Mo Wilkerson #19th Highest Paid in the NFL

BurnleyJet

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not sure, you could be right.  But even if so, you dont sign a guy to a contract that he simply isnt worth, even if Sheldon had a Grand Theft Auto V joyride around Missouri. 

Drafting Leonard Williams and having control of him for 5 years on a rookie deal along with having to only pay Snacks a 3-4 DT contract rendered Wilkerson's contract unnecessary. We dont even have to touch the Sheldon situation to know that the Wilkerson deal was terrible. When Macc became GM of the Jets his first order of business should have been to trade Wilk literally the moment he drafted Big Cat. 

Roster mismanagement is a Macc trait

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

They are remaking it Hollywood must be running out of idea's..Tell your wife this is the new Baby..

MV5BMzU5MTA5MzYzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc4

Will do. My wife and her best friend literally watch Dirty Dancing once or twice a year, every year for the 10 years that I've known her. The dedication is real, im talking popcorn and all bro. Singing, tears  and everything lol. 

I also think my wife will be more concerned about who's replacing Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle. Whomever it is, she's not going to like it. Patrick Swayze is a childhood crush. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Will do. My wife and her best friend literally watch Dirty Dancing once or twice a year, every year for the 10 years that I've known her. The dedication is real, im talking popcorn and all bro. Singing, tears  and everything lol. 

I also think my wife will be more concerned about who's replacing Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle. Whomever it is, she's not going to like it. Patrick Swayze is a childhood crush. 

By the way its a made for TV movie.. Here's Johnny MV5BMTg1MDMzOTk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzk4

12 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not sure, you could be right.  But even if so, you dont sign a guy to a contract that he simply isnt worth, even if Sheldon had a Grand Theft Auto V joyride around Missouri. 

Drafting Leonard Williams and having control of him for 5 years on a rookie deal along with having to only pay Snacks a 3-4 DT contract rendered Wilkerson's contract unnecessary. We dont even have to touch the Sheldon situation to know that the Wilkerson deal was terrible. When Macc became GM of the Jets his first order of business should have been to trade Wilk literally the moment he drafted Big Cat. 

I agree it's too much, but he's the only one that's making over $10M per year and next year if doesn't play well he's a goner because he saves us $11M against the cap. 

22 hours ago, jett said:

This is a good thing actually, we're going to suck next year anyway. Pay a large portion of his contract this year that way it's easier to cut him down The road. 

Maccagnan likes to front load his contracts specifically for this reason. 

False. False. False.  

Mo was already sufficiently front-loaded with the franchise tag (not to mention the team had him year-to-year) until the long-term deal spread his 2016 hit to the future.

Buster Skrine was not front-loaded; his contract was worked (and then reworked) to make his hits backloaded rather than frontloaded.

Same exact thing with James Carpenter (which is now $2-3m per in his first 2 years, then $7m the latter 2 years).

Kevin Beachum's contract is light in year 1, and nearly double in years 2-3. 

Bilal Powell's contract was backloaded (under $2m in year 1, then nearly $5m in years 2-3)

McLendon's contract lighter in year 1 than in years 2-3.

Matt Forte's contract is lightest in year 1.

Ijalana's year 2 is 50% more than year 1 (if he makes the roster).

Hell, even Fitzpatrick's one year contract was backloaded to make about half of it hit the following year.

What, do people look at the Winters contract and decide that outweighs the majority of contracts this FO has made?

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

False. False. False.  

Mo was already sufficiently front-loaded with the franchise tag (not to mention the team had him year-to-year) until the long-term deal spread his 2016 hit to the future.

Buster Skrine was not front-loaded; his contract was worked (and then reworked) to make his hits backloaded rather than frontloaded.

Same exact thing with James Carpenter (which is now $2-3m per in his first 2 years, then $7m the latter 2 years).

Kevin Beachum's contract is light in year 1, and nearly double in years 2-3. 

Bilal Powell's contract was backloaded (under $2m in year 1, then nearly $5m in years 2-3)

McLendon's contract lighter in year 1 than in years 2-3.

Matt Forte's contract is lightest in year 1.

Ijalana's year 2 is 50% more than year 1 (if he makes the roster).

Hell, even Fitzpatrick's one year contract was backloaded to make about half of it hit the following year.

What, do people look at the Winters contract and decide that outweighs the majority of contracts this FO has made?

Some of the contracts Mac has given out are cringeworthy 

Archived