joewilly12

Buccaneers agree to deal with free-agent Ryan Fitzpatrick

3 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Most civilians on the boards say things about "dishonoring the military". A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American. Many veterans have stood up for his rights, even veterans that don't agree with his performance.

Kaepernick himself has stated on video that his performance is aimed at the injustices that America has towards many other Americans. He clearly stated it is not against the military.  It is the everyday American that continues to rant that his stance is against the military. It does not have any factual content at all.

i agree with you that the flag stands for the nation, our country, America.

i disagree with you that the troops are "over-honored". If you had to ever spend even one night in a hostile country, I am quite sure that you would have a different thought about that. The USA is the world's leading super power because of Men and Women, like myself who wrote a check to the government to give up to our life to get the nation to be the world's leading superpower.

You sleep well at night because of that alone. Since you see too much honoring of our troops, would you prefer that we get dis honored like when I was spit at and called a baby killer? That  plays pretty well doesn't it? The truth is there is not enough done for those who serve this nation, ready to fight in foreign lands. Fight and die for Americans like you. Whether you appreciate that or not.

Those other professions you mentioned are excellent professions too. Yet they are never asked to go into foreign lands and put their life on the line. They get to go home at night.

i just wonder how you would feel if you had to stand 'fire watch' (guard) just one night in a hostile nation where an enemy can pierce your skin with a long range projectile. Or use a mortar, missile or rocket attack to do the same? 

There is no doubt that we should be honored. Men and Women like me have made this nation strong. 

I do not know of many troops who think that we have a constitutional right to be honored. I am not sure where you were able to obtain that data.

I would like for you to visit the local VA Medical Center. Go visit the Men and Women who have lost limbs, lost their minds. Had their skin seered off and  tell them that they are honored too much. 

At the start of the Iraq War I was in the ATL and saw a woman with her hand melted off. At the VAMC in NY, I saw a Marine with both legs blown off. I looked at that Marine and his look back to me told me that he was ok with his existence. 

How can you be ok with yours?

his perceived injustices, in other words excuses every time something doesn't go the way he wants it to.

He had a right to protest, teams have a right not to sign him.  if his talent was worth it teams would sign him and deal with it but who wants to deal w/ the nonsense for a guy who isn't good?

not to mention he is a phony, once he was set to become a FA he leaked it out there that he would now stand for the Nat'l anthem then started publicizing his charity.  It was pure PR BS that foolish people fell for.  This is a guy who didn't vote, who celebrated Castro and Che Guevera and disrespected those that were victims of 9/11. 

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Only the best season of quarterback play since Joe Namath, but who's counting facts. 

SAR I

that is 100% incorrect, the best single season for a QB in Jets history was Vinny 1998 then Chad 2002.  Fitz 2015 had nice #s but he was carried by great WRs, he wasn't even as good as Sanchez 2010 who actually made plays in big spots to win games including playoff games.

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Worst move Maccagnan/Bowles made was allowing Fitzpatrick to hijack the whole off-season.  They 

should've set a hard date for him to sign and if he refused move on to Geno

True KRL, but it didn't help that Bowles anointed Fitz the starter BEFORE he was signed.  I imagine Woody had a hand in this, believing Fitz was better than he was and wanted him back to try and sell playoff tickets..

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Most civilians on the boards say things about "dishonoring the military". A great deal of "military" folks have had to educate Americans about the rights that Mr. Kaepernick has as an American. Many veterans have stood up for his rights, even veterans that don't agree with his performance.

Kaepernick himself has stated on video that his performance is aimed at the injustices that America has towards many other Americans. He clearly stated it is not against the military.  It is the everyday American that continues to rant that his stance is against the military. It does not have any factual content at all.

i agree with you that the flag stands for the nation, our country, America.

i disagree with you that the troops are "over-honored". If you had to ever spend even one night in a hostile country, I am quite sure that you would have a different thought about that. The USA is the world's leading super power because of Men and Women, like myself who wrote a check to the government to give up to our life to get the nation to be the world's leading superpower.

You sleep well at night because of that alone. Since you see too much honoring of our troops, would you prefer that we get dis honored like when I was spit at and called a baby killer? That  plays pretty well doesn't it? The truth is there is not enough done for those who serve this nation, ready to fight in foreign lands. Fight and die for Americans like you. Whether you appreciate that or not.

Those other professions you mentioned are excellent professions too. Yet they are never asked to go into foreign lands and put their life on the line. They get to go home at night.

i just wonder how you would feel if you had to stand 'fire watch' (guard) just one night in a hostile nation where an enemy can pierce your skin with a long range projectile. Or use a mortar, missile or rocket attack to do the same? 

