Josh McCown the early favorite, but all three Jets QBs will get equal shot

Gas2No99

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You guys are seriously going to ****kng HATE me (even more so if you already do) if Mcgown wins more than a game for this team this year. Just forewarning I will literally lose my sh*t. It will be bad. Like really bad.  

Like when you go to write something in your planner and you see it's already there.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Other side here- Petty and Hackenberg give non competitive efforts in practice leaving the Jets with no choice but playing guys like Fitz and Mccown.

I could see that last year when they were trying the competitive rebuild after Fitz-magic; but after last year and the dumping of the vets, it makes no sense to win meaningless games with McCown; all in on Petty and Hack; if they fail draft the best QB possible next year.

Petty and Hack starting off rough = bad

Petty and Hack finishing poorly = worse

Going 6-10 with McCown = disaster

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seriously going to buy a new outfit, pour a snifter of chianti, and sit on my chaise reading JetNation for hours and hours when McCown is named the starter for Week One. The derpitude will rain down in buckets and I will drink all of it right up.

Snifters are for aged brown liquors like a whiskey or a brandy. Chianti is a wine - usually Red - produced in the Italian Chianti region. You don't put wine in snifters - only aged brown spirits and certain beers - but you can put wine in a decanter. 

Classiness: You either naturally have it or don't. Keep aspiring. :P

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Snifters are for aged brown liquors like a whiskey or a brandy. Chianti is a wine - usually Red - produced in the Italian Chianti region. You don't put wine in snifters - only aged brown spirits and certain beers - but you can put wine in a decanter. 

Classiness: You either naturally have it or don't. Keep aspiring. :P

You high-falutin' son of a bitch!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Seriously going to buy a new outfit, pour a snifter of chianti, and sit on my chaise reading JetNation for hours and hours when McCown is named the starter for Week One. The derpitude will rain down in buckets and I will drink all of it right up.

It's gonna go down with the day Rex got fired and the day we drafted Marcus Maye as one of the funniest moments in JN history.

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's gonna go down with the day Rex got fired and the day we drafted Marcus Maye as one of the funniest moments in JN history.

Dyyyyyyying to find out how signing Fitzpatrick and cutting Fitzpatrick and signing McCown and starting McCown was actually part of The Plan all along when Macc drafted Hackenberg. 

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You high-falutin' son of a bitch!

You're welcome. 

You'll thank me when, if ever, you find yourself in a position to be invited for after dinner cigars and brandy and won't embarrass yourself by asking for a chianti to fill your snifter. :P

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You're welcome. 

You'll thank me when, if ever, you find yourself in a position to be invited for after dinner cigars and brandy and won't embarrass yourself by asking for a chianti to fill your snifter. :P

Well, hopefully I'll be seated next to Kathy Bates during dinner service and she can tell me which fork to use on the appetizer course before we hit the iceberg. 

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If he's the week 1 starter....meh.

If this team is as bad as we expect, and he's still starting when they're 1-4 or something along those lines, then FML.

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Still makes no sense. QBs need reps and playing time. Starting McCown steals the young guys both of them. Sitting Hack again is just a bad idea. I just fundamentally disagree with this approach. Always have. It does not move the team forward.

Maybe Hack is still just that bad....

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

If he's the week 1 starter....meh.

If this team is as bad as we expect, and he's still starting when they're 1-4 or something along those lines, then FML.

He will be the week 1 starter.

And this team is not as bad as "we" expect.

Keep telling folks, prepare for the worst combo: 5-7 wins, limited or no Hack playtime.

Now is not a time for dreams, but is a time for ruthless pragmatism.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

He will be the week 1 starter.

And this team is not as bad as "we" expect.

Keep telling folks, prepare for the worst combo: 5-7 wins, limited or no Hack playtime.

Now is not a time for dreams, but is a time for ruthless pragmatism.

I am holding out hope that the Jets are just not that dumb as an organization. I know that Bowles is though

Archived