Don Yee set to challenge NCAA with league for 18-20 y/o players

AFJF

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some of these kids are as poor as they are talented, and the thought of getting 50K w/o the penalty that goes along taking them from a big school like Penn State, FSU, OSU, etc could sway them.

We'll see.

If nothing else, I hope the very idea of something like this encourages the NFL to get off their asses and find a way to better develop players.

Even if it's something as simple as allowing more padded practices when the new CBA is negotiated.

If they can't get something like that passed for every player, then you push the PA to allow it for any player still on his first contract so coaching staffs can get more time with the players who need it most.  If they balk at that, then you push for more time with guys on their rookie deals who played fewer than 50% of their team's snaps.

Just do something to improve the quality of the product.

Again some more cute thought. You believe that the NFL proper cares about the readiness of the players that come into their league?

If you want to do something in interest of the player, make contracts that are guaranteed if a player is cut or injured (like baseball). Have it not count against the cap in those circumstances.

If you wonder about the poor readiness of players stepping in, it is not the colleges that are the problem. It is the latest CBA, which has cut down on practice time, cut down on contact and cut done on how much time can be devoted to football. THAT is why you are seeing a reduction of player readiness. We all know it needed to be done to some degree, but that is the main culprit.

One further hint for you, the NFL loves being in bed with the NCAA they are 2 whoring factions that subsist off each other. And neither will do anything to change that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the average value of a FBS college scholarship is $36k with the high end being $42k

the only kids that will play for this league are the idiots and criminals who can't play college ball

can you imagine getting offers from alabama, ohio state, florida and USC and then going pro, losing your NCAA eligibility and then backing up for the nevada rattlesnakes?

ouch lol

just go to college, take the $144,000 scholarship and if you have to go to one of those QB gurus or hell just play lots of madden

29 minutes ago, Bugg said:

One of Mike Golic's sons played for the Brooklyn Bolts. They could not draw flies. After 2 seasons despite some NFL support the plug was pulled. If the NFL had any sense such a minor league might work and they could make money it would have happened already. 

Agree 100%

I really thought that the FXFL  was a great concept, and had a legitimate chance to make it as a minor league.  The NFL took a hard look at it as a minor league.  The costs of running the team were prohibitive.  One of my kids went to see a game and told me there were less then 100 people there.  This was in NYC in the fall.  Team had Marvin Jones as an assistant coach.  No one went.

If a team with proven NCAA players couldn't get any attendance in NYC for a fall league, I wonder how many people will attend games in Southern California in August.  To see high school kids play.  I went to a minor league baseball games in Florida on an August Sunday afternoon, Had to leave in the 4th inning the heat was unbelievable.

Yep a California summer league is going to draw millions.  I give it less of a future then the FXFL.   With out NFL sponsorship it has 0 chance to succeed.  The NFL has 0 interest in competing with the NCAA.  That's why NFL games are on Sunday.

Feel bad for the few shortsighted players that choose to play in the league instead of going to major programs.  When the league folds, they'll be hung out to dry .  

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

Very interesting stuff.  Yee has apparently been predicting the downfall of the NCAA for years now, so getting some heavy hitters lined up to start a league that will give top HS players the option of college or going to Yee's semi-pro league that will pay them up to $50k per season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/don-yee-bucks-system-ncaa-pacific-pro-football-article-1.3201543

At the NFL Draft, virtually all players selected come from college football programs.

Within two years, that may change.

A disruptive new professional football league, a corporate football factory that will pay players straight out of high school and build them up mentally and physically for an NFL career, is on the verge of launching. And when Pacific Pro Football hits the field next summer, it may not only put NCAA football as we know it on a path to extinction, but also change the face of professional sports forever.

The league is the brainchild of Don Yee, the sports agent who is best known for his work representing Tom Brady. Yee has spent a lifetime advocating for the rights of athletes. For many years, he’s been critical of the NCAA amateur-athlete structure, he’s advanced revolutionary ideas about how to better manage big-time college athletics, and in 2010, he penned an op-ed in the Washington Post in which he called for the NCAA to pay student-athletes once and for all.

In the same column, which, in retrospect, now stands as a guidebook for his current mission, Yee called for the development of “football corporations” that would bid on the rights to operate college football programs, rather than the universities doing it. He forecasted the eventual elimination of the NCAA, leaving schools to concentrate on education, while the football companies handled the big-business of college football.

