Nate Burleson If Hackenberg plays above average he can win over Jets fans

Marshmello

On 5/26/2017 at 4:43 PM, Marshmello said:

Really excited about this years training camp.  Just to see if we actually have something with Hackenberg or not.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000810966/Nate-Burleson-If-Hackenberg-plays-above-average-he-can-win-over-Jets-fans

Thanks Nate.

He may/may not win over some fans with barely better than average play -- but that won't stop MGMT from drafting a QB at the top of 1 next year. He'd need to make a MONSTER leap... As in; he's the reason we're winning games. Short of that, Mac & co. can't afford to wait and see in 2018. 

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thanks Nate.

He may/may not win over some fans with barely better than average play -- but that won't stop MGMT from drafting a QB at the top of 1 next year. He'd need to make a MONSTER leap... As in; he's the reason we're winning games. Short of that, Mac & co. can't afford to wait and see in 2018. 

This year will be the battle of the future backup. Petty vs. Hack. I think Petty wins that battle hands down and Hack is cut after '17 season. In 2018, Mac drafts his franchise QB, fires Bowles, picks HIS head coach, and moves forward. McGowan or Petty will start in 2018 and the new kid will enter midway in the season. 

This year will be the battle of the future backup. Petty vs. Hack. I think Petty wins that battle hands down and Hack is cut after '17 season. In 2018, Mac drafts his franchise QB, fires Bowles, picks HIS head coach, and moves forward. McGowan or Petty will start in 2018 and the new kid will enter midway in the season. 

That's plausible for the most part. Only, I think Hack is probably better suited for back up duty than Petty. I'm through forecasting how good or bad Christian will be, we just have to wait-and-see. Assuming he doesn't become the next Joe Namath though, he's more likely to get better over time then Petty who I think will regress even more. He's been getting by on his arm for the most part and that will run its course. Hack may develop over the course of two or three years into a Matt Moore calibre back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/29/2017 at 11:10 PM, Paradis said:

That's plausible for the most part. Only, I think Hack is probably better suited for back up duty than Petty. I'm through forecasting how good or bad Christian will be, we just have to wait-and-see. Assuming he doesn't become the next Joe Namath though, he's more likely to get better over time then Petty who I think will regress even more. He's been getting by on his arm for the most part and that will run its course. Hack may develop over the course of two or three years into a Matt Moore calibre back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. A 2nd round pick for a perennial back up QB that will never see the light of day. Mac the Wack.

Archived