Falcons to offer lowest concession prices in major team sports in 2017

TuscanyTile2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Interesting article, but I think the problem isn't the facilities but the changing demographic.

We touched on this in the contentious tailgating thread, but that's the core of the issue-   the days of 20-something's and 30-something's hanging out at a sporting event to get piss drunk with a bunch of guys is over.  They can actually meet.....wait for it...... girls now.

My teen sons don't want to go to Jets games with dad because on Sunday's they're a few Snap's away from a cute blond handjob.

SAR I

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Buying anything more inside the stadium besides a beer or a hot dog is a waste of money anyways. The problem is all the economy seats in these new stadiums are awful and you're better off watching the game at home or anywhere else. You couldnt pay me to sit in the upper deck at the NYS or Metlife save an elimination game.

That is true, the upper decks of these stadiums are really a bad watch.

But even the premium seats get reduced to economy seats when the team is below average or the weather isn't cooperative.  Stubhub and millennials are redefining the importance of live sporting events.

Me, I'm from the prior generation and I really don't care who is or isn't in the stadium as long as I am.

SAR I

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

I wrote a letter as well requesting no garbage 3 series bmws be allowed in the green parking lot -anything less than a 7 series is for fake rich guys and I dont want their garbage next to my high end vehicle

My 3 Series is for my boys, it's a 2005 325i Coupe, they aren't complaining.

The others are an X5 for the wife and a 4 Series for me, brand new, they are welcomed in the green lots, nary a seagull flies overhead lets alone dares take a crap on it.

3 + 5 + 4 = 12 Series. 

SAR I

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't see how our two points are mutually exclusive. I think it's really cool to make the game accessible to the families that live in the state where the team plays. It just makes sense.

But then to your point I'm not sure Atlanta has that low of a median household income. Jacksonville or Tampa etc I can see that making more sense. An assumption.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Better would be if they revoked PSL's and season tickets from owners who sell them to opposing teams fans.  

Do you advertise your seats as no blue collar riff-raff allowed to purchase. 

Most fans I know tailgate and enjoy time with family and friends and eat plenty in the parking lot so a cheaper hot dog or kinish wouldn't lure most of the people I know, how about  you. 

Cheap seats are available more than ever post PSL, thanks to fans like you who sellout!!!

joewilly12 

I have never sold a ticket to an opposing team's fan.

I have offered tickets on Stubhub to local Jets fans often $50 to $100 below face value.

If lousy fans like them (ahem, you) choose not to buy them, it's them (you) letting the opposing fans in, not me.  There are about 3 million more Jets fans in the 22 million person NYC Metro area than there are Dolphins/Bills/Cowboys/etc. fans.  Show the hell up or shut the hell up.  It's not like the tickets are expensive.  You're just lazy.  You've attended, what, 1 Jets game since 2010?  Disgraceful.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Interesting article, but I think the problem isn't the facilities but the changing demographic.

We touched on this in the contentious tailgating thread, but that's the core of the issue-   the days of 20-something's and 30-something's hanging out at a sporting event to get piss drunk with a bunch of guys is over.  They can actually meet.....wait for it...... girls now.

My teen sons don't want to go to Jets games with dad because on Sunday's they're a few Snap's away from a cute blond handjob.

SAR I

Handjobs are only available to them on Sundays? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I have never sold a ticket to an opposing team's fan.

I have offered tickets on Stubhub to local Jets fans often $50 to $100 below face value.

If lousy fans like them (ahem, you) choose not to buy them, it's them (you) letting the opposing fans in, not me.  There are about 3 million more Jets fans in the 22 million person NYC Metro area than there are Dolphins/Bills/Cowboys/etc. fans.  Show the hell up or shut the hell up.  It's not like the tickets are expensive.  You're just lazy.  You've attended, what, 1 Jets game since 2010?  Disgraceful.

SAR I

LOL yea yea SAR I keep telling yourself that......remember I can go for free every home game if I so choose to. 

Ive been at many games since 2010 too many to count, no excuse for the weather, opponent,game time, win loss record unlike you. 

