It's An Exciting Time To Be A Jets Fan

neckdemon

37 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

True. But this is now a VERY YOUNG and GREEN team that has NO VALIDATED veteran leadership by a player who has been in the NFL for more than 5 years. I expect UGLY football and LOTS of metal mistakes and gaffes. 

Ditto but I expect to see the team rapidly evolve through the season, the new Leaders will step up and we'll see what the CS is made of for teaching situational football, not expecting anything spectacular I just want to see improvement in things like ball security over the course of the season.  Its the nice thing with a bunch of talented young people.  They all hungry and in a way naive is the word as they haven't been around and jaded by certain things about the league.  They can mold these guys, outside of Petty for the most part Macc has really focused on super young rookies.  I'm hoping to see a few surprises this year.  Honestly things are getting more interesting for me personally, I like to see them progress and get better (some get worse too of course)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, nicg4360 said:

If hack wins more than 5-6 games with this roster he just might be the answer..that's just to much to ask. Mac's not doing our young QBs any favours.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

I would have to say that the organization knows Hack and Petty are absolutely not the answer.  If any front office in the league felt that the 2nd Year player had a chance to be their starting QB, they don't cut all their OL and WRs.  You do everything to help in their development.  What we've done would stunt the development of every QB in the league.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Ditto but I expect to see the team rapidly evolve through the season, the new Leaders will step up and we'll see what the CS is made of for teaching situational football, not expecting anything spectacular I just want to see improvement in things like ball security over the course of the season.  Its the nice thing with a bunch of talented young people.  They all hungry and in a way naive is the word as they haven't been around and jaded by certain things about the league.  They can mold these guys, outside of Petty for the most part Macc has really focused on super young rookies.  I'm hoping to see a few surprises this year.  Honestly things are getting more interesting for me personally, I like to see them progress and get better (some get worse too of course)

I admire your optimism, but all these moves and the mutterings of Bowles leads me to believe that ALL ties w/EVERYBODY will be cut after 2017. There's a rift b/t the CS and FO and usually the CS is the one to go. Bowles is a lame duck.

I'm usually more optimistic, but the chess moves are already in motion and as a STH who has paid $ to see this team live, I'm not feeling it. 

48 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

True. But this is now a VERY YOUNG and GREEN team that has NO VALIDATED veteran leadership by a player who has been in the NFL for more than 5 years. I expect UGLY football and LOTS of metal mistakes and gaffes. 

They had mental mistakes and gaffes with veterans playing, it's time for the young leadership to take over - Leo, Adams, Enumwa, 

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I would have to say that the organization knows Hack and Petty are absolutely not the answer.  If any front office in the league felt that the 2nd Year player had a chance to be their starting QB, they don't cut all their OL and WRs.  You do everything to help in their development.  What we've done would stunt the development of every QB in the league.

EXACTLY. 

Decker and Harris would have been the veterans on the field who would help provide a solid role model for the younger players on how to do it the RIGHT way. They could have helped develop the younger players in a way coaches probably can't from a player preparation perspective. Now it's the likes of Quincy Enunwa, Sheldon Richardson, and . . . . . ?:blink:   as the team veterans, I'm not inspired by that notion. 

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's not the PSL where you'll get screwed, it's the $200-$700 Ticket/game price that will be JACKED up as soon as this team shows any semblance of wining football, let alone playoffs. 

Otherwise more of those Club PSLs would be moved. They are HORRIBLE value already as is, and they just got exponentially worse. 

I got mine at .075 on the dollar I'm good, all it takes is for ANY Team to get a franchise QB, and nobody will be complaining about the price of a PSL when that Franchise QB pulls a Carr in 2020 (minus the broken leg late in the season).

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

They had mental mistakes and gaffes with veterans playing, it's time for the young leadership to take over - Leo, Adams, Enumwa, 

I see that to an extent, but just not sold on it yet. I feel very ambiguous about how this whole day has progressed for Jets football in 2017. 

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

EXACTLY. 

Decker and Harris would have been the veterans on the field who would help provide a solid role model for the younger players on how to do it the RIGHT way. They could have helped develop the younger players in a way coaches probably can't from a player preparation perspective. Now it's the likes of Quincy Enunwa, Sheldon Richardson, and . . . . . ?:blink:   as the team veterans, I'm not inspired by that notion. 

replace Sheldon with Leo and Adams and I'm excited to see things build from the ground up.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I got mine at .075 on the dollar I'm good, all it takes is for ANY Team to get a franchise QB, and nobody will be complaining about the price of a PSL when that Franchise QB pulls a Carr in 2020 (minus the broken leg late in the season).

I'm not talking about PSL Licenses. I'm talking about how those club PSLs Gameday Ticket prices will soar from their already bloated, yet unfounded, value of $300-$700 PER GAME. I can also blow $6,000 - $14,000 a year (2 tix for example) on the Jets for those seats, but I work for my money and see that as HORRENDOUS value. Glad you're happy, but don't be surprised at the sticker shock if the Jets DO become winners; heck, Woody raised Tix once they FINALLY had a wining season in the new stadium. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fully agree!  A real rebuild.  It's about time! 

In truth this is the first time since the 1960's that the Jets have been a full rebuild like this.  IMO it has never happened before for this team in the post 1980's.

And for that alone it is Amazing!!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth this is the first time since the 1960's that the Jets have been a full rebuild

Enter season with same stupid coach and general manager as last two years. Thunderous applause for 'full rebuild.' Woody can't throw a rock without hitting a greater fool. Must be nice.