Almost a decade later, Yee and his team are bringing these ideas to life with a semi-professional football league that will offer college-age athletes a choice they’ve never had before: either go to school, where you are forced to attend class and make grades, all while essentially living life as a minor-pro football player without getting paid; or join this new league, earn a salary and benefits, and learn how they really live and play ball at the NFL level.

“They’re being offered a place to go to get better at their craft,” Yee told the Daily News. “However, Pacific Pro Football will also encourage them to think about their path in life outside of football.”

As part of that, PPF plans to create a network of internships and academic or vocational programs that will be made available to players, “if they choose to take that path,” Yee said. The bottom line is they will be treated like adults, will be encouraged to make their own decisions, and forge their own journey from amateurism to professionalism, both on and off the field.

First, the basics. PPF will consist of four teams to start play next summer, all based in Southern California and all owned by the league. They will play an eight-game season through July and August in mid-sized municipal stadiums, capped by a championship game, all before the NCAA and NFL seasons kick off.

The league hopes to eventually expand to other football hotbeds in Texas, Florida, the Midwest, and perhaps internationally. But that may be years down the line.

Players will earn an average salary of $50,000 for the summer, complete with benefits. They will also be eligible for worker’s compensation packages and lifetime benefits in the event they suffer a career-ending injury, which is just one of several elements Yee wants in place to protect his athletes.

By comparison, if a college football player suffers a career-ending injury, he will likely lose his scholarship, which is really just a one-year contract with a school anyway, and essentially be out on his own.

This is just one of the many differences that exist between the NCAA and PPF.

Currently, there is a chasm between the college game and pro football. Yee says they are essentially two different games, with different rules, timing, and even a different ball. The result is that when players come out of college, there is a steep learning curve when they transition to the NFL. His league aims to blunt that sharp contrast and better prepare athletes with pro-style coaching and a daily schedule that more closely mimics the NFL lifestyle.

“There’s no doubt in my mind they will be better prepared and will know what to expect,” Yee said. “They’ll know what the standards are at the next level, what the schedule is, what the expectation is, what the work ethic necessary is, as well.”

PPF promises to take that task head on, all with an eye toward empowering and protecting its athletes. Yee has been in the business of defending athletes for decades, and he plans to craft his league around the same idea.

“It’s significant,” he said. “I’ve been in and around professional sports my entire life. I have a lot of respect for players and coaches and people behind the scenes that help create the product of entertainment for the rest of us. Football is a very violent sport. I feel it can be presented differently, in a safer way, and one that really respects the contributions of the players and coaches.”

To make the game safer, Yee is toying with similar ideas implemented at the Senior Bowl, where one-on-one play is encouraged through rules changes that eliminate blitzing. Yee also wants to make sure all players get in the game to diversify the injury risk.

“I believe there can be rules changes, game presentation changes that are made that can make the game safer,” he said.

Players are expected to come from several places: either straight out of high school, from community college, or from established NCAA programs. The only restriction is they must be between 0 and 3 years removed from high school to conform with NFL draft eligibility standards.

“I think for some players, they might choose Pacific Pro Football as an option in lieu of the college game or some players might use it in combination with the college game,” Yee said. “So I see us as filling a niche and being a good option and choice for players to consider.”

Yee assembled a high-powered group of advisors to get the league off the ground. His advisory board currently consists of sports and political heavyweights, including former NFL coach Mike Shanahan; Mike Pereira, the former VP of NFL officiating turned Fox Sports analyst; Jim Steeg, who organized the Super Bowl and other special events for the NFL for more than 20 years; and Steve Schmidt, a political analyst and Republican strategist who ran John McCain’s presidential campaign.

“We live in an era of disruption,” Schmidt says in a video posted on the Pac Pro website. “We see it in companies like Uber and Airbnb, and so, when you look at football, which I think is America’s pastime, and you look at the opportunity in Southern California for there to be a development league to create choice and give options to young players, young men looking to play professional sports, it’s an exciting concept and one I think is overdue.”

So what took so long for something like this to develop? The NCAA has been criticized for years for the way it exploits athletes and the market has certainly been there for even more football to consume throughout the year.

According to Yee, there are three reasons why it’s never been done before.