In the 20+ years i had season tickets I NEVER SOLD a game ticket to anyone, unlike you. 

joewilly12 

SAR I 4th from left in white Pennington jersey harassing female fans, now he texts security on fans that cheer to loudly. 

Image result for SAR I ny jets pics

Image result for little man syndrome pics

41 minutes ago, HessStation said:

But then to your point I'm not sure Atlanta has that low of a median household income. Jacksonville or Tampa etc I can see that making more sense. An assumption.

But rural Georgia and the surrounding communities do, including into Alabama, Mississippi and parts of Tennessee... gotta remember, these are big regions with few teams to spread around. Atlanta alone, and places like Savannah and the coastal islands where there are pockets of $$$ probably skew the statewide numbers dramatically.

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

These kids still get piss drunk.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

But rural Georgia and the surrounding communities do, including into Alabama, Mississippi and parts of Tennessee... gotta remember, these are big regions with few teams to spread around. Atlanta alone, and places like Savannah and the coastal islands where there are pockets of $$$ probably skew the statewide numbers dramatically.

I honestly don't think it has anyting to do w the decision but you're right that the area is one of the poorer regions per US population. So anyway, I had no idea New Hampshire has the the highest income per household? That's crazy. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I honestly don't think it has anyting to do w the decision but you're right that the area is one of the poorer regions per US population. So anyway, I had no idea New Hampshire has the the highest income per household? That's crazy. 

I lived there for 14 years and it's all relo's who landed great jobs in Boston and live an hour north in NH as it's a tax free state.  Small population, high salaries, density in the southern part of the state with a lot of Massachusetts money over a tax free border.

We're passing through tomorrow on the way to Maine for the holiday weekend.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I lived there for 14 years and it's all relo's who landed great jobs in Boston and live an hour north in NH as it's a tax free state.  Small population, high salaries, density in the southern part of the state with a lot of Massachusetts money over a tax free border.

We're passing through tomorrow on the way to Maine for the holiday weekend.

SAR I

Excellent point. Coastal towns like Portsmouth are beautiful, plus southern NH has all the Boston transplants. Northern NH you have SoPo plus lower population plus vacation homes around the lake areas etc etc....

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

These kids still get piss drunk.

Yes, but back in the day we didn't have as many options for entertainment and hookups as kids do today.  It's crazy.  Used to be you'd see a cute girl at school, bring up the courage to ask her out, walk nervously across the cafeteria.  Today you just put up a blast snap to 30, 50, 100 girls, a few come through, off you go.

That's what's going on on the sex front.  Bigger picture, kids are lazier than they've ever been, they don't want to leave the house for 6+ hours to see a game and miss their friends.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Excellent point. Coastal towns like Portsmouth are beautiful, plus southern NH has all the Boston transplants. Northern NH you have SoPo plus lower population plus vacation homes around the lake areas etc etc....

Smartest thing my wife and I did when we were just starting out was to have the courage to take jobs out of New York.  On one NYC salary we lived very well, got a house instantly instead of waiting 5 years to afford a down payment, we paid $349K for a house that would have been $1.5M on Long Island or Bergen County.  On two NYC salaries, forget it, we were able to save enough in 14 years to ensure a comfortable life and early retirement, and that cheap house doubled in price, nothing but financial win to get the hell out of New York.

I tell my kids to get a good education, get established in NYC, then take your NY salary to one of the tax free states, come back in fantastic shape if/when you want to.  Nothing but great memories of a great lifestyle up there.

SAR I

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL yea yea SAR I keep telling yourself that......remember I can go for free every home game if I so choose to. 

Ive been at many games since 2010 too many to count, no excuse for the weather, opponent,game time, win loss record unlike you. 

In the 20+ years i had season tickets I NEVER SOLD a game ticket to anyone, unlike you. 

joewilly12

You have gone to 1 game at MetLife Stadium.  You told us that two years ago.

And yet you could go to every game at MetLife Stadium.  For free.  But you don't. 

