Anthony Becht w/ awesome tweet to Jordan Leggett

AFJF

Becht may not have been a very good player, but apparetnly he understood (or understands) the importance of a rookie preparing for the season.

You know, that's actually an interesting point.  Does a brand new OC who supposedly isn't married to a specific offense, yet adjusts to his players have a specific "playbook"?  He has to have something right? 

I would assume he has a standard offense with some of the sets/plays/verbiage/concepts he likes but I wounded how indepth it is? 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

You know, that's actually an interesting point.  Does a brand new OC who supposedly isn't married to a specific offense, yet adjusts to his players have a specific "playbook"?  He has to have something right? 

I would assume he has a standard offense with some of the sets/plays/verbiage/concepts he likes but I wounded how indepth it is? 

I would think that means he has a HUGE playbook, which may not be such a good thing.

Literally just had a kid in a Navarre Raiders (Leggett's high school) football jersey ring the doorbell and ask if I would buy one of those stupid discount cards to support Raiders football. I said "You gonna be as good as Jordan?" The kid says "Better." I was like "Ya cocky bastard - here's your $10!"

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would imagine these guys show up to their interviews with their playbook in hand.  Can't imagine sitting down for an NFL coordinator job, being asked what you'd run, and replying "well, I don't really have anything written down at this point, but I promise I'll spend the next couple of months building an entire offense if you give me the job"

As a matter of fact, I remember reading many years ago that Donny Henderson was a longshot to get the DC job with the Jets but they were blown away by how detailed his defensive playbook/gameplans were when he presented them during his interview.

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I would imagine these guys show up to their interviews with their playbook in hand.  Can't imagine sitting down for an NFL coordinator job, being asked what you'd run, and replying "well, I don't really have anything written down at this point, but I promise I'll spend the next couple of months building an entire offense if you give me the job"

As a matter of fact, I remember reading many years ago that Donny Henderson was a longshot to get the DC job with the Jets but they were blown away by how detailed his defensive playbook/gameplans were when he presented them during his interview.

And all he did was play, prevent and bend don't break sh*t.

56 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He had a nice long NFL career. Amazing what getting selected in the first round does. Honestly with the new CBA you're prob better off going in the 3rd. 

Fantastic blocker and dropped a few too many balls, but he was a very good contributor to the Jets and we sorely missed him when he left Jets in the blocking game.  Blocking tight ends are never appreciated, but oh so neccessary.

6 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Fantastic blocker and dropped a few too many balls, but he was a very good contributor to the Jets and we sorely missed him when he left Jets in the blocking game.  Blocking tight ends are never appreciated, but oh so neccessary.

from your keyboard to Fred Baxter's ears. 

BaxterFredR1JetsTB.jpg

Baxter-082298-vs-NYG-Al-Pereira.jpg 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becht was awful.  But good advice from him.

Good blocking tight end who was inept as a receiver except for the 2004 San Diego playoff game

Wouldn't call him awful tho.  We've had way worse tight ends

does he think that playing a video game means he's not studying his playbook? I think I know why Becht doesn't play in the league if he believes that it's normal a player should study the playbook every single instant of the day.

This is just becht looking for attention.

11 hours ago, AFJF said:

Bryan Trottier was hired as "HC of the NYR" partially because he hand wrote his job interview responses. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2002/06/07/sports/hockey-rangers-find-their-answer-in-trottier.html?referer=

Not only did Trottier seem to have all the right answers -- tough and fair were words Sather especially liked -- but he also needed 90 pages to complete the questionnaire. The clincher was that Trottier wrote his answers in meticulous longhand that Sather could read and comprehend.

12 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

A drive killer with those ugly drops

And getting chopped down by CBs oh-so-easily because he was so stiff hipped he couldn't get his pad level low enough to simply barrel through would be tacklers.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bryan Trottier was hired as "HC of the NYR" partially because he hand wrote his job interview responses. 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2002/06/07/sports/hockey-rangers-find-their-answer-in-trottier.html?referer=

Not only did Trottier seem to have all the right answers -- tough and fair were words Sather especially liked -- but he also needed 90 pages to complete the questionnaire. The clincher was that Trottier wrote his answers in meticulous longhand that Sather could read and comprehend.