“The existing institutions are significant and entrenched and have played important roles in the industry,” he said. “The other reason why is there’s been tremendously effective marketing of the game to players, coaches, fans that the current system is the only system and the best system.”

The third reason why now is the perfect time for something like this has to do with the recent explosion of media content providers outside the traditional broadcast networks that have had a stranglehold on the distribution of NCAA and NFL football games.

Pac Pro games could end up being televised by the likes of Amazon or Hulu or Netflix as modern media consumption habits continue to evolve into something much different than we’ve seen. We live in an era where football games were broadcast live on Twitter last season, so looking forward, anything is possible, including the idea of watching a semi-pro football league on your phone (and tracking player performance as it relates to fantasy games or even straight-up gambling).

“I like the word expansion,” Yee said, shying away from Schmidt’s characterization of the league being a disrupter. “I think we expand the industry by filling a needed niche. I think we help the industry by creating more jobs. I think we can also help the industry by trying new ways of doing things, such as doing things that are geared toward player safety.”

The ideas are all in place. Now Yee just needs to find investors.

Due to “securities regulations,” he said, Yee declined to say much more than they are speaking to a “variety of parties.”

But three years ago, Yee wrote another column for the Washington Post, in which he forecast the demise of the NCAA at the hands of exactly what he is currently building. In that story, he proposed “rich and ambitious innovators” like Larry Ellison and Mark Cuban have the ability to create a “new league, stocked with talent between the ages of 18 and 20.”

Sounds familiar.

Cuban did not respond to a request for comment, but if Yee’s other predictions he clearly laid out over the last decade are coming to fruition, it would not be out of the realm of possibility that a guy like Cuban, and many others, would be willing to come aboard to fund PPF.

More telling, Yee wrote in that 2014 column:

“Every previous sports business similar to the NCAA model has died. Major League Baseball players once had no free agency; their contracts could be renewed year after year after year, without negotiation. NBA players once had to wait four years after high school to enter the league, even though their skills demanded otherwise.

“Oppression can only last so long,” he wrote. “The NCAA is about to find this out.”

That time is coming sooner than you think. And perhaps the end of the NCAA as we know it officially kicks off next summer.

Let's send Hackenberg to it.

On May 28, 2017 at 4:41 AM, AFJF said:

Correct.  Players will get exploited one way or the other, but one way pays them for these services legally while protecting them from long-term injury fallout and improves the NFL product.  I hope it works.

The top  players at the top schools would be taking a pay cut, to play in this pro league .    If you don't think the creme of the crop players aren't getting paid, than you might be a candidate to become an investor in this  new pro developmental league.

Let stop blaming the colleges , and giving NFL teams Front office a pass for bad drafts. ( Teams are as good as they draft).

Really a terrible idea.  I can see the angle that colleges are getting fat and that the players should be compensated but this will simply end up having just a sh*t ton of guys who at the age of 30 are workingman a warehouse rather than possibly using a degree.

I personally believe the only way for a league like this to work would be if it was created and run by the NFL itself. It could still be an alternative to college ... and being run be the league itself may give it deference to the corrupt college system we currently have ... where the importance of winning has supplanted the need to train these young men how to play NFL football.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'd love to see a developmental league akin to what the Aussies have with the AFL/VFL, but it's a very different game and VERY different fans.

Oh, and a big fat lol at those who are pounding the table about these college players receiving an education... talk about naive. The education is an afterthought.

5 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I'd love to see a developmental league akin to what the Aussies have with the AFL/VFL, but it's a very different game and VERY different fans.

Oh, and a big fat lol at those who are pounding the table about these college players receiving an education... talk about naive. The education is an afterthought.

Yeah it is an afterthought and each high school star thinks he is going to be a big time pro, when in fact their chances are slim.  If these guys are  in essence forced to get a college education they are FAR better off than otherwise.  The 95% of these guys that will never ever play pro at the end of the day might at least have a piece of paper to give them a leg up in the world rather than nothing.

16 minutes ago, the Claw said:

For 1.5% it is. For the other 98.5 % it isn't. 

Would you pass up on a full boat free ride to notre dame or Stanford to go pro at the age of 18?

