Falcons to offer lowest concession prices in major team sports in 2017

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Never understood why more teams don't do this. A lot more people would buy at the concession stands if stuff was cheaper.

IIRC, the venue makes its money from the concessions and the team gets most of the gate. 

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The cost of beer at MetLife is to protect others from you and you from yourself... Beyond that, I do wonder if you wouldn't do better with more reasonable prices.  I guess we'll see.

Know when to say when, designated driver, drink responsibly,dui check points leaving the stadium. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Know when to say when, designated driver, drink responsibly,dui check points leaving the stadium. 

Handing out DUIs en masse after a football game would keep 85% of your customer base from ever going near the stadium again. 

10 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Went to a Blazer game a couple of months ago.  Thought I was going to have to take out a loan to get a Coors Light.  A #$#@# Coors Light!

I can't do it at a stadium.   I just can't make myself pay 9 dollars for a light beer.

To:  Mr. Christopher Wold Johnson
Cc:  Mr. Robert Wood Johnson
Fr:   PSL Owners

Please keep concession prices high.  We can afford it and we don't want the blue collar riff-raff our PSL money forced out of the stadium coming to MetLife for cheap eats.

Thank you,

SAR I

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Arthur Blank is a legitimately great dude. Our owner is a sh*tbag. 

Immediately my first thought on this too. That's like minor league baseball pricing, it's fantastic really. 

24 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Maybe the Jets will institute something like this after week 3 when the stadium is a complete ghost town.

Let me get this straight:

On a beautiful sunny Sunday I can't get a Jets fan to buy one of my first row mezzanine $135 seats for $25 but $3 waffle fries is what it will take to get these cheapskates to pony up and attend a single game each year?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Immediately my first thought on this too. That's like minor league baseball pricing, it's fantastic really. 

If this is the mea culpa to the fans for blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, let them have their $3 waffle fries, I wouldn't want that consolation prize.

SAR I

Buying anything more inside the stadium besides a beer or a hot dog is a waste of money anyways. The problem is all the economy seats in these new stadiums are awful and you're better off watching the game at home or anywhere else. You couldnt pay me to sit in the upper deck at the NYS or Metlife save an elimination game.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Please keep concession prices high.  We can afford it and we don't want the blue collar riff-raff our PSL money forced out of the stadium coming to MetLife for cheap eats.

Thank you,

SAR I

I wrote a letter as well requesting no garbage 3 series bmws be allowed in the green parking lot -anything less than a 7 series is for fake rich guys and I dont want their garbage next to my high end vehicle

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me get this straight:

On a beautiful sunny Sunday I can't get a Jets fan to buy one of my first row mezzanine $135 seats for $25 but $3 waffle fries is what it will take to get these cheapskates to pony up and attend a single game each year?

SAR I

No but would certainly motivate a "farter" with a couple kids to pay for $5 uppers on a sunny day if he knew he would be paying reasonable prices for hot dogs and pretzels.   

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thank you,

SAR I

Better would be if they revoked PSL's and season tickets from owners who sell them to opposing teams fans.  

Do you advertise your seats as no blue collar riff-raff allowed to purchase. 

Most fans I know tailgate and enjoy time with family and friends and eat plenty in the parking lot so a cheaper hot dog or kinish wouldn't lure most of the people I know, how about  you. 

Cheap seats are available more than ever post PSL, thanks to fans like you who sellout!!!

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If this is the mea culpa to the fans for blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, let them have their $3 waffle fries, I wouldn't want that consolation prize.

SAR I

I think it has more to do with the economic demographics of the region, and the desire to make the @ game experience more accessible. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Don't worry you'll peobably never have to worry about that consolation prize.

By the way, does the cheap food have to be food that will kill you? I mean is there a healthier alternative at least, maybe a friggin salad or something that does not cost $35?

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it has more to do with the economic demographics of the region, and the desire to make the @ game experience more accessible. 

I think it has more to do with, what happens when really cool people are or actually become rich.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think it has more to do with, what happens when really cool people are or actually become rich.

I don't see how our two points are mutually exclusive. I think it's really cool to make the game accessible to the families that live in the state where the team plays. It just makes sense.

Archived