Calvin Pryor Not at OTAs

JetNation

IMG_8761.jpg?fit=528%2C479

The Jets selected safeties in the 1st two rounds of the 2017 NFL draft (Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye). Reports from OTAs today indicate that Calvin Pryor was a no-show. OTAs are voluntary but if you are hoping to keep your job you really should “volunteer” to be there.

Hopefully this is nothing, but it is worth watching because the Jets had so many locker room issues last year. Be sure to check out this thread for updates on NY Jets OTAs.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
3eXEgF5ZtPY

Click here to read the full story...

You'd have to think this was sorted out with the team, because there would have to be a special level of stupid for an underachiever to think he can get away with this kind of crap.  Voluntary or not, he obviously has a lot to prove this year, if not to the Jets, to other teams in the NFL, if he wants to continue his career.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Some people create their own fate.

You say that like it is a bad thing.  It is premature and he  might just have a family thing, but...  these coaches are idiots and don't like him.  There is a good chance he will be cut.  If that is the case, it is in his best interest to be cut now rather than on the eve of the season when he will have to latch on somewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Some people create their own fate.

A lot of people defending him on twitter. Yes, these are voluntary. But he is also making the jets decision easier.

If my team declined my 5th year option, I would have gotten in the best shape of my life, been the first guy at camp, and make them regret their decision for the rest of their lives. The drafting of two guys who play my position would have been the icing on the cake. 

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

If my team declined my 5th year option, I would have gotten in the best shape of my life, been the first guy at camp, and make them regret their decision for the rest of their lives. The drafting of two guys who play my position would have been the icing on the cake. 

Well that is a sign of intelligence. Which he is sadly lacking.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

You say that like it is a bad thing.  It is premature and he  might just have a family thing, but...  these coaches are idiots and don't like him.  There is a good chance he will be cut.  If that is the case, it is in his best interest to be cut now rather than on the eve of the season when he will have to latch on somewhere. 

Given that his contract is fully guaranteed, the Jets have no incentive to cut him unless it reaches the point that they are actually better off without him than with him, given the cost of a replacement would ultimately mean them spending more money for him to not be there.  If he starts trying to actively convince them of that, he'll probably convince the rest of the NFL the same thing in the process.

Pryor's salary is guaranteed for 2017.   If the Jets trade him  he goes to whatever team is willing to pony up a draft pick and assumes his salary without .   That may not be the best team for his future.

If he gets cut Pryor can cut a deal with another team that he thinks he is a fit with. 

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Honestly, what will he learn under Kacy Rodgers?

he didn't seem to learn anything under Rex Ryan either . You can take a horse to water, but what is it that makes the horse take a drink ?

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

Pryor's salary is guaranteed for 2017.   If the Jets trade him  he goes to whatever team is willing to pony up a draft pick and assumes his salary without .   That may not be the best team for his future.

If he gets cut Pryor can cut a deal with another team that he thinks he is a fit with. 

I believe that if they could have gotten anything for him, he'd have been gone during the draft.

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I believe that if they could have gotten anything for him, he'd have been gone during the draft.

No one wanted Pryor.  But if the story about the Boys offering a 2nd for Sheldon is true that is scary

50 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

A real competitor would of made the jets regret using 2 high picks on safety while using it as motivation to dominate this year  . But Pryor isn't that . Dude has a bad attitude 

Good point. He is making the draft decision in the second round of especiallyeciality look solid.

37 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

What if he shows up for all the other OTAs and missed this one because he was with his daughter? Or maybe he had a family incident that he wanted to be present for.

That has usually led to success....

or not

18 minutes ago, sciond said:

That has usually led to success....

or not

I'm just saying this is all irritating amount of speculation about nothing. Just being angry at a mediocre player for being mediocre is mostly boring.

18 hours ago, section314 said:

exactly, his reaction to not show up (if true) says a lot about the guy and his character and speaks to why we are completely revamping our safeties.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'm just saying this is all irritating amount of speculation about nothing. Just being angry at a mediocre player for being mediocre is mostly boring.

I agree but you would have to think with his career on the line and a scant amount of good tape on him as of now, he would move heaven and earth to attend OTA's to give the right appearance and to work on his craft.

basically not only is he not that good of a player but also not that bright as well

On 5/23/2017 at 3:08 PM, Tinstar said:

he didn't seem to learn anything under Rex Ryan either . You can take a horse to water, but what is it that makes the horse take a drink ?

Salted pretzels.

Archived