So be quiet.  You aren't a Jets fan.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, but back in the day we didn't have as many options for entertainment and hookups as kids do today.  It's crazy.  Used to be you'd see a cute girl at school, bring up the courage to ask her out, walk nervously across the cafeteria.  Today you just put up a blast snap to 30, 50, 100 girls, a few come through, off you go.

That's what's going on on the sex front.  Bigger picture, kids are lazier than they've ever been, they don't want to leave the house for 6+ hours to see a game and miss their friends.

SAR I

My boys are 19 and 21. It's honestly astounding how technology has effected hooking up. My 19 year old son needed a waterproof case because he was going to Skype with a chick while showering. Half the time I don't understand it enough to effectively comment. I just ask they wrap it before they tap it. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My boys are 19 and 21. It's honestly astounding how technology has effected hooking up. My 19 year old son needed a waterproof case because he was going to Skype with a chick while showering. Half the time I don't understand it enough to effectively comment. I just ask they wrap it before they tap it. 

When I hang out with millenials from work I'm always like WTF halfway through dinner. 

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

When I hang out with millenials from work I'm always like WTF halfway through dinner. 

And they're like, "please sir, let us out of your basement prison," and you're like, "WTF it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again." Haha. Freaking millenials. Always complaining.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

If this is the mea culpa to the fans for blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, let them have their $3 waffle fries, I wouldn't want that consolation prize.

SAR I

You're right. So much better to not even play in a Super Bowl for 50 years and pay $14 for a Natty Light.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And they're like, "please sir, let us out of your basement prison," and you're like, "WTF it puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again." Haha. Freaking millenials. Always complaining.

*it doesn't get we were talking about the incredible ease 20 somethings bang and their effortless sex lives. It gets the hose!!!!!!

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

If this is the mea culpa to the fans for blowing a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, let them have their $3 waffle fries, I wouldn't want that consolation prize.

SAR I

Kind of like Jetnation outlasting Jetsinsider, only to find out that you have migrated :)

11 hours ago, HessStation said:

Maybe not, but I still think it's great that it has the effect that I described.

New Hampshire is skewed by TONS of folks downstate that work in Boston, make Boston salaries, but live up there.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:46 AM, joewilly12 said:

SAR I's teen sons don't want to go to games with him, do you blame them? 

Image result for SAR I ny jets pics

You keep posting that photo of the Gate D spirals like somehow I should be ashamed of it. Every time you post that I smile, it was some of the most fun I've ever had at any sporting event. 

My only regret? That I discovered this in late 2006 and they shut it down shortly thereafter, I never knew that right outside my mezzanine seats was a front row ticket to that kind of debauchery, I laughed my ass off when I saw what the burpers and farters were capable of.  

SAR I

On 5/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, T0mShane said:

Handing out DUIs en masse after a football game would keep 85% of your customer base from ever going near the stadium again. 

But the new and improved PSL crowd aren't drinkers,burpers or farters and like i said designated driver, mass transit or Uber. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

You keep posting that photo of the Gate D spirals like somehow I should be ashamed of it. Every time you post that I smile, it was some of the most fun I've ever had at any sporting event. 

My only regret? That I discovered this in late 2006 and they shut it down shortly thereafter, I never knew that right outside my mezzanine seats was a front row ticket to that kind of debauchery, I laughed my ass off when I saw what the burpers and farters were capable of.  

SAR I

Sadly that was the most fun you ever had at any sporting event and you call yourself a Jets fan. 

On 5/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, T0mShane said:

Handing out DUIs en masse after a football game would keep 85% of your customer base from ever going near the stadium again. 

LOL, yeah right, because nobody ever gets drunk at tailgates

On 5/25/2017 at 4:47 PM, ASH1962 said:

Don't worry you'll peobably never have to worry about that consolation prize.

By the way, does the cheap food have to be food that will kill you? I mean is there a healthier alternative at least, maybe a friggin salad or something that does not cost $35?

meh,just bring a head of lettuce.  If nothing else they are great projectiles.  

Archived