What Bothers You Most About the Current Situation ?

Smashmouth

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

Shake your head until it falls off. The OP is spot on. You are comparing filet mignon to spam. Ok BB failed his first HC job, but he won how many SB's as DC? 2 I think, right? Carroll won how many National titles at USC? What has this guy won ever? He has ZERO CACHE. He brings Nothing. Nada. Zip. What Jet player, former or present has improved one iota since Bubba Gump Bowltite got here? I cannot believe, after watching last season that any real Jet fan could want this guy to remain HC for another minute, let alone another season. I understand continuity, absolutely, but does anyone want continuity of what went on here last season? Want continuity of his one word answers with attitude after every loss? Guys like you crack me up, it is as though you relish losing or something. Just so you know, the constant and continuous losing has affected me so much, I can almost not even bear to watch anymore. I mean for what, to listen to this idiot say Ryan Fitzpatrick gave him the best chance to win in week 17 at 4-11? Or to justify kicking a FG down 41-0 after being made to look like an amateur? Or after having his pants pulled down in front of National TV several times? But don't fear, our owner is clueless and you will not have to worry about your guy being fired, he is here I'm sure for the next 5 years at least.

You are off target at every level and actually support my point.  Thank you.

People like you with no patience are a large part of why we suck every year as for some reason they think they need to make people like you happy and then make knee jerk decisions that we all suffer for in the end. Mac seems different though.  Also BTW no top coach is going to come here with scrutiny we put them through so the best chance we have is to develop a young coach.

Until then I will hope they tank as we build our team through the draft while some people like you will moan and groan the whole way. Oh and even if they fail at least they triedand I am OK with that. I have been a fan for longer than many people and i willing to wait a bit longer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'll never give Bowles a pass.  Revis was obviously mailing it in last year and should have been benched.  I would have liked to see his ass embarrassed with a benching and to send that message out to the rest of the team.  Revis Island, a healthy bench due to lack of interest.    

i can't disagree.  the under acheivers needed to be called out.  there is the possibility that bowles wasn't confident enough in the younger players. i take him at his word that his goal is to win games.

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

uh, fair enough but when you take a qb with the 6th pick it's not exactly a sure thing.  my point is that bledsoe's days were numbered when the bellichicken started looking at brady in camp. 

He drafted Brady before he coached a single game with either QB. I'm not saying he knew from day one what he had or where it was going.

There are a few systems available to fans, most made by fans, that are way better than the Jets at finding QBs and pass rushers in the draft. They all more or less say the same thing too, the Jets do the opposite or warp it somehow. 

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

Losing every game is not a way to build a program. All it does is enforce a culture of losing. 

There's no such thing as a successful rebuild in the NFL. It's literally never happened

certain teams got bad for a year at the right time (Luck, Eli) but teams like the Browns have been "rebuilding" since their inception. 

Specifically the most annoying thing about the current situation is the QB stuff. people pretend like Hack is going to be awesome, that dude isn't even good enough to beat out mcCown. They could have drafted a QB to compete like Watson and given us hope. Instead, they drafted safeties and sold us on the idea that losing every game this year would be the best way forward. 

here's the real truth: This franchise is killing time until Brady retires and not even trying. Woody can't even be bothered to stay in the country while it's happening. 

This x 10000000000000000

15 hours ago, sciond said:

I have to shake my head at this stuff...

BTW how did Bill Belichickdo at his first coaching job. Also he was afraid he was going to be fired in NE before Brady started. He was too scared to start Brady...one injury later and the rest is history. Thanks for being patient.

How about Pete Carrol at his first coaching job.....

maybe some patience would help

Pete Carroll and Little Bill are polar opposites of Bowles.  They were both bold and arrogant. Neither of them followed established methodologies. Of course that's where the similarities between these two men end. 

Anyway as first time coaches that did not succeed immediately this nontraditional style got these coaches fired, along with Carroll's choke, and Bellyacher's cutting the most popular player in Brown's history.  