There is no doubt that we should be honored. Men and Women like me have made this nation strong. 

I do not know of many troops who think that we have a constitutional right to be honored. I am not sure where you were able to obtain that data.

I would like for you to visit the local VA Medical Center. Go visit the Men and Women who have lost limbs, lost their minds. Had their skin seered off and  tell them that they are honored too much. 

At the start of the Iraq War I was in the ATL and saw a woman with her hand melted off. At the VAMC in NY, I saw a Marine with both legs blown off. I looked at that Marine and his look back to me told me that he was ok with his existence. 

How can you be ok with yours?

I am not here to get in a political debate. I said what I meant and your post backs up the sentiment I see often that you feel that you are entitled to be honored, and are somehow more valuable than anyone that hasn't.. Fine, You can believe that, but my statements are not anti-military I do believe that service men and women deserve respect, admiration and special treatment in many cases for what they are put through by the leaders of the nations of the world, But your service to society is no greater nor more admirable than other people that put themselves in the service of others. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

True KRL, but it didn't help that Bowles anointed Fitz the starter BEFORE he was signed.  I imagine Woody had a hand in this, believing Fitz was better than he was and wanted him back to try and sell playoff tickets..

Here's the problem I have with the entire thing. Any half decent coach, GM or armchair analyst could look at tape of Fitz from his "great" year and realize that it was completely smoke and mirrors and quite a bit of luck. He was horrible, and for Bowles to even want him back is mind boggling.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, mate, you really don't.

What you refuse to accept, for IMO obvious reasons of bias, is that everyone understands Kap's right to express his socio-political viewpoint.

No one denies him that right.  No one.

What people object to are:

1. The venue.  The workplace, for 99.99% of Americans, is NOT the place to express socio-political protest and opinion.  Most of us get fired for doing it.  And damn few of us want a side dose of controversial race-based politics in our sports entertainment.  Most just want football and the escape entertainment brings us from our daily lives.

2. The target.  The Country (personified in the Flag and anthem) did not kill black people in the situations being protested, rightfully or wrongfully.  Individual Cops in specific individual circumstances did.  Targeting the Nation as a whole is a form of blaming everyone for something they had no part in.  Protest the Cops, or police agencies if you must.  Do not protest all of us, that's a form of stereotyping.

3. The content.  Plenty of people think his argument, and that of BLM and their ilk, are in part of in whole full of sh*t.  That the circumstances of the issues are not as clear cut or one sided as portrayed.  This is a disagreement of content, a lack of support based on the argument itself.  

Be assured, OTHER Americans have every right to hold these objections and to express those objections, the same way Kap has a right to express his opinions.  In BOTH cases, expression of those opinions, like any opinions, may come with repercussions from society at large.  A Nazi ****stick is, rightfully, excluded and ostracized from society for expressing their opinions.  Kap, in a similar vein, is not immune to societal repercussions for what he says, does and believes.

A lot of what you have here is stereotyped. 

I have dealt with people all over the nation and outside the nation too about this. Even on this board it has been stated he is against the military. Clearly some more education is required.

Certain people said not to resign Fitzpatrick but that was the unpopular opinion because he had a good year the season prior. The right (albeit unpopular) decision was to move on from Fitzpatrick and sign a another QB (Hoyer for example) and let him Geno and Petty compete for the job. But this organization allowed fan and media pressure to sway them into keeping Fitzpatrick. But the silver lining is at least his supporters have no excuses, because had we not signed him and we went 5-11, we'd be hearing about how we are losing because we didn't have Fitzpatrick. 

19 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I have dealt with people all over the nation and outside the nation too about this. Even on this board it has been stated he is against the military. Clearly some more education is required.

I don't think Kap is against the military.  He may have even knealt once unawares.  But he was told that kneeling during the anthem offended the military, and he can kept doing it.

My original point was not to say that he should be punished for dishonoring the military.  We have great freedoms in this country, and he can do almost what he wants.

But if you want people to pay you to entertain people, and you offend those people, the people paying may not want to pay you.  That is just life. 

Hopefully Kap can find a way to play in the NFL and prove to people what he has left.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

his perceived injustices, in other words excuses every time something doesn't go the way he wants it to.

He had a right to protest, teams have a right not to sign him.  if his talent was worth it teams would sign him and deal with it but who wants to deal w/ the nonsense for a guy who isn't good?

not to mention he is a phony, once he was set to become a FA he leaked it out there that he would now stand for the Nat'l anthem then started publicizing his charity.  It was pure PR BS that foolish people fell for.  This is a guy who didn't vote, who celebrated Castro and Che Guevera and disrespected those that were victims of 9/11. 

