Nate Burleson If Hackenberg plays above average he can win over Jets fans

Marshmello

23 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Anything above average will win us over.  We are a fan base that has to debate whether Sanchez or Pennington is our 2nd best QB.

There are valid points to both arguments. :P

It does sound bad when I read that line aloud, though. :(

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If I get bitten by a radioactive spider, I will develop superpowers. Perhaps call myself "SpiderBro."

Yeah but will you win over fans by just being an above average SpiderBro?

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah but will you win over fans by just being an above average SpiderBro?

It depends which of my 25 spider-mentors is able to impart upon me the secrets of where to place my left foot when I do spider things.

The only NFL Franchise where "IF" our QB is not totally sh*t, it's a Win. And our expectations are so low that anything above abysmal for the Jets is like having a Franchise QB. Jesus H, we need to seriously just lose for one of the top 3 QB's next year.

The only NFL Franchise where "IF" our QB is not totally sh*t, it's a Win. And our expectations are so low that anything above abysmal for the Jets is like having a Franchise QB. Jesus H, we need to seriously just lose for one of the top 3 QB's next year.

Right ... you must have been pre natal when Ryan Leaf came out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 minutes ago, jack48 said:

He is effectively a rookie. I think if he had an average season people would jump up and down

This hits it on the head.   He was over drafted, but let's all pretend he was drafted in the 4th round.  Let's develop him and see if he can start by mid-year and at least save the Jets from having to pay a Glennon 15mm while we try and draft a blue chop QB.  

Or maybe he turns out great, but he will need at least another year to be great.  

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We are a QB starved fan base but most of us won't fall for the Josh McCown Magic like many did with FitzMagic, McCown good guy but not leading this team anywhere. 

McCown is bad, but receivers seem to put up decent numbers with him under center, which is why he's popular among teammates. That goes a long way with Bowles, and Maccagnan might not mind seeing Ardarius Stewart and Jordan Leggett have a few big weeks here and there with McCown throwing the ball.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McCown is bad, but receivers seem to put up decent numbers with him under center, which is why he's popular among teammates. That goes a long way with Bowles, and Maccagnan might not mind seeing Ardarius Stewart and Jordan Leggett have a few big weeks here and there with McCown throwing the ball.

McCown is 18-42 career as an NFL starter. 

Not looking forward to a season of another slug QB under center for the NY Jets, enough already. 

Let the young guns play good or bad. 

On 5/26/2017 at 7:43 PM, Marshmello said:

Really excited about this years training camp.  Just to see if we actually have something with Hackenberg or not.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000810966/Nate-Burleson-If-Hackenberg-plays-above-average-he-can-win-over-Jets-fans

nothing wrong with being above average or even average for hack.  it means his offense is also average which is a damn sight better than it was last season.  it means they'll be putting up more than 350 points which could make for some seriously good watching if this defense gets itself together.  the thing to always remember it's a team sport and hack's performance is going to be highly dependent on the rest of the team.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:31 PM, NoBowles said:

Impossible! batesman and shane have spoken! The Hackenburg era is over, its a non starter, he sucks, awful, no chance of improvement, done. Time to move on. 

Inadvertently the Jets setting expectations low so Hackenberg won't feel the pressure to be great right away.

The Jets did their homework on this guy and came away with the thought that he was worth the risk. 

They knew about the bad footwork and what they needed to work on and felt it was fixable.  I hope they're right.

Everyone is speculating that he sucks because he didn't get on the field last year (and a few random reports from unnamed sources). 

The reality is that the Jets said from the beginning that 2016 was a redshirt year for Hackenberg.  This year we'll see what we have. 

Let's see if KC plays Mahomes this year after trading up to get him.  I say, no way unless an injury forces him to play. 

Jets are in it for the long term for maybe the first time in their history.  No more throwing big money at one year has-beens and not having any semblance of succession planning.

2 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Inadvertently the Jets setting expectations low so Hackenberg won't feel the pressure to be great right away.

The Jets did their homework on this guy and came away with the thought that he was worth the risk. 

They knew about the bad footwork and what they needed to work on and felt it was fixable.  I hope they're right.

Everyone is speculating that he sucks because he didn't get on the field last year (and a few random reports from unnamed sources). 

The reality is that the Jets said from the beginning that 2016 was a redshirt year for Hackenberg.  This year we'll see what we have. 

Let's see if KC plays Mahomes this year after trading up to get him.  I say, no way unless an injury forces him to play. 

Jets are in it for the long term for maybe the first time in their history.  No more throwing big money at one year has-beens and not having any semblance of succession planning.

Reasonable argument.  The flaw in it is you are assuming the same people who gave Mo Wilkerson an $86,000,000 contract, and Fitz a $12,000,000 deal , have a clue what they are doing.

Archived