Prediction for Jets QB Christian Hackenberg: Plenty of growing pains

Gas2No99

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Well you know the old saying; If you can't do it teach it..:)

That's what cracks me up. At least Bates is a real legit coach, his dad was a coach. Jeremy coached with Gruden, Shanahan, and Pete Carroll. No team has hired Palmer as a QB coach. He's a Craigslist-level freelancer to the stars. Here's Jordan Palmer's resume:

"The quarterback rooms I’ve been in have been filled with names such as Jason Campbell, Jay Cutler, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Carson Palmer, EJ Manuel, Josh Mccown, Jimmy Clausen and many others. I’ve lifted with linemen, ran with wideouts and studied with coaches. The experiences I’ve gained over my career have shaped me into the coach I am today.”

I'm sure his experience is helpful to some extent but why not learn the finer points from someone who wasn't an abysmal failure? 

On May 22, 2017 at 6:15 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Jordan Palmer worked with 7 NFL starters before the 2015 season and prepped Bortles for the draft.  If you want to pretend he is not a respected coach, go ahead.  Sometimes the problem is the pupil, not the teacher(s).

Doesn't sound like it's the pupil. Palmer on Hackenberg: “I think it’s a slam dunk. For me, all this negative stuff is hysterical to me because so many people are so wrong.” 

Jordan's "7 NFL starters" you declined to name: Locker, Henne, Freeman, Mallet, Manuel, Tebow, Bortles. Almost as sad as his playing career.

Bortles, his latest flagship masterpiece ... 11-34 after three seasons ...  5-11 his best effort in 2015. 

If you want to pretend there isn't enough evidence to suggest maybe this guy is a joke who's marketing himself via his brother's name, go ahead.

Nice guy needs an occupation and loves football. Sometimes the answer is painfully obvious. 

19 minutes ago, BCJet said:

No QB in the history of the league continually bounces balls or sails them, that is something that will lose too many games for you.  Maybe it was just day 1, but seems like the same thing from last year

When he misses ... he really misses

hackenberg-2.gif

ReflectingHotCrayfish.gif

9-route-td.gif

Yeah, but when he HITS, he HITS it BIG!

So it's Potayto vs. PoTAto.

Missing throws is part of the learning process and improving mechanics is part of that process. So, one can choose to focus solely on the negatives and ignore the positives, and vice-versa. As long as he gets a fair shot so we know what we have and whether it's worth it to move on. 

27 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

hackenberg-2.gif

9-route-td.gif

Missing throws is part of the learning process and improving mechanics is part of that process. So, one can choose to focus solely on the negatives and ignore the positives, and vice-versa. As long as he gets a fair shot so we know what we have and whether it's worth it to move on. 

This is why I wanted to draft this kid. He has a knack for making a play where there is no play to be made . I could careless about his Completion percentage, if he hits that 3rd down pass that allows us to win the game . Like Eli does for the Giants .

8 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

hackenberg-2.gif

9-route-td.gif

37c.jpg

Archived