Calvin Pryor Not at OTAs

JetNation

On 5/23/2017 at 3:57 PM, Bleedin Green said:

Given that his contract is fully guaranteed, the Jets have no incentive to cut him unless it reaches the point that they are actually better off without him than with him, given the cost of a replacement would ultimately mean them spending more money for him to not be there.  If he starts trying to actively convince them of that, he'll probably convince the rest of the NFL the same thing in the process.

Yep, cutting him creates 2.7 M in dead money.  He's trying to shoot his way out of town.  Suspect he'll be on the team like it or not.

Still very stupid on his part, he should be auditioning for his next job. 

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

What if he shows up for all the other OTAs and missed this one because he was with his daughter? Or maybe he had a family incident that he wanted to be present for.

Or perhaps  he was beamed up by aliens.  Could be.

My money's on that he's sulking, and acting like a child because now he's going to have to win his starting job over a rookie.

10 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We don't have a quarterback, a pass rusher, a left tackle, a cover corner, or a number one receiver and we used our first two picks on safeties. I don't see why Pryor would show up. I don't see why anybody would show up.

How ever will the Jets field a team with so many missing parts .  Why do you folks show up with this feeling of doom in your hearts ?  Why even wake up in the morning with nothing to live for .  I know a story as old as time itself that's as familiar as the saga of Jet fans and it took their bones being in the sand before the saga change .

When all hope is lost what shall save a people from themselves ?

15 hours ago, flgreen said:

My money's on that he's sulking, and acting like a child because now he's going to have to win his starting job over a rookie.

... and was planning an elaborate protest to raise awareness for his people

Archived