Main Reason Bowles and Macagnan have to be fired after next season

thadude

Let's say the impossible dream happens we go 1-15 and have the #1 pick:

Why on earth would Sam Darnold come here?

The Head Coach is clueless.  The GM stinks.  The owner doesn't care anymore and is inept.  This is a totally dysfunctional organization.

Darnold is a Junior.  He could simply stay for his senior year and before you say that can't happen Matt Leinart, also a USC Qb, did that 10 years ago.  Darnold can also demand a trade like Eli Manning did.

We need a new regime in 2018 or you won't get Darnold.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, thadude said:

The Head Coach is clueless.  The GM stinks.  The owner doesn't care anymore and is inept.  This is a totally dysfunctional organization.

Darnold is a Junior.  He could simply stay for his senior year and before you say that can't happen Matt Leinart, also a USC Qb, did that 10 years ago.  Darnold can also demand a trade like Eli Manning did.

You do realize that ANY team that has a top pick means they were shatty right? if a kid coming out of college says he only wants to play for a playoff caliber team then he is also saying he doesnt wanted to get drafted early. is it possible that he turns into a prima donna and wants to pick his team? yes entirely possible...but if he pulled that shyt would you really want that kind of "leader" here anyway? That wouldnt be an indictment of Bowled and Macc, that would be insight into the kids personality. Stop just making up excuses to hate the team in place. We dont need that, there are already enough legitimate reasons. 

I don't think Darnold would risk injury and go back to college for another year. It's like giving someone a winning lottery ticket and asking them to not cash it in for a year. I'd take the money and run, even if Satan himself drafted me.   

39 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

You do realize that ANY team that has a top pick means they were shatty right? if a kid coming out of college says he only wants to play for a playoff caliber team then he is also saying he doesnt wanted to get drafted early. is it possible that he turns into a prima donna and wants to pick his team? yes entirely possible...but if he pulled that shyt would you really want that kind of "leader" here anyway? That wouldnt be an indictment of Bowled and Macc, that would be insight into the kids personality. Stop just making up excuses to hate the team in place. We dont need that, there are already enough legitimate reasons. 

Yea it's not like John Elway and Eli Manning lobby to go to particular teams out of college

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

Yea it's not like John Elway and Eli Manning lobby to go to particular teams out of college

You can read right? I said is it possible, yes? Did I not? Is it likely? NO....since there are only 2 examples of this in the many years of the draft then clearly it isn't a "likely" scenario. It's more likely that your ridiculous scenario is just that............ridiculous.

and neither Elway nor Eli did it for the reasons you referenced. 

2 hours ago, thadude said:

So now we're worried if a 2018 draft pick may or may not want to play for the Jets, why don't we let the 2017 NFL and college season play out before we start worrying about 2018. 

4 hours ago, thadude said:

I don't know about that. No matter when he comes out, he is going to a crappy team. Good teams don't normally pick that high. And although the Jet fans like to complain, there are worse franchises to get stuck with. Not many have the market that the Jets do; many haven't smelled the playoffs in over a decade.

Either way, these guys want to be the #1 pick. Of course they can choose to stay in school, but they could get hurt, have a crappy year, etc. They want to cash out on top. Manning was different in a different era - I doubt that would happen again. Elway wouldn't play for the owner because he was a pr***k - not because the team sucked.

If Darnold is the guy and the Jets have the #1 pick, he will still come out and he will be happy to be drafted by them....

5 hours ago, thadude said:

So let me get this straight.  He WON'T come here to be the #1 overall pick to make MILLIONS of dollars if Mac and Bowles are here after going 1-15, but he WILL come here after the team goes 1-15 and there is the 3rd GM in 5 odd years and the 3 coach in the same time frame?  OOOOO----KAY.

18 hours ago, thadude said:

This doesn't make much sense to me. The jets play in the biggest market, which is what many of those pre-Madonnas are looking for when they tell a team not to draft them. 

Also, if the owner is clueless what makes you think that firing the current guys for new ones will change anything when it's the owner who's making that decision that's still part of the equation. 

The fact that fans want to draft a USC qb 1st overall is just as inept if that's the case. Darnold has no choice where he will be drafted, and if he were to pull something like that and we draft him anyway then trade him to where careers go to die....Cleveland? Is he going to say that he won't play? 