Yeah it is an afterthought and each high school star thinks he is going to be a big time pro, when in fact their chances are slim.  If these guys are  in essence forced to get a college education they are FAR better off than otherwise.  The 95% of these guys that will never ever play pro at the end of the day might at least have a piece of paper to give them a leg up in the world rather than nothing.

you are looking through the wrong lense (the players) ... if you switch and look at it through the NFLs perspective you will see that a better product could come from a developmental league dedicated to NFL style play.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I personally believe the only way for a league like this to work would be if it was created and run by the NFL itself. It could still be an alternative to college ... and being run be the league itself may give it deference to the corrupt college system we currently have ... where the importance of winning has supplanted the need to train these young men how to play NFL football.

It would have been a better idea to fund the FXFL, which was a great idea to let QB's develop while under some type of commitment tag to NFL teams.  QB's are really the only ones that are badly affected by the spread O's colleges run.  

The NFL is the real reason schools run the simplistic, one read spread.  The truly talented QB's , are really only available to the colleges for 1, tops two seasons.  The players desire to get to the NFL, and the BIG money, pushes them to leave college prematurely, often hurting their chances to develop into franchise QB's.  The colleges just don't have enough time with them to install sophisticated pro set O's.  

When the under developed QB's get to the NFL they quickly discover they are ill prepared to deal with NFL D's, and only have 10 days of non-contact drills with NFL coaches before they are thrown into the fire, and become busts.

The solution to this isn't rocket science.  Two solutions, or a combination of the two.

1)  Do away with the CBA rule that stupidly limits the amount of time an ambitious young QB can spend with the coaches.  IMO a lot of these young QB's would love to move into the team training facility the Monday after the draft to start working on their teachable skills.  The CBA rule is intended for only two reasons, a) to prevent NFL teams from having the unwilling players work a full schedule like a regular person, and b to protect veterans from hard charging young guys taking their jobs.

2) to fund a league like the FXFL to allow young, under contract QB's, to develop in the pro system with out undue pressure from fans or media.  NFL just rejected the FXFL because no fans were interested.  They are certainly not going  to fund a league of High school kids to play in 100 degree heat in southern Calif.

This new league is about one thing.  Mr Yee fleecing some investors out of millions of dollars.  The only players that will be interested to play for chump change, that is actually less then what the NCAA is offering tax free, are guys that have serious criminal records, and very bad attitudes, or guys that won't put the time in to pass the simple courses that is required for NCAA jocks.  Fans are not going to go sit in sweltering heat to watch unknown HS kids play

On 5/28/2017 at 4:41 AM, AFJF said:

Correct.  Players will get exploited one way or the other, but one way pays them for these services legally while protecting them from long-term injury fallout and improves the NFL product.  I hope it works.

This is not sustainable.  worse than social security.  If they have 20 guys go down a year with lifetime benefits they will be bankrupt.  If they are bankrupt the kids get nothing. 

46 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

This is not sustainable.  worse than social security.  If they have 20 guys go down a year with lifetime benefits they will be bankrupt.  If they are bankrupt the kids get nothing. 

The more I think about it, the more I agree that it won't work.

However, two things come to mind.

1) Will players be asked to give a portion of their NFL salary to the league if they make it?  Since Yee is an agent and used to getting a percentage of NFL contract money, maybe he dumps some of that into his new league to keep it afloat.

2) Yee represents Brady, who is from SoCal and where they plan on starting the league in two years.  Will Brady be involved and work as a "recruiter" once he's retired?

For 1.5% it is. For the other 98.5 % it isn't. 
Would you pass up on a full boat free ride to notre dame or Stanford to go pro at the age of 18?

Don't know where you're getting these percentages from, so I'm just going to chalk those numbers up to... well, nothing.

And... how many full ride scholarships do you think are out there? Especially at Stanford or ND? You don't honestly think that the whole Stanford football team are on full scholarships... right? Because plenty of times I hear guys saying that preseason players are just inches away from "flipping burgers." Pray tell how a graduate from Notre Dame would be flipping burgers as plan B.

So to answer your question, if I was Andrew Luck, I probably would go for the scholarship, but if I was the third string CB/gunner, then I'd be inclined to go get paid to play football. There's plenty of time to go get a degree if you really want one, but not much time to make money playing football.

23 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Don't know where you're getting these percentages from, so I'm just going to chalk those numbers up to... well, nothing.

And... how many full ride scholarships do you think are out there? Especially at Stanford or ND? You don't honestly think that the whole Stanford football team are on full scholarships... right? Because plenty of times I hear guys saying that preseason players are just inches away from "flipping burgers." Pray tell how a graduate from Notre Dame would be flipping burgers as plan B.