Now turning to Bowles we see a guy that reads the instruction manual, twice before assembling his IKEA furniture, and measures out his ingredients while cooking...maybe even beforehand.

Nothing worse than an indecisive apprehensive coach. 

I'm starting to feel like I did with Herm that a little success would only prolong the futility. I hope I'm wrong and the real Todd Bowles is a shark that just needs to be let loose, but it really seems more like he is what he is, and that's a sheep. 

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

i can't disagree.  the under acheivers needed to be called out.  there is the possibility that bowles wasn't confident enough in the younger players. i take him at his word that his goal is to win games.

Of course Bowles wasn't confident in the younger players. He is not confident enough in anything to change the status Quo even when it's obviously not working. 

They tell rookies to make mistakes at 100 mph rather than be indecisive. Well Bowels is like one of those rookies that stumble and fall over because they cannot decide which way to run. 

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

image.jpg

Serious. Last year was bad but don't think you can put that all on him. I was a huge fan when they hired him because if his qualities and experience. He still has that and heading into year 3 I expect him to do a great job especially with this young team. For all the love Rex gets, I assume he ran a very loose ship. Takes time to change that culture.

What bothers me most is our owner. He is awful, and never, ever learns from his mistakes. Crying about Idzik, Maccagnan, Bowles, etc., its all pointless, the real problem is our idiot owner. Look no further than this moronic power structure he setup. Its so depressing that this guy is our owner, its hard to stay a Jets fan.

12 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

What bothers me most is our owner. He is awful, and never, ever learns from his mistakes. Crying about Idzik, Maccagnan, Bowles, etc., its all pointless, the real problem is our idiot owner. Look no further than this moronic power structure he setup. Its so depressing that this guy is our owner, its hard to stay a Jets fan.

You hit the nail on the head. Woody always has been, and always will be, a complete disaster. 

17 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Its obvious we have entered the first full year of a rebuild. In today's NFL you can pull that off much sooner than in the past. It used to be the 5 year plan but now with free agency in high gear and trades becoming more common, a good GM can get a team back contending in about 2 years. A lot of times that comes with hiring a top notch coach as well. Some good examples of bad teams that turned it around were the Niners and the Chiefs we knew they had talent but we also knew they had terrible coaching. In walks Andy Reid and Jim Harbaugh and you have a totally different situation in one short year .Even Parcells coming to the Jets in 97 had a huge Impact on so many levels on a 1-15 football team.  Yes you can argue the talent was there but I think we could be in that situation with Todd Bowles In other words not knowing WTF we actually have talent wise because our coach is just not good at his job.

What bothers me most, is not so much the unknown young talent we will be adding or the FA signings its Todd Bowles. Personally I do not feel this guy gets the most out of his players and I do not feel hes made any strides in the coaching of this football team from year one too year two. It seems he continued to make the same mistakes he made in year one with the added bonus of losing the locker room and then in the off season just brushing it off. The question has to be will this guy mold these young players and form a team that can compete or do you trust him to do so ? Will he adjust during games and actually put this team in a position to win or will he deflate their confidence with some bone headed clock management or lack of preparation costing us games ? Losing confidence in a HC in any sport is tough on players and it creates problems and I feel that's exactly what happened last year.

With this upcoming year being the first in a rebuild I feel like Bowles is getting an automatic free pass no matter how bad this season goes and even worse the entire call seems to be on Woody since hes made his GM and HC on the same level which is dreadfully stupid. With a guy like Harbaugh I can see making the coach run the show but I can not see that with Todd Bowles.

So I'm always going to have Bowles in the back of my mind which will leave me wondering ... Are we just wasting 2 more years with this guy ? I just hope the Jets are able to figure out what can be chalked up top bad coaching and what can be chalked up to young players making mistakes and act accordingly. Because when I see a HC retain a coordinator like Kacy Rogers simply because they are buds, it really worries me along with all the other crap a HC is responsible for.

