Clear as mud

SickJetFan

With the 1st OTA in books and public to all the beat reporters prying eyes what was missing?

We got nauseating detail on Hack misfire and McCown prowess

We got questions on why prior skipped

We got how good Decker looked and sprinkle a little ASJ fluidity.

Well what about the OL in absence of Beachum how did they line up? I gleaned from a 5 sec clip on day 1 that Qvale was at RT with winters, Wesley, and Carp...but I could not make out LT. ..so how were they lining up in field 1 and who was getting the majority of reps where?  You would think one of these hacks would take their eyes off Hack for a second to take note? Aside from QB it is a pretty important area where it is not clear how they will start.

What about OLB? Ditto above....we have good idea Jenkins will have prominent role but how were they lining up on other side?  Was lemoneir or donahue getting any reps with ones?

I realize these practices are almost meaningless but you can almost predict how awful the reporting will be.

26 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

With the 1st OTA in books and public to all the beat reporters prying eyes what was missing?

Well what about the OL in absence of Beachum how did they line up? I gleaned from a 5 sec clip on day 1 that Qvale was at RT with winters, Wesley, and Carp...but I could not make out LT. ..so how were they lining up in field 1 and who was getting the majority of reps where?  You would think one of these hacks would take their eyes off Hack for a second to take note? Aside from QB it is a pretty important area where it is not clear how they will start.

What about OLB? Ditto above....we have good idea Jenkins will have prominent role but how were they lining up on other side?  Was lemoneir or donahue getting any reps with ones?

I realize these practices are almost meaningless but you can almost predict how awful the reporting will be.

You are right. The hacks don't provide important team and football based information because they aren't sensationalistic stories. They are way more interested in the items you mentioned and Sheldons 15 reasons. 

The O-lines performance imo will define how this goes the writers gravitate towards what will generate headlines and garner the most page views. A story about the O-line will get some interest but if the writer was able to notice something he can write about that the other 50 reporters didn't then the article will generate much more love from his/her editor.

Sports reporters aren't putting a whole lot of effort, originality, depth,  or intilect into their work.  Hack overthrows one sideline pass and it is the headline of every story after first day of OTAs because it fits the narrative they have all previously decided upon. It's not just the Jets reportwers either. Good luck finding a Giants story not about OBJ.

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

it's still only may.  let's see what they do in july/august when they really need to start playing.  and right now the morons like manish are just writing to hear themselves talk.

1 hour ago, 20andOut said:

Sports reporters aren't putting a whole lot of effort, originality, depth,  or intilect into their work.  Hack overthrows one sideline pass and it is the headline of every story after first day of OTAs because it fits the narrative they have all previously decided upon. It's not just the Jets reportwers either. Good luck finding a Giants story not about OBJ.

You know how the Jets could have prevented the already absurd coverage of every Hackenberg pass, and help reduce the pressure Hackenberg feels as a result? They could have played him the last three games of the 2016 season, and they could stop restricting media access to him this year.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know how the Jets could have prevented the already absurd coverage of every Hackenberg pass, and help reduce the pressure Hackenberg feels as a result? They could have played him the last three games of the 2016 season, and they could stop restricting media access to him this year.

Playing him last year with limited practice time, before he's ready and behind a team that was imploding would have proven nothing other than the sojf narrative that hack isn't any good. 

Either way, the media narratives are meaningless. All that matters is performance and Hack will get plenty of pt in OTA's, mini camp and preseason to either succeed or fail. All this other stuff is just white noise. 

He showed a little flash last year in preseason but will obviously need to show a lot more this year to get any of us excited. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Actually the Jets drafting a guy who had to be stored in a lead-lined concrete sarcophagus last year and attempts all of his practice throws from behind a folding screen is fake media bias

16 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Well what about the OL in absence of Beachum how did they line up? I gleaned from a 5 sec clip on day 1 that Qvale was at RT with winters, Wesley, and Carp...but I could not make out LT. ..so how were they lining up in field 1 and who was getting the majority of reps where?

Not a lot of interest in what the offensive line is doing in non-contact drills. I'm sure that will be more of a storyline in training camp. 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Spot on T0m Shane. The NY media over rates itself and sometimes let their personalities over ride what they should be writing about. Rich Cimini is always looking for a punchline to add to ANY Jets story he writes because he is a hater. I hope the HC is smart enough to let the kid play. I say start Hackenberg from day one, let him take his lumps and learn or show himself unable to handle the job.

53 minutes ago, slats said:

Not a lot of interest in what the offensive line is doing in non-contact drills. I'm sure that will be more of a storyline in training camp. 

actually i would be interested even in non-contact as they usually work things out a lot faster than most position groups since the line has to work on language and blocking schemes which are done a lot without even lining up against a defense line.

I am most interested where they line Shell up as I suspect they will try him at LT.

Archived