People seem to forget how this sourpuss smellfungus wore an ear-to-ear grin 24/7 when he stole the job from Alex Smith. But when he found himself competing with Blaine slapdick Gabbert for the starting role, his star glow took a serious blow. That's what the protest was all about - to grab attention, manipulate Kelly, and piss on Gabbert's parade. Colin the oppressed black man. The donation website was window dressing, an afterthought to make him look sincere and at the same time bigger and more important than a QB. 

And now the spotlight-needy fraud is months behind on his pledge and needs to make good on the foundation (named after himself) he orchestrated primarily as a PR stunt for Colin. And as mentioned, the drama queen diva is now willing to stand and respect the American flag because (coincidence?) he needs a paycheck.

Tebow and Michael Sam had baggage that wasn't fake. Chris Kluwe was less pretentious than Colin.

Kaepernick is nothing more than a self-serving parasite that couldn't be a team player unless he's center stage. 

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Thank you..

Here is how I feel about my Country......

Please Listen everyone...... :) 

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

This was the key 🔑 

Fitz was a great signing initially, he was brought in as a backup got an opportunity and did a good job, not great but good.  

At that point the Jets brain trust had to do what you said and fairly evaluate what Fitz was worth based on his entire career and not just on one outliner year.  And if Geno essentially sucked so bad that he couldn't see the field absent nuclear war then he should have been shown the door as well.

Imo just a bad series of mistakes from the FO to the HC last year. 

fine but then was fitz the reason why marshall caught 50% of the passes thrown his way?  how about decker's injury/ how about geno's injury? clady?  and so on.  did fitz cause revis to mail it in?  my point is last season was a team problem not any one player. fitz wasn't a good qb but what happened was way beyond his control.

and marshall's missed catches?  they weren't all overthrows or in the dirt.  tons of those passes were right in his hands and he dropped them.  so much for being an all world player.

it's time to move on.  those guys aren't on the team and won't be missed.

5 hours ago, jetrider said:

The point is, he would've been better off in the long run by taking Mac's original offer last Spring.

He didn't want it because he thought he would have a good year. Things didn't work out for him and the team.

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He didn't want it because he thought he would have a good year. Things didn't work out for him and the team.

He thought wrong and I hope he rots in TB hell. 

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am not here to get in a political debate. I said what I meant and your post backs up the sentiment I see often that you feel that you are entitled to be honored, and are somehow more valuable than anyone that hasn't.. Fine, You can believe that, but my statements are not anti-military I do believe that service men and women deserve respect, admiration and special treatment in many cases for what they are put through by the leaders of the nations of the world, But your service to society is no greater nor more admirable than other people that put themselves in the service of others. 

Like Kaepernick you are entitled to your thoughts. Too bad you think that the willingness to die for Americans and others you may never meet is not greater than you do. Too many make the ultimate sacrifice for you to enjoy the Jets on Sunday's in the fall.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ha ha ha ha. 

31 TD's, yeah, didn't happen.  Because you say so.

SAR I

Yeah, it was a great season....A big BS fluke of a season that cost us dearly.  We all drank the Kool-Aid.  And in the end, it meant squat because we did not make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

fine but then was fitz the reason why marshall caught 50% of the passes thrown his way?  how about decker's injury/ how about geno's injury? clady?  and so on.  did fitz cause revis to mail it in?  my point is last season was a team problem not any one player. fitz wasn't a good qb but what happened was way beyond his control.

and marshall's missed catches?  they weren't all overthrows or in the dirt.  tons of those passes were right in his hands and he dropped them.  so much for being an all world player.

I hear what you are saying but I respectfully disagree. 

Yes you are right that other Jets stunk up the joint last year but no one was as bad as Fitz was.... NO ONE!!!!

And here is an article that I have posted previously but I think that it is worth posting again when anyone says that Fitz was no more culpable than anyone else.. So here it goes:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18226665/ryan-fitzpatrick-historically-bad-2016

Future employers beware: Ryan Fitzpatrick has been historically bad in 2016

• gargiulo_henry.png&w=160&h=160&scale=cro
    Hank GargiuloESPN Analytics

Ryan Fitzpatrick has not looked like the player who nearly fueled a playoff run in 2015. Rhona Wise/EPA

At halftime of an eventual Monday night loss to the Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick was pulled following a disappointing 5-for-12 showing that included just 81 passing yards and his 14th interception of the season -- tied for the second most of any QB so far this year. Fitzpatrick's 24.6 Total QBR against the Colts was his second-worst performance of the season (only his 5.5 against the Chiefs in Week 3 is worse), and also the second-worst of his two-season tenure with the Jets.

