met life question - mezz seat view

batman10023

hi guys - does anyone have lower row (row 2 specifically) mezz club seats?  from what i  recall, there is glass/plastic over the first row.  does this affect your view from the second row?  how is the view from the second row?

would you rather be 6 rows up 5 seats in - or 2 rows up 12 seats in?

thanks!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 4 seats in section 214 before we got tired of coming in from Michigan to attend games.  I wanted seats very close to the club.  However, my Uncles seats were in row 2 and I visited often.  I do not remember glass or plastic being an issue.

21 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

hi guys - does anyone have lower row (row 2 specifically) mezz club seats?  from what i  recall, there is glass/plastic over the first row.  does this affect your view from the second row?  how is the view from the second row?

would you rather be 6 rows up 5 seats in - or 2 rows up 12 seats in?

thanks!

There is no glass in front of Row 1 on Mezz Club seats. Row 1 is the prime seats. Grab them if you have an opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

I would wait it out for Row 1 to be honest. The best seats in house are Row 1 Mezz Club seats. Much better than Lower Level Coaches Club seats even. 

is row 2 that much worse?  remember i am moving from row 6.

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

Okay. If you have a kid, definitely stay away from Row 1. Row 2 isn't bad but resell value for Row 1 is much higher and the view is fantastic. 

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

This is an old photo, but if you look at the bottom of each staircase on the Mezzanine there is a 10 inch barrier atop the black wall. It's to prevent people from falling down the steps and over the railing, there is no risk of falling over the railing if you are standing in Row 1.

The first season it was a metal railing which annoyed people, now it is clear plexiglass and not bad.   The general rule of thumb is that if you have seats in the first row try to avoid aisle seats due to this plexiglass barrier.   My seats, where the arrow is pointing, my aisle Seat 1 has a slightly obstructed view whereas my Seats 2-4 are just fine.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

This is an old photo, but if you look at the bottom of each staircase on the Mezzanine there is a 10 inch barrier atop the black wall. It's to prevent people from falling down the steps and over the railing, there is no risk of falling over the railing if you are standing in Row 1.

The first season it was a metal railing which annoyed people, now it is clear plexiglass and not bad.   The general rule of thumb is that if you have seats in the first row try to avoid aisle seats due to this plexiglass barrier.   My seats, where the arrow is pointing, my aisle Seat 1 has a slightly obstructed view whereas my Seats 2-4 are just fine.

SAR I

thanks sar.  so the clear plexiglass is only down the isles?

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Row 2 is great as long as the people in Row 1 don't get up/down on every close play,  then you feel like an idiot for not moving down one row to completely control the environment. 

The cup holders in Row 1 are great as they are higher up, on the black wall, and not in an armrest which gives more elbow room, and you can hook a string pack around them to hold your stuff off the ground.  Nice benefits.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the higher potential resale value isn't worth even the small risk of having a kid in row 1.  doesn't matter, row 1 isn't available.

although i think there is some row 1s in the secondary market.

Just to clear up the misconception, when the stadium first opened my kids were 6, 9, and 11 and none of them even came close to tumbling over.  There isn't a lot of legroom so there isn't much of an angle for that to occur. 

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Row 2 is great as long as the people in Row 1 don't get up/down on every close play,  then you feel like an idiot for not moving down one row to completely control the environment. 

The cup holders in Row 1 are great as they are higher up, on the black wall, and not in an armrest which gives more elbow room, and you can hook a string pack around them to hold your stuff off the ground.  Nice benefits.

SAR I

I don't think the club seat people stand on every play. 

13 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

SAR paying a PSL for a slightly obstructed view seat is.... well.... awesome.

1378801974_97146875.jpg

I don't sit in Seat 1 and it doesn't affect me over in Seat 4.  I took the aisle because it matters on resale.

And for the record, from my aisle seat the view of the field isn't obstructed at all, it's not bars it's glass and it's in your peripheral vision.  Annoying, but doesn't block the play on the field because I'm in the corner looking towards the left (away from the stairs).   The person who owns the aisle seat across the other side of the stairs has a problem because he's looking through the glass constantly.  See photo above.

My point to others is that if you have sideline Mezzanine seats in Row 1 on the aisle a large portion of the field will be viewed through glass because of these protective barriers at the end of each staircase so be aware.

SAR I

23 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Enjoy the overpriced seats . And if you need some Grey Poupon , see SAR 1 .

Don't judge what people can or can't afford and what they view as overpriced.

I just spent $19,000 on a wristwatch and it didn't make a dent, if you think I'm crying the blues over a $13 per game PSL that I paid for 9 years ago you're nuts.

Just because you can't afford premium mustard doesn't mean that others are suffering right there with you, friend.

SAR I

12 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I don't think the club seat people stand on every play. 

Sitting next to them every Sunday I can tell you that they do, they are very good fans.

Again, the size of one's bank account does not define what kind of fan you are.  A blue collar drunkard scraping together pennies to attend one Jets game is not more diehard than a Mercedes driving white collar entrepreneur who has season tickets.  One can argue quite easily that the tailgater who spends more time getting sloshed in the parking lot than watching the game sober in the stadium is the worse fan.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sitting next to them every Sunday I can tell you that they do, they are very good fans.

Again, the size of one's bank account does not define what kind of fan you are.  A blue collar drunkard scraping together pennies to attend one Jets game is not more diehard than a Mercedes driving white collar entrepreneur who has season tickets.  One can argue quite easily that the tailgater who spends more time getting sloshed in the parking lot than watching the game sober in the stadium is the worse fan.

SAR I

i like my section, i am just saying i don't recall the guys in the first row standing up every play.  

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don't judge what people can or can't afford and what they view as overpriced.

I just spent $19,000 on a wristwatch and it didn't make a dent, if you think I'm crying the blues over a $13 per game PSL that I paid for 9 years ago you're nuts.

Just because you can't afford premium mustard doesn't mean that others are suffering right there with you, friend.

SAR I

what watch did you buy?

i am over my watch thing.  

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

it's a very small part of my income.  are you telling me you don't foolishly waste a small amount of your income?

I love it when people tell us how to spend our fun money.  This Oh The Pain guy....

How much you want to bet he is a smoker, owns a dog, and drinks beer?  And that's not a waste of money.  LOL.

Annual cost of a pack-a-day smoker is $5,220

Annual cost of a dog is $1,300

Annual cost of 6 pack-per-week beer drinker is $725

Annual cost of smoking, drinking, and dog ownership is $7,245

Annual cost of 2 Jets PSL's is $266

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I love it when people tell us how to spend our fun money.  This Oh The Pain guy....

How much you want to bet he is a smoker, owns a dog, and drinks beer?  And that's not a waste of money.  LOL.

SAR I

I haved to say I think a beer drinker would spend more money. Going out to bars and all.

And I must be treating my dogs pretty poorly because I don't think they are costing $1,300 a year lol.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I haved to say I think a beer drinker would spend more money. Going out to bars and all.

And I must be treating my dogs pretty poorly because I don't think they are costing $1,300 a year lol.

Stats are all from Google, here's what they say.  First year is $1300, years after that come down, but the point is owning Sparky is costing a lot of money.     https://www.moneyunder30.com/the-true-cost-of-pet-ownership

Let Oh The Pain shoot his dog, then he can lecture me on how I'm "wasting money" on Jets tickets.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I don't think many beer drinkers only drink a six pack a week, especially if they are Jet fans.

Archived