themselves. The flag represents the US, not the military, and America stands for freedom of speech. Truth is that the troops are over-honored at this point. All you see is military appreciation and " thanks for the service" and "support the troops" which is all fine and good, but we never seem to honor the people that serve this country just as much in police officers, fireman, doctors, nurses and teachers. When was the last time teachers were honored at a football game?

Not only has the PC correctness of "honoring" the troops got completely blown out of proportion, a good part of the military thinks that they have some constitutional right to be honored at every step.

It's really old.

Most civilians on the boards say things about "dishonoring the military". A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American. Many veterans have stood up for his rights, even veterans that don't agree with his performance.

Kaepernick himself has stated on video that his performance is aimed at the injustices that America has towards many other Americans. He clearly stated it is not against the military.  It is the everyday American that continues to rant that his stance is against the military. It does not have any factual content at all.

i agree with you that the flag stands for the nation, our country, America.

i disagree with you that the troops are "over-honored". If you had to ever spend even one night in a hostile country, I am quite sure that you would have a different thought about that. The USA is the world's leading super power because of Men and Women, like myself who wrote a check to the government to give up to our life to get the nation to be the world's leading superpower.

You sleep well at night because of that alone. Since you see too much honoring of our troops, would you prefer that we get dis honored like when I was spit at and called a baby killer? That  plays pretty well doesn't it? The truth is there is not enough done for those who serve this nation, ready to fight in foreign lands. Fight and die for Americans like you. Whether you appreciate that or not.

Those other professions you mentioned are excellent professions too. Yet they are never asked to go into foreign lands and put their life on the line. They get to go home at night.

i just wonder how you would feel if you had to stand 'fire watch' (guard) just one night in a hostile nation where an enemy can pierce your skin with a long range projectile. Or use a mortar, missile or rocket attack to do the same? 

There is no doubt that we should be honored. Men and Women like me have made this nation strong. 

I do not know of many troops who think that we have a constitutional right to be honored. I am not sure where you were able to obtain that data.

I would like for you to visit the local VA Medical Center. Go visit the Men and Women who have lost limbs, lost their minds. Had their skin seered off and  tell them that they are honored too much. 

At the start of the Iraq War I was in the ATL and saw a woman with her hand melted off. At the VAMC in NY, I saw a Marine with both legs blown off. I looked at that Marine and his look back to me told me that he was ok with his existence. 

How can you be ok with yours?