The NBA Finals

HessStation

18 hours ago, thadude said:

Durant's wussification is way worse than Lebron's in 2010 was though

Nope, Durant was never built up to be the 'savior' or 'king' of anything. If Harrison Barnes has a better finals the year before, we wouldn't be talking about Durant. I don't blame Durant leaving OKC you don't win with a guy like Westbrook. Durant made a business decision and it worked out. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2017 at 5:32 PM, rillo said:

Nope, Durant was never built up to be the 'savior' or 'king' of anything. If Harrison Barnes has a better finals the year before, we wouldn't be talking about Durant. I don't blame Durant leaving OKC you don't win with a guy like Westbrook. Durant made a business decision and it worked out. 

They're both bitches.  And I think you're splitting hairs if you're trying to figure out which player pulled the biggest bitch move. 

LeBron and the decision and everything that transpired was one of the most pathetic moments in the history of sports so for that reason alone, I dont think there will ever be a bigger bitch when it comes to this type of behavior.  In his situation, the Cavs were trying to build around him.  They were failing but there was an attempt and LeBron was the GM.  LeBron is also an outspoken, poor sport, dbag when it comes to the game and it's impossible to ignore that aspect so it makes his decision seem like the bigger bitch move just because of who he is.  

OKC on the other hand, just kept ******* up everything around KD.  And a lot of it was despite KD's request who is nothing like GM LeBron..  Ibaka > Harden was absolutely moronic.  Never trying to move Westbrook or actually get a player to compliment KD that you can actually win with was just shocking.  They tore down everything around KD and forced him to play with a psychopath that has no idea what team ball means. 

Both pulled mega bitch moves...I think one is at least somewhat likable when the other is just simply one of the least likable superstars ever. 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What if Lebron and KD are actually really good dudes who suffer from being raised in a bubble because they were basketball gods by the time they were 14? 

I've said many times, I think LeBron is a good dude off the court. While I think he's mostly self absorbed and immature, he's socially conscious and understand he's more than a Basketball player.  I respect that about him.  And while KD is definitely a little more quiet, less self absorbed and not as out spoken, he too seems like a good dude off the court.

That said, LeBron the basketball player is unlikable as any athlete in history.  KD I never had a problem with till this punk move.  LeBron?  He's great and I should love watching him but he makes the sport unwatchable with his antics.  As much good as he's done for the league, he's also one of the biggest reason the NBA is a piss poor product. .

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What if Lebron and KD are actually really good dudes who suffer from being raised in a bubble because they were basketball gods by the time they were 14? 

Had this discussion so many times since a few years after The Decision. It's not shocking the way that schleps on the internet armchair quarterback these guys, it's the actual gall to hold oneself to the same standards.

Like yeah, I'm sure he looks at things through the same eyes that you, strange overweight internet man that peaked in little league and now wholesales towels to Target and Walmart. I'm sure your tales of high school glory totally put you in a position to correlate to his own actions. That's exactly how people work. A grown man that has literally been international front page news since high school thinks and gages situations the same way everyone else does.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I mean this could be said of every big time athlete. Is Arod a bad person?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Ha. Griffin fired. Chauncey Billups in. Interesting move there by Lebron- wonder what spurned it. 

I mean who knows, but if Lebron is pushing for Melo...jeeze that would be great. Not sure if a Love Melo swap works salary wise.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

I mean who knows, but if Lebron is pushing for Melo...jeeze that would be great. Not sure if a Love Melo swap works salary wise.

The Knicks need to get rid of Melo but why on Earth would you want Kevin Love?  Not only is his contract even worse but he's a far worse player and cancer I mean Lebron has been considering leaving Cleveland the last three years just to get away from him

Archived