At this stage in development I'm not worried about the QB position because only one of 2 things can happen in a relatively short period of time ...Hack totally sucks and due to that suckage we get a high draft pick in a QB rich draft or Hack comes in and plays well and we move forward, Ideally Hack does well. 

Those are my concern's so what worries you the most about this rebuild ?

Personally, I'm more concerned about Macc.  We need a heavy infusion of talent and a fukking QB would help as well.  So if he's correct with this year's draft, the the Jets trend upward but if he's wrong I'm not sure the coach can make up the difference here.  Once we improve the talent and diversity of talent on the roster then we can better evaluate the coaches.  With that said, I'm not that impressed with Bowles and/or Rogers but I am willing to give him a pass from the first two years in the hopes he improves.  I also like that he has shaken up his staff with an emphasis on bring in guys who can teach/lead.  At least I like the Kevin Greene hire.

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Pete Carroll and Little Bill are polar opposites of Bowles.  They were both bold and arrogant. Neither of them followed established methodologies. Of course that's where the similarities between these two men end. 

Anyway as first time coaches that did not succeed immediately this nontraditional style got these coaches fired, along with Carroll's choke, and Bellyacher's cutting the most popular player in Brown's history.  

Now turning to Bowles we see a guy that reads the instruction manual, twice before assembling his IKEA furniture, and measures out his ingredients while cooking...maybe even beforehand.

Nothing worse than an indecisive apprehensive coach. 

I'm starting to feel like I did with Herm that a little success would only prolong the futility. I hope I'm wrong and the real Todd Bowles is a shark that just needs to be let loose, but it really seems more like he is what he is, and that's a sheep. 

I am going to compare it to my recent Mets experience. Everyone hated the owners, the GM and manager attacked by all comers, However they got to. a world series. So patience may pay off. I have watched more than 45 years of mostly bad football, I can stand a few more.

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

Losing every game is not a way to build a program. All it does is enforce a culture of losing. 

There's no such thing as a successful rebuild in the NFL. It's literally never happened

certain teams got bad for a year at the right time (Luck, Eli) but teams like the Browns have been "rebuilding" since their inception. 

Specifically the most annoying thing about the current situation is the QB stuff. people pretend like Hack is going to be awesome, that dude isn't even good enough to beat out mcCown. They could have drafted a QB to compete like Watson and given us hope. Instead, they drafted safeties and sold us on the idea that losing every game this year would be the best way forward. 

here's the real truth: This franchise is killing time until Brady retires and not even trying. Woody can't even be bothered to stay in the country while it's happening. 

Yeah, Hack sucks! He hasn't even thrown a touchdown yet! What a bust!

Not like he didn't even play or anything.

I am just surprised it took us yrs of bad drafting to gt to this point and now we are drafting players who are least sticking to the roster it will take time.The question is if Bowles will learn and grow. I think he is somewhere between the 10 season and last yr.

I think we have the correct gm in place with exception of 2 pics (Hack the jury is still out and Harrison who has not played a game) he has done a decent job. But with this mess is decent enough?

--Inept owner who no longer cares about the one good investment he made in his entire life because he's consumed with politics

--Clueless GM who is allergic to drafting good players

--Empty suit Head Coach who is by far the worst HC in the entire NFL

What bothers me the most is that McCown will probably start the season as the QB. We ALL need to see Hackenberg play so we know what we have, but I think Bowles is overly concerned with winning and his record. What do we learn if McCown plays and the Jets go 8-8 or 9-7. They still miss the playoffs and we are no closer to knowing if we have a QB. That is my biggest concern. I saw the NFL Network's A Football Life on Bruce Arians who refused to take the HC job in Arizona unless Bowles was hired also. I didn't see him fight to keep him when the Jets cam calling though. Hmmm

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What bothers me is that since they're all terrible, people can rationalize and excuse the terribleness of any one of them by pointing to his terrible partners in crime. 