So to answer your question, if I was Andrew Luck, I probably would go for the scholarship, but if I was the third string CB/gunner, then I'd be inclined to go get paid to play football. There's plenty of time to go get a degree if you really want one, but not much time to make money playing football.

so stats don't matter, but you hear things ?

cool

lol

This guy Yee is pulling his pud.  I could see a D league but nothing what he us talking about.  In places like Eugene, Oregon (go Ducks) or Lincoln, or Tuscaloosa or Ann Arbor.... college football is a secular religion.  The money and facilities and coaching is at the highest level. You don't just replace 55 thousand fans screaming their lungs out with aomething else. Boostars and coaches work on these kids all year to commit.  And it's a year round cartel. Just like the NFL!

if you are good enough to coach in the NFL, you are not coaching the reno roughnecks

if you are good enough to coach in the NCAA, you are not coaching the sacremento stars

if you are good enough to be a private QB guru you are not coaching the san jose hawks

so who is coaching these kids ? 

If they are openly declaring war on the NCAA, where are they playing ?   what TV network will cover it ?

really all you need to know is it is the idea of a bloodsucking agent, lol

claw you have it backwards.  the gunner should do anything possible to get the degree.  andrew lucks family could have actually paid for him to go to stanford
http://www.scholarshipstats.com/football.html
129 teams, 15,000 scholarships
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/estimated-probability-competing-professional-athletics
1.5%

Thank you for clarifying those percentages, so your 1.5% are players that go pro from NCAA.

It's still neither here nor there when it comes to scholarships, though. The majority of student athletes don't get full rides, so they're on the hook for a good amount of tuition. In 2013 the average div 1 athletic scholarship was only around 14k. Many of those athletes don't give a damn about the diploma or the amount of work it takes to get one. They want to play football. Why would they pay money to an institution they don't care about, get harassed about grades and other things they don't care about, just to get a piece of paper that is just as effective if you get it ten years down the road on your own terms when you can get paid to play football now? And there's still potential to get on an NFL roster if you play well. Hell you could play for that minor league team as long as you still can perform even if you don't go to the nfl.

Sure, maybe in your eyes I have it backwards (it's true that I don't particularly value a college education as much as most-- the American Dream is a bunch of bs), but I'm sure in the eyes of MANY of these players, it would make a lot of sense to get paid a decent wage to do what they're good at. Short sighted, perhaps in your eyes, but I think you need to get what you can when you can. A degree from the university of Phoenix doesn't put you at much of a disadvantage compared to a degree from Michigan State. 3-4 years of earning beats 3-4 years of accumulating debt.

This guy Yee is pulling his pud.  I could see a D league but nothing what he us talking about.  In places like Eugene, Oregon (go Ducks) or Lincoln, or Tuscaloosa or Ann Arbor.... college football is a secular religion.  The money and facilities and coaching is at the highest level. You don't just replace 55 thousand fans screaming their lungs out with aomething else. Boostars and coaches work on these kids all year to commit.  And it's a year round cartel. Just like the NFL!

The problem is that it's a different product altogether. It's a failure at the collegiate level. It's a different game. Nothing like the NFL.

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The problem is that it's a different product altogether. It's a failure at the collegiate level. It's a different game. Nothing like the NFL.

Baseball develops it own talent.  So I've got no problem with letting the NFL do the same.  They can still have a decent developmental league by increasing the draft pool or by signing more UDFA to contracts.  The Ducks didn't become dominant until they dropped the pro style offense anyway.  It doesn't bother me if 5  Ducks get drafted by the NFL or if 5 get picked up by the CFL.  If I have to choose college ball over the NFL, I wouldn't even wait a second.  College football means more to the average small town American who doesn't live near a pro team.   You're more into whether your 4 star or 5 star recruits are going to make an official campus visit.

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Why is it a failure at he collegiate level.?  They pack stadiums, put a great product on the field.  NCAA football isn't very popular in the NY area, but in the rest of the country it's a religion.  It is tremendously successful.

That's like saying if your a vegan that McDonalds is a failure. 

12 hours ago, the Claw said:

The majority of student athletes don't get full rides, so they're on the hook for a good amount of tuition. 