Also, if he's viewed as the consensus 1st overall pick, you think he's going to pass that up in order to play for free in college with everything now stacked against him from falling from #1 the following draft to possible injury?

C'mon

17 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

You can read right? I said is it possible, yes? Did I not? Is it likely? NO....since there are only 2 examples of this in the many years of the draft then clearly it isn't a "likely" scenario. It's more likely that your ridiculous scenario is just that............ridiculous.

and neither Elway nor Eli did it for the reasons you referenced. 

Darnold isn't playing for a head coach like Bowles and with a roster built by Macagnan.  That's career suicide

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This doesn't make much sense to me. The jets play in the biggest market, which is what many of those pre-Madonnas are looking for when they tell a team not to draft them. 

Also, if the owner is clueless what makes you think that firing the current guys for new ones will change anything when it's the owner who's making that decision that's still part of the equation. 

The fact that fans want to draft a USC qb 1st overall is just as inept if that's the case. Darnold has no choice where he will be drafted, and if he were to pull something like that and we draft him anyway then trade him to where careers go to die....Cleveland? Is he going to say that he won't play? 

Also, if he's viewed as the consensus 1st overall pick, you think he's going to pass that up in order to play for free in college with everything now stacked against him from falling from #1 the following draft to possible injury?

C'mon

Strongly doubt it will happen, but it is very possible for various reasons that he decides to stay in school, and face a weaker QB class in the draft in 19

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Strongly doubt it will happen, but it is very possible for various reasons that he decides to stay in school, and fice a weaker QB class in the draft in 19

Let's see sunshine, babes and I'll still get to make millions the following year while not being set up to fail by the worst GM/HC combo in the nfl

oooookay

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Strongly doubt it will happen, but it is very possible for various reasons that he decides to stay in school, and face a weaker QB class in the draft in 19

The possibility is there, but the probability, especially being considered the #1 pick in my eyes kills that possibility. 

19 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

I am still waiting for your first positive post 

People don't realize that when you make by a negative comment about a GM that has has a negative impact on the team it then becomes a positive. Basic arithmetic. A negative times a negative = positive. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Let's see sunshine, babes and I'll still get to make millions the following year while not being set up to fail by the worst GM/HC combo in the nfl

oooookay

And what if he stays in school and tears up his knee. Do you think he's still getting millions?

Well luckily for Darnold, if he doesn't like the front office make up that is in place next April, it will probably change soon after. Look back at most of the QBs drafting number 1 or even 2, how many years after making that selection was the head coach still there? Goff and Mariota - less than 1 season Winston - 1 season. I'm too lazy to go back further, but the majority of these coaches that make these picks who are not in the first year coaching the team, do not last.

35 minutes ago, Powpow said:

People don't realize that when you make by a negative comment about a GM that has has a negative impact on the team it then becomes a positive. Basic arithmetic. A negative times a negative = positive. 

If you say so 

21 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Is this a baseless rumor, wishful thinking or does it have a tinge of reality to it?

Although some teams are maintained as family dynasties, I don't see Woody doing that.   Teams then sell when the owner passes away.  He is not getting any younger.  My guess is that he sells the team before he completely deteriorates.  That could be awhile though.  

The only way to explain the situation rationally is that this is really year 1.   For 2015 and 2016, Mac and Bowles were really trying to salvage the End of Tanny/Idzik mess and sell tickets.  So they are on a short leash rebuild.   Bowles gets fired if he coaches stupidly and loses control of the lockerroom.  Mac could get fired if his draft picks look completely awful.  If Hack plays worthy of cutting, that could do it.  

21 hours ago, thadude said:

Assuming he plays well enough to be number one overall and the Jets were in that spot I could give you 28-30 million reasons why Darnold would want to join this team.

He would be going to a struggling franchise no matter WHAT in that scenario, unless he's not to keen on going to NY/NJ or has some sentimental reason to stay in USC I don't think he's gonna turn down being a well paid franchise QB just because a team is bad. In fact that would be the expectation.

18 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

So let me get this straight.  He WON'T come here to be the #1 overall pick to make MILLIONS of dollars if Mac and Bowles are here after going 1-15, but he WILL come here after the team goes 1-15 and there is the 3rd GM in 5 odd years and the 3 coach in the same time frame?  OOOOO----KAY.

i suspect if they go 1-15, bowles is a goner.  there are only so many losses a coach can excuse on the team being young, inexperienced, yadda yadda.

Archived