Some people have even blamed the fans.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The brain trust 

Image result for maccagnan and fitzpatrick pics

It isn't easy to look at the other teams in our division, conference and the NFL and we teams that are operating smarter and seem to have their acts together.  We may be a bottom 5 organization.  

On 5/19/2017 at 3:30 PM, sciond said:

Looking back at people would agree. However nobody thought that back then.

Sent from my LEX727 using JetNation.com mobile app

Well part of it is the never winning anything, thus every negative nugget gets blown up deal.  

That was really just a transition team because they had to replace a stud QB and a stud TE, the two faces of their franchise, and he just didn't do it in time prior to the move.  

On 5/19/2017 at 3:58 PM, #27TheDominator said:

This is true, but blaming all of his failure on the Browns tanking when they found out they were moving thing is overblown too.  True, they only won one game after they announced the move, but they had already lost 4 of their last 5 with the only win being OT against the Bengals.

Ozzie Newsome is no idiot and he seemed happy enough to dump Belichick and roll with Marchibroda.

That team had talent, but they put way too much importance on Rison that year.  Weirdly, Bellichek seems to have problems with receivers as his biggest weakness.  That entire staff assembled by Bellichek seems to have become really good there as well.  I would've loved to see how they would have moved forward without the move.  

On 5/19/2017 at 4:05 PM, Smashmouth said:

Its obvious we have entered the first full year of a rebuild. In today's NFL you can pull that off much sooner than in the past. It used to be the 5 year plan but now with free agency in high gear and trades becoming more common, a good GM can get a team back contending in about 2 years. A lot of times that comes with hiring a top notch coach as well. Some good examples of bad teams that turned it around were the Niners and the Chiefs we knew they had talent but we also knew they had terrible coaching. In walks Andy Reid and Jim Harbaugh and you have a totally different situation in one short year .Even Parcells coming to the Jets in 97 had a huge Impact on so many levels on a 1-15 football team.  Yes you can argue the talent was there but I think we could be in that situation with Todd Bowles In other words not knowing WTF we actually have talent wise because our coach is just not good at his job.

What bothers me most, is not so much the unknown young talent we will be adding or the FA signings its Todd Bowles. Personally I do not feel this guy gets the most out of his players and I do not feel hes made any strides in the coaching of this football team from year one too year two. It seems he continued to make the same mistakes he made in year one with the added bonus of losing the locker room and then in the off season just brushing it off. The question has to be will this guy mold these young players and form a team that can compete or do you trust him to do so ? Will he adjust during games and actually put this team in a position to win or will he deflate their confidence with some bone headed clock management or lack of preparation costing us games ? Losing confidence in a HC in any sport is tough on players and it creates problems and I feel that's exactly what happened last year.

With this upcoming year being the first in a rebuild I feel like Bowles is getting an automatic free pass no matter how bad this season goes and even worse the entire call seems to be on Woody since hes made his GM and HC on the same level which is dreadfully stupid. With a guy like Harbaugh I can see making the coach run the show but I can not see that with Todd Bowles.

So I'm always going to have Bowles in the back of my mind which will leave me wondering ... Are we just wasting 2 more years with this guy ? I just hope the Jets are able to figure out what can be chalked up top bad coaching and what can be chalked up to young players making mistakes and act accordingly. Because when I see a HC retain a coordinator like Kacy Rogers simply because they are buds, it really worries me along with all the other crap a HC is responsible for.

At this stage in development I'm not worried about the QB position because only one of 2 things can happen in a relatively short period of time ...Hack totally sucks and due to that suckage we get a high draft pick in a QB rich draft or Hack comes in and plays well and we move forward, Ideally Hack does well. 

Those are my concern's so what worries you the most about this rebuild ?

The only thing that really bothers me is how so few people think the Jets are going to be good this year. Yet when it happens so many won't admit they were nervous.

Archived