Football players get full ride of tuition (or at least the majority of them do). Football gets to give out 85 scholarships for its team. This number means that the majority of your roster are getting full rides. Now, some players will be given "preferred walk on status", where they have a chance to play, and a chance to earn a scholarship. But they know that walking in.

You must have it confused with all NCAA sports, where there are not full scholly's, nor is everyone receiving them. Baseball for instance, gets 11.7 scholarships for the team. This means very rare athletes get a full scholarships, and many only get .5 a scholarship and some get none at all.

Football is the flag bearer though.

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Football players get full ride of tuition (or at least the majority of them do). Football gets to give out 85 scholarships for its team. This number means that the majority of your roster are getting full rides. Now, some players will be given "preferred walk on status", where they have a chance to play, and a chance to earn a scholarship. But they know that walking in.

You must have it confused with all NCAA sports, where there are not full scholly's, nor is everyone receiving them. Baseball for instance, gets 11.7 scholarships for the team. This means very rare athletes get a full scholarships, and many only get .5 a scholarship and some get none at all.

Football is the flag bearer though.

Football is the money earner, and in a lot of colleges pays for the entire athletic program of sports that don't have many fans.   

Why is it a failure at he collegiate level.?  They pack stadiums, put a great product on the field.  NCAA football isn't very popular in the NY area, but in the rest of the country it's a religion.  It is tremendously successful.

i must not have made my point clearly ... i was trying to say ... if the point is to prepare college ball players for the NFL ... that effort has
been and abject failure.

i must not have made my point clearly ... i was trying to say ... if the point is to prepare college ball players for the NFL ... that effort has
been and abject failure.

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

been and abject failure.

That is NOT the objective. There are programs, and high school players know which ones they are, that prepare players for pros better than others.

The NCAA is not made to be a farm system for the NFL. Laugh or not, it is there to provide educational opportunities to prospective student/athletes so that they can continue to do something love, while at the same time preparing them for a way to make a living after they hopefully graduate.

They do not cater to the 1-1.5% that ultimately become pros. Nor is it their job to. They guide them in the process, but the process is not created for them.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

been and abject failure.

Well, the only one who really suffer are the QB's, and they do,  but there are certainly much easier ways for the NFL to overcome that then trying to unseat an extremely  popular sport

That is NOT the objective. There are programs, and high school players know which ones they are, that prepare players for pros better than others.

The NCAA is not made to be a farm system for the NFL. Laugh or not, it is there to provide educational opportunities to prospective student/athletes so that they can continue to do something love, while at the same time preparing them for a way to make a living after they hopefully graduate.

They do not cater to the 1-1.5% that ultimately become pros. Nor is it their job to. They guide them in the process, but the process is not created for them.

Thank you ... you are making my point ... the very reason why there is a use for a program like this. A program for guys who are likely to go pro .. and want to concentrate on that aspect of their career development alone. A place that prioritized development for the pro game.

43 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Thank you ... you are making my point ... the very reason why there is a use for a program like this. A program for guys who are likely to go pro .. and want to concentrate on that aspect of their career development alone. A place that prioritized development for the pro game.

As a high school senior, maybe there are 20 players at the very most (and I am being generous with that number), that are "can't miss" pro prospects at that time.

Ther fall out rate of "can't miss" guys that are 18 years is as steep as it is of "can't miss" college players.

This is not a science. It is very, very difficult to project young "men" and what their athletic future may be.

What this type of league will do, for anyone that chooses to participate, is put their futures at further risk. Bad idea all the way around 

Baseball does this already. Kids are offered scholarships and MLB teams draft them anyway.  If the signing bonus is large enough, they can hone their craft while having plenty of $$$ to attend college on their own terms when/if they want to.  Major difference is that no one goes to minor league games really and it is subsidized by the big leagues.  Will there be a market for these games that are going to be played in the summer, prior to NFL and College seasons?  Who am i kidding, of course i would check it out during the summer.  Giving these kids options is great, the rules in place for scholarship athletes are too stringent imo.

On a side note... In a thread about college there are a sh*t-ton of grammatical and spelling errors lol kind of ironic :P

On 5/28/2017 at 5:04 PM, Bugg said:

There was him, Herschel Walker, Earl Campbell, Bo Jackson and....that's about it.Okay, Jim Brown and LT too; so that's roughly 6 guys in 75 years.

Zeke Elliot, Adrian Peterson, there have been others. 

Archived