Ahh the very late 90s - early 2000s NY Rangers. The days of being lead by coaching immortals such as Trots, John Muckler, & Ron Low. When the soft as banana purée Czechmates line was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise and the cornerstone of that cornerstone was none other than Petr "Messier 2.0" Nedved.

It's too bad that doughy, pasty, slow footed sack of sh!t Derek Stepan wasn't born a decade earlier. Dude would have found a very, very fitting home in MSG during that era.

I hate how this kid just laughed it off too... leggett is gonna be a bust you can tell from his body language.  

He first tweets he wants to be photoshopped into a pats jersey within a week after the jets draft him. What an ass.

Then he asks about video games? ? Seriously... some players don't get it.

43 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I hate how this kid just laughed it off too... leggett is gonna be a bust you can tell from his body language.  

He first tweets he wants to be photoshopped into a pats jersey within a week after the jets draft him. What an ass.

Then he asks about video games? ? Seriously... some players don't get it.

I hope you are wrong, but he does have some red flags and being lazy is one of them. I just hope he isn't another Amaro. The Pats comment was low and disrespectful.

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I hope you are wrong, but he does have some red flags and being lazy is one of them. I just hope he isn't another Amaro. The Pats comment was low and disrespectful.

What's going to make it worse, we have no one on our roster to push him.  With ASJ's suspension, the only thing he needs to do to be opening day starter is stay healthy.  Not a good way to develop habits that improve his game.

12 minutes ago, Pcola said:

What's going to make it worse, we have no one on our roster to push him.  With ASJ's suspension, the only thing he needs to do to be opening day starter is stay healthy.  Not a good way to develop habits that improve his game.

True. It would be nice to have a decent Veteran TE to mentor him and a young guy to compete with. Let's hope for the best.

17 hours ago, SenorGato said:

What's this about a the well brother? Hope your well brother what!?!?!? I want my well to have a brother. Tsss

Your entitled to you're own opinion, well brother. 

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

I would believe this statement if it were not for the "you earn your playing time on this team" edit told and proven by the HC . While this TE will be assured of a roster spot due to his draft status, he's going to have to earn playing time just like all the other kids the fans insist should be playing instead of veterans who they obviously haven't out played .

Typical Jet fans , we draft a TE , a position of absolute need and all we hear about is how he's the next Amaro , the next Kellen Davis  he's lazy , can't catch , just wants to play video games - all before he even played a meaningful down for the team. 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I would believe this statement if it were not for the "you earn your playing time on this team" edit told and proven by the HC . While this TE will be assured of a roster spot due to his draft status, he's going to have to earn playing time just like all the other kids the fans insist should be playing instead of veterans who they obviously haven't out played .

What kind of accomplishment is it going to be to "earn" playing time over Bowman, Tomlinson, or Parker?  ASJ is suspended the first two games.  

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Typical Jet fans , we draft a TE , a position of absolute need and all we hear about is how he's the next Amaro , the next Kellen Davis  he's lazy , can't catch , just wants to play video games - all before he even played a meaningful down for the team. 

I think part of the problem is that MacC gambled a bit and it will be telling if he blew it or not.  Taking Hanson over a TE wasn't a bad decision with Butt and Kittle still available.  But both guys went in the first couple of picks right in front of the Jets pick.  Lets see what kind of pros Hanson and Leggett become compared to Butt and Kittle.

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

What kind of accomplishment is it going to be to "earn" playing time over Bowman, Tomlinson, or Parker?  ASJ is suspended the first two games.  

I would think it would be a great accomplishment for an UDFA to outplay a draft pick . Question, who would you say will be the 1st inducted into the Jets ring of honor, Keyshawn Johnson who was drafted by a 1st round pick or Wayne Chrebet who was undrafted . 

Those names you mentioned have participated in NFL training camps and even in some form of the scheme the Jets are about to institute . What will be new to a rookie will be something that those names have seen before .  It would be un-wise to underestimate those kids with such little as an obstacle in their path .

Maybe you're 10% right, but o love an underdog

Archived