Sheldon Richardson isn't done taking shots at Brandon Marshall

joewilly12

Jets’ Sheldon Richardson isn’t done taking shots at Brandon Marshall 

Sheldon Richardson says the Jets locker room is a happier place without Brandon Marshall.

Sheldon Richardson says the Jets locker room is a happier place without Brandon Marshall.

(RICH SCHULTZ/AP)

Sheldon Richardson might be on the trade block, but he seems a whole lot happier now that Brandon Marshall isn’t around. The Jets defensive lineman, who has been shopped by the Jets since last year, didn’t get along with his former teammate, who signed with the Giants this offseason.

“I enjoy being here,” Richardson said Tuesday after the team’s first OTA practice. “The locker room’s a whole lot easier to get along with now.”

Met by laughter from reporters, Richardson expounded.

“Ya’ll so thirsty,” Richardson said with a smile. “Let’s just say we got 15 reasons why it’s better. Alright. That’s enough. I’m outta here.”

Jets' Marshall, Richardson haven't spoken since verbal shot

Marshall was No. 15.

Brandon Marshall feuded with Sheldon Richardson during a miserable season for Jets last year.

Brandon Marshall feuded with Sheldon Richardson during a miserable season for Jets last year.

(KATHY WILLENS/AP)

The Richardson-Marshall rift was the face of the team’s locker room discord last season.

Now, Marshall is gone and Richardson might be.

“I’m proven, honestly,” Richardson said about whether he has a chip on his shoulder. “Just got to get some stats. Contract year.”

“Until I get a call saying you’re no longer part of the New York Jets ... that’s the only call that matters.”

This dude is never going to grow up.  1st day of OTAs and he already lit the media fire.  Now he and his teammates and coaches have to deal with questions about Marshall for the whole ******* summer.  Can someone put Richardson into a "how to be a professional" class please.

Not knowing all the details of the locker room disputes, it's apparent IMO the Fitz, Marshall, Mangold, Decker coup was affecting the defense. Fitz gone, Marshall gone, Mangold gone, Decker not yet. I'm not a fan of the knucklehead but you may see a higher level of play from the defense this year. Richardson may be an idiot as far as his off the field antics go but the guy has proven in the past that he can play a fierce D.

Is it possible that the jets can just bench this ass, and let him not pad his stats so that he can get a much lower pay day and get a comp pick when he's finally gone?

i mean just take a stand. It's not like we're winning much this year anyway. I hate this douche

I fail to see how BM or any other offensive player can affect the defense THAT much.  Sounds more like an excuse a quitter makes.  Also, how does this drama affect SR getting to meetings on time?  Please.  

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I fail to see how BM or any other offensive player can affect the defense THAT much.  Sounds more like an excuse a quitter makes.  Also, how does this drama affect SR getting to meetings on time?  Please.  

The turn overs and 3 and outs hurt the D. 

I’m proven, honestly,” Richardson said about whether he has a chip on his shoulder. “Just got to get some stats. Contract year.”

I'll be happier when this guy is off the team.  Yep, contract year, then he can go back to being a jerk

Hate on him all you like, Williams Richardson and Wilkerson combinations all offer different strengths.

Richardson has value to the Jets

The following ESPN quote on  last year's NYJ  best Dline combination...

This much can't be disputed: They were a better defense with Richardson on the field.

Let's have some fun and pick out the best combo in various situations. Such as:

Against the run: With Richardson and Wilkerson in the game (no Williams), the Jets yielded only 3.1 yards per carry, significantly better than any other combo.

Against the pass: The defense was better in most statistical categories with Richardson and Williams on the field, not Wilkerson -- only 5.3 yards per attempt, with one touchdown and three interceptions.

On third down: Surprisingly, the defense was more efficient with Williams on the bench, with Richardson and Wilkerson in the game -- a 33 percent conversion rate.

As you can see, it's hard to pinpoint a dominant trend. That would make it easy to assess the value of each player, which would come in handy if they have to pick an odd-man out. It really comes down to the coaching staff being able to find ways to better utilize the three players, especially when they're on the field together."

Brandon Marshall has been trouble everywhere he went if he didn't get the damn ball and have things his way he was a disruption on and off the field. 

I hope he implodes the Giants locker room. 

Looking forward to Sheldon Richardson having a beast year. 

he could be great, or the biggest tool on the team

I am hoping he has a big year and gets a huge contract elsewhere and we get a comp pick although with our salary cap we balance him out and not get one or any.

We will have 70 Million in cap space. WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET A COMP PICK FOR HIM.

Trade him for a bag of used balls and a conditional 6th rounder that could escalate into a 5th rounder that will include a second bag of used balls.

29 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Not sure why Richardson is getting all of the hate.   BM was the problem as confirmed by Enunwa after the season.   Enunwa just said it nicer.

A problem?  Sure.  THE problem?  If only it were that easy, but it never is.  Richardson gets the hate because he is the very last person left on this team with any room to talk.  He was also one of the biggest problems on this team, and the only reason he's still on it now is because no one has been willing to give a damn thing for him this offseason.

4 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

This dude is never going to grow up.  1st day of OTAs and he already lit the media fire.  Now he and his teammates and coaches have to deal with questions about Marshall for the whole ******* summer.  Can someone put Richardson into a "how to be a professional" class please.

or cut out his tongue?

People can hate BMarsh all they want but at least he knows how to handle the media.  Sheldon should have shut up and learned a thing or 2 from him.

Marshall's response to Richardsons immature comment.

"Last year was an extremely difficult season for all of us," Marshall told the newspaper. "Players and coaches fought their tails off trying to get our season turned around and it didn't happen for us. It was disappointing, but now it's a fresh year for Sheldon, for myself, for the Jets, and now I'm a Giant and I'm so excited for this opportunity.

Why is it so hard to just grow the **** up and be the bigger man like Marshall in this situation.  No ******* leadership from this guy at all.  With that said, I hope he plays lights out this year and signs a big contract elsewhere so we can finally get that 3rd rounder for him.

6 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

People can hate BMarsh all they want but at least he knows how to handle the media.  Sheldon should have shut up and learned a thing or 2 from him.

Marshall's response to Richardsons immature comment.

"Last year was an extremely difficult season for all of us," Marshall told the newspaper. "Players and coaches fought their tails off trying to get our season turned around and it didn't happen for us. It was disappointing, but now it's a fresh year for Sheldon, for myself, for the Jets, and now I'm a Giant and I'm so excited for this opportunity.

Why is it so hard to just grow the **** up and be the bigger man like Marshall in this situation.  No ******* leadership from this guy at all.  With that said, I hope he plays lights out this year and signs a big contract elsewhere so we can finally get that 3rd rounder for him.

Brandon Marshall caused and was part of the circus atmosphere here wouldn't you expect him to defend all of it and everyone involved.. 

5 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Not to mention every time he opens his mouth, he hurts his trade value and as a result his own earnings.  Put a muzzle on that guy for everyone's sake!

4 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I'm with you. Have hated him since he got here. Nothing but attitude and underperformance.

He's a great player, you can't say he has under performed. However, his head is firmly stuck up his ass. He sets a sh*tty example for younger players, and he has no leadership ability; in short, he is locker room cancer. Your studs need to have some value off the field as well, and he offers none.

Dude is complacent as ****; i suspect he is just looking to get paid. He isn't worth the price-tag he'll command at the end of the season.

As a fan of this team, you just never win.

The likeable, committed players just aren't that good. The elite-level players are [usually] narcissistic, unlike-able schmucks.

teams like New England have no issues kicking their schmucks to the curb. Remember the Jamie Collins trade? As always, there's always something to learn from your enemies.

Archived