NY Jets OTA Updates

JetNation

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Early hot take:

Petty gets waived, Hackenberg gets put on ice for another year and they bring in a veteran to backup Mccown.

Trevor Siemian for a fifth rounder after Lynch wins the Denver job would be bellisima 

Jets OC John Morton said each quarterback will get equal reps with the first-team during OTAs.

That was not the case on the first day of OTAs when Christian Hackenberg worked exclusively on the second field with Josh McCown working with the first-team and Bryce Petty switching between the two. Hackenberg will certainly get his chance at some point, however, and Morton said all three have a "great opportunity."

May 23 - 1:04 PM

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Jets OC John Morton said each quarterback will get equal reps with the first-team during OTAs.

That was not the case on the first day of OTAs when Christian Hackenberg worked exclusively on the second field with Josh McCown working with the first-team and Bryce Petty switching between the two. Hackenberg will certainly get his chance at some point, however, and Morton said all three have a "great opportunity."

May 23 - 1:04 PM

It is the backup receivers holding Hack back.  He will shine with the # 1s. :)

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Early hot take:

Petty gets waived, Hackenberg gets put on ice for another year and they bring in a veteran to backup Mccown.

That would be the worst thing that could happen. Hopefully Hack or Petty can win the job.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Trevor Siemian for a fifth rounder after Lynch wins the Denver job would be bellisima 

Did you ever peeked over into you neighbor's yard and say to yourself, "Man, that's a nice lawn"  ? 

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As a PSU fan myself, I remember a kid that could have bailed on the program (and in hindsight he probably should have), but instead played for a team that saw some talent bail and played alongside many non-scholarship athletes as PSU was stripped due to the sandusky scandal. That's not the Jets problem, and he may just be broken, but I am hopeful the Jets can resurrect him to the player  many thought he was on track to become. 

The Hack situation reminds of when the Jets drafted Blair Thomas. I was so excited to see my favorite college player play for the Jets only watch him turn into a bust. The same with Kyle Brady. I was also in school with Rick Dipietro at BU when he was drafted by the Islanders, and that didn't work out to well either. 

Speaking of which, on a sad note, Cortez Kennedy passed away .RIP. One of two future Hall of Famer's the Jets passed over to take Blair Thomas. Junior Seau was the other. Kennedy had 55 sacks, and made 8 straight Pro Bowls.

And in other news, 

What a f'ing douche. 

I really dont like this man. The Jets gave this guy every opportunity to a fault, and a great portion of this fanbase supported this asshat. 

This is why you dont pay career back ups as "mentors".They end up being really ungrateful after they jacked your franchise for 15 million dollars in 2 years. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And in other news, 

What a f'ing douche. 

I really dont like this man. The Jets gave this guy every opportunity to a fault, and a great portion of this fanbase supported this asshat. 

This is why you dont pay career back ups as "mentors".They end up being really ungrateful after they jacked your franchise for 15 million dollars in 2 years. 

seems to have no accountability for his performance.  

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And in other news, 

What a f'ing douche. 

Good god I hate Fitz more then any other Jet that has worn Green and White.  The "chair got pulled out from you" - you were the lowest ranked starting QB in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.  You werent 10th after having some bad luck.  You werent having a down start to the season after having a good career.  You are a backup who refused to grasp that he wasnt a gunslinger and completely crushed the team with  your on field play, and the lockerroom with your horrendous attitude off it.

He should be thankful for every dollar he received here, not making snide comments after a season with the lowest QB ranking of the top 30 guys.

The boat is down!

I like fitz a QB with some guts, not a lot of talent but some guts and provided one off the better years on offense this team has had for years.

The jets hated Fitz so much they went out and got a clone of him to be the starter this year.

2 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

But in all seriousness.  Hacks first eyar at PSU was amazing.  He just took too many hits behind a terrible O-line, and I dont think there is any hope in him going back to his confidence.  I would absolutely love to eat crow, but it will not be pleasant to watch him on Sundays if he eventually gets the start.

a player that has been David Carr'ed cannot be un-David Carr'ed 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets hated Fitz so much they went out and got a clone of him to be the starter this year.

This won't be a popular statement but Fitz is better than Josh McCown. He even beat McCown head to head, at Cleveland. McCown is a cheaper not as good Fitz.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm as big of a Hack sucks person as anyone but that really didn't look bad to me.  Looked like the Wr simply did not make a decent play on  the ball and was surprised it came so fast.

He didn't even try for a catchable ball

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pretty much. If Fitz doesnt make the dig at Woody they probably would have brought him back. But Mccown is essentially the same thing. It just goes to show how crappy the guys behind them have been.

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Ironic, since damn few fans held anyone other than him accountable for the top to bottom team and coaching fail that was last year.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ironic, since damn few fans held anyone other than him accountable for the top to bottom team and coaching fail that was last year.

i think fans blamed the coaches, gm, qb and a host of vets who are no longer here.  i just still find it surprising that fitz thinks that he deserved to remain the starter, it's as if he is ignoring the 2016 year and is going completely off the 2015 year.  no wonder the lockerroom fell apart last year.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think fans blamed the coaches, gm, qb and a host of vets who are no longer here.  i just still find it surprising that fitz thinks that he deserved to remain the starter, it's as if he is ignoring the 2016 year and is going completely off the 2015 year.  no wonder the lockerroom fell apart last year.

Imagine that, a guy selling himself on his best, not his worst, times. Shocking!

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Imagine that, a guy selling himself on his best, not his worst, times. Shocking!

at this point it's just sour grapes though.  he's not selling himself anymore.  he could have taken the high road, instead he acts like the starting job should still be his despite his play.  he's not fooling anyone.

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

a player that has been David Carr'ed cannot be un-David Carr'ed 

Carr took an absolute beating in Houston. But in the last 10 years guys like Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben have been the most sacked QB's multiple times and they certainly turned out ok. You can't assume all players handle these things the same way.  Plus a lot depends on how well their teams have bolstered the Oline .

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And in other news, 

What a f'ing douche. 

33 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

33 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Good god I hate Fitz more then any other Jet that has worn Green and White.  The "chair got pulled out from you" - you were the lowest ranked starting QB in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.  You werent 10th after having some bad luck.  You werent having a down start to the season after having a good career.  You are a backup who refused to grasp that he wasnt a gunslinger and completely crushed the team with  your on field play, and the lockerroom with your horrendous attitude off it.

He should be thankful for every dollar he received here, not making snide comments after a season with the lowest QB ranking of the top 30 guys.

It's funny because when Rex Ryan was here for 6 years shirking accountability and dropping the "I've been victimized" rhetoric, most fans loved it... until like 3-4 years of me pointing out it was garbage sunk in.

Some fans still love it though.

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Carr took an absolute beating in Houston. But in the last 10 years guys like Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben have been the most sacked QB's multiple times and they certainly turned out ok.  

Aaron Rodgers and big Ben taking hits after they develop is very different than Hack getting ruined as a freshman. Or what actually happened to David Carr. The beatings ruined the player and screwed any chance of development. 

Archived