Can Jets’ Richardson Play Himself in to Long-Term Deal?

JetNation

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

The real question should be why

forget all his mishaps off the field. What good GM signs a guy to a big contract that needs a walk year to motivate him. 

Best case scenario, he has a MONSTER year we tag and trade him. 

Exactly what we should have done with Primadonna Wilkerson 

And if Macc gives Richardson anything more than a 2 year extension I think seriously Macc should be tested for possible mental retardation 

Barring catastrophic injury to Williams or Wilkerson then no, I see no way the Richardson can play his way into a long term future with the Jets.  With that said a great year may get us some kind of trade value out of him.  Such a pity because when he is good he is as close to a dominant force out there as anyone we have on the team.

22 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

So based on everything we know till now you would sign him to a long term lucrative contract today?

I wouldn't pay Richardson or Wilkerson.  But if I were going to keep one, I'd keep Richardson at half the price as Mo Wilkerson.  He's not going to command a huge contract even with a big year because of the weed issue.  

Wilkerson is a good player who piles up numbers against scrubs.  Richardson is a guy who can perform regardless of who he's going against.

11 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I wouldn't pay Richardson or Wilkerson.  But if I were going to keep one, I'd keep Richardson at half the price as Mo Wilkerson.  He's not going to command a huge contract even with a big year because of the weed issue.  

Wilkerson is a good player who piles up numbers against scrubs.  Richardson is a guy who can perform regardless of who he's going against.

Wilkerson was a very good player who didn't only play well versus scrubs.  The problem is a 3-4 DE, even a very good one, isn't worth a $90 million contract

Wilk got a contract only a prime Darrelle Revis or Von Miller would merit

18 hours ago, EM31 said:

Barring catastrophic injury to Williams or Wilkerson then no, I see no way the Richardson can play his way into a long term future with the Jets.  With that said a great year may get us some kind of trade value out of him.  Such a pity because when he is good he is as close to a dominant force out there as anyone we have on the team.

Prediction:

We start the season 3-3 because of the easier part of the schedule and Sheldumb plays well, Woody and Macagnan start gloating and give Sheldumb a $75 million extension

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Prediction:

We start the season 3-3 because of the easier part of the schedule and Sheldumb plays well, Woody and Macagnan start gloating and give Sheldumb a $75 million extension

Certainly nobody every went broke underestimating the intelligence of Jets front offices over the years.

13 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Is this outrageous statement supported by facts?

Sheldon Richardson is at a minimum of 5 times the better player Wilkerson is. Like not even close. 

If both were were part of a better run organization Mo would be gone and Snacks would be around to have kept Richardson more in line. And the defense would look a lot better.

56 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Sheldon Richardson is at a minimum of 5 times the better player Wilkerson is. Like not even close. 

If both were were part of a better run organization Mo would be gone and Snacks would be around to have kept Richardson more in line. And the defense would look a lot better.

So, NO, the outrageous statement is backed up with...an even more outrageous and unsupported statement.

Go figure...

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Snacks would have cost half of what Mo's extension cut, even less if Mac was smart and tried to extend him before he went UFA.

Archived