Fitzpatrick has struggled all season and now has been replaced as the starting quarterback twice this season (the first time came after Week 6 when Geno Smith took over, before Smith's injury early in Week 7 necessitated a Fitzpatrick return). All this on the heels of a career year in 2015. What has happened to turn Fitz from the unquestioned starter on a 10-6 team to a twice-benched journeyman who will probably end up on his seventh team in 13 seasons next year?

Interceptions

The most noticeable issue facing Fitzpatrick is his poor interception rate. It isn't so much that the volume of interceptions is off the charts, but when you factor in his low number of attempts compared to QBs who have thrown a similar number of picks, his rate is downright alarming. In a season that is on pace to have the lowest percentage of passes intercepted in league history (2.1 percent, which would break the previous record set last season at 2.4 percent), Fitzpatrick has had 4.1 percent of his attempts picked this season, by far the highest rate of any qualified QB this season (the next-closest is the also-benched Case Keenum at 3.5 percent). This has occurred after back-to-back seasons in which Fitzpatrick he posted near-career-low interception rates of 2.7 percent in 2015 and 2.6 percent in 2014.

This year the interceptions have also been especially costly in terms of expected points added. As we have mentioned in the past, not all interceptions are created equal. A deep interception on a third-and-long isn't as damaging as an interception on an early down near the goal line. If we take a look at the quarterbacks' portion of the EPA lost on their interceptions, nobody has been more damaging in aggregate than Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick has thrown five interceptions in the red zone this season; no other quarterback has thrown more than two. The five red-zone picks are tied for the second-most a QB has thrown in a season since 2001, behind only Jay Cutler's six in 2009. Last season, Fitzpatrick threw only one red-zone pick.

Pressure problems

Another area where Fitzpatrick is down big from 2015 is his performance while pressured. Last year he compiled a 71.5 raw QBR while pressured, the second-best mark in the league (the NFL average last season was 28.9 while pressured), but this season he has a 12.2 raw QBR while pressured, 29th out of 31 qualified quarterbacks. (The league average is 34.7 this season.)

Fitzpatrick image by AP Photo/Kathy Willens

For more from ESPN Analytics, visit the ESPN Analytics Index.

4 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

The worst game by a qb was Ryan Lindley against us in 2012 for the cardinals. One of the worst games I have ever watched we won 7-6.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup I was there for that sh*t show.  Would probably put it up there too.

9 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Like Kaepernick you are entitled to your thoughts. Too bad you think that the willingness to die for Americans and others you may never meet is not greater than you do. Too many make the ultimate sacrifice for you to enjoy the Jets on Sunday's in the fall.

Let's be very clear here, the last war that "kept us safe to watch the Jets" was WWII.

Every war since that date has been political in nature, and very much by choice, and for reasons having little or nothing to do with "keeping Americans safe".

A life of service is, nonetheless, exceptionally honorable and to be applauded.  Not just in the military, but our police and fire fighters, EMS, and anyone else who serves in dangerous life or death situations.

That honor, however, tarnishes some when someone makes a conscious effort to flog his service all over everyone he talks to, bringing it up literally in every possible post, and trying to use it as a cudgel with which to belittle others arguments for seemingly being inherently lesser because they did not serve.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Let's be very clear here, the last war that "kept us safe to watch the Jets" was WWII.

Every war since that date has been political in nature, and very much by choice, and for reasons having little or nothing to do with "keeping Americans safe".

A life of service is, nonetheless, exceptionally honorable and to be applauded.  Not just in the military, but our police and fire fighters, EMS, and anyone else who serves in dangerous life or death situations.

That honor, however, tarnishes some when someone makes a conscious effort to flog his service all over everyone he talks to, bringing it up literally in every possible post, and trying to use it as a cudgel with which to belittle others arguments for seemingly being inherently lesser because they did not serve.

Oy

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nice signing by TB.  Good guy to have as a veteran backup who can hold the team afloat for a game or 2 if winston gets hurt.

Nice move like putting Winston on the cover of Madden. 

You mean when Winston gets hurt, and for a game or 15. Fitz has been signed as a backup around 8 times and 8 times he's started 10 games or more for that team because of injury. 

Just with the Jets he was replaced twice and never sat more than a couple games before returning due to injury. 

2 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

The winner here is Jameis Winston . He will learn plenty from Fitz .

How to rob money from teams in the NFL and how to throw INT's 

12 hours ago, rangerous said:

My problem with this is that during 2015, there was hardly any talk about how other players were helping us win. No Revis, no Mo no Pryor etc. it was about how we wouldn't have won 10 wins if it weren't for Fitzpatrick. So when things get bad I'm not trying to hear about how other players contributed to a bad 2016 season.