7 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

EXACTLY. 

The lack of leadership is what bothers me about these cuts over all the others.  Enunwa was effective when Marshall was being doubled.  When teams started covering him with better corners, he disappeared.  Don't get me wrong, I love his potential but he's not there yet.  And relying on him as a #1 guy will be disappointing.  About the only chance thus has at being successful is if Stewart, Anderson, and Hanson turn out to being great.

It should bother every single fan of this team that of all the Vets we've cut, Wilkerson and Richardson are still part of this team.  Not only part of the team, but but leaders by default.

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm not talking about PSL Licenses. I'm talking about how those club PSLs Gameday Ticket prices will soar from their already bloated, yet unfounded, value of $300-$700 PER GAME. I can also blow $6,000 - $14,000 a year (2 tix for example) on the Jets for those seats, but I work for my money and see that as HORRENDOUS value. Glad you're happy, but don't be surprised at the sticker shock if the Jets DO become winners; heck, Woody raised Tix once they FINALLY had a wining season in the new stadium. 

Then I just resell the PSL for MUCH more then I paid for it, the Giants PSL's are doing just fine, and are resold at almost original price, and not many even being sold, win, and raise prices higher then I'd like NP, but I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy watching from the stands with a franchise QB at the price I KNEW I was getting myself into per year.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't own PSLs but I'm guessing the payment was due last week. 

I don't know either.

I bought my PSLs in 129 in January on the secondary market for $0.0625 on the dollar.

I do know the drop dead date on unpaid ST invoices is this Thursday.

Friday is the day to call about upgrades.

This is like getting into the stock market in 2008.

Let's hope we see the same returns. 

15 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth this is the first time since the 1960's that the Jets have been a full rebuild like this.  IMO it has never happened before for this team in the post 1980's.

And for that alone it is Amazing!!!!

I have to say the 1995 team that started 5 new OL, four of which were not NFL caliber players and a complete rebuild of receivers and secondary would qualify as a full rebuild.

25 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I admire your optimism, but all these moves and the mutterings of Bowles leads me to believe that ALL ties w/EVERYBODY will be cut after 2017. There's a rift b/t the CS and FO and usually the CS is the one to go. Bowles is a lame duck.

I'm usually more optimistic, but the chess moves are already in motion and as a STH who has paid $ to see this team live, I'm not feeling it. 

Can't blame you as a STH.  Its easy for me to say what I said because I'm watching at home and also watching several other games at the same time.  I still don't think there is a rift between the CS and FO imo.  I think Bowles definitely lost a battle today but that's all it is imo.  I can't knock any of this though because I have asked for it for the last couple years.  The Jets are finally doing a full rebuild and it will be ugly for a bit or with some luck only a short season or 2.  Hang in there, you guys are the lifeblood and I hope you see something of value by the end of preseason to help get you out of bed early on a Sunday to get to that stadium.  

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Can't blame you as a STH.  Its easy for me to say what I said because I'm watching at home and also watching several other games at the same time.  I still don't think there is a rift between the CS and FO imo.  I think Bowles definitely lost a battle today but that's all it is imo.  I can't knock any of this though because I have asked for it for the last couple years.  The Jets are finally doing a full rebuild and it will be ugly for a bit or with some luck only a short season or 2.  Hang in there, you guys are the lifeblood and I hope you see something of value by the end of preseason to help get you out of bed early on a Sunday to get to that stadium.  

THAT is the real struggle when you know there is NOTHING to look forward to. This past November and December of the 2016 season was EXACTLY that. Shameful and roughing the winter elements when IT WAS NOT WORTH it. 

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

THAT is the real struggle when you know there is NOTHING to look forward to. This past November and December of the 2016 season was EXACTLY that. Shameful and roughing the winter elements when IT WAS NOT WORTH it. 

That's why you go Club Seats ?

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That's why you go Club Seats ?

touche. 

Oh I still get in there  :D - Lexus Club - the entire security and hospitality staff know me by name since 2010, I just don't "pay" for actual seats in that lounge area, but am permitted to take advantage of the concessions and free snacks. 

41 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You were wishing death upon people saying this exact thing like 48 hours ago.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I have to say the 1995 team that started 5 new OL, four of which were not NFL caliber players and a complete rebuild of receivers and secondary would qualify as a full rebuild.

Interesting but I think that team had Boomer as QB and as such was way way better than McCown at the most important position on the field.  The turnover at significant positions is a valid point but the fact that the Jets had a quality veteran QB makes all the difference IMO.

For instance Boomer's presence permitted Chrebet to properly develop.

Also the presence of Mo Lewis, and other Linebackers and CB and safeties were also proven on that team.  Whereas they are really unknowns or subpar players on our current team. Only the DL is better now but even then in 1995 you had Marvin Washington and Hugh Douglas two very good players on that DL at that time.

I understand what you are saying but I really think that Kotite had a real say in why that 1995 team stunk and that it wasn't seen as a rebuild like we are seeing now.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You were wishing death upon people saying this exact thing like 48 hours ago.

Oh you and your silly mid-western assumptions. :lol: 

It was the mentality I hope dies off, the bodies would just be collateral damage. I'm still in remorse over Harris really and thought Decker would have been ideal to help groom the young WRs, but it is what it is. 

I'll be fine once TC rolls around, but it's just temporary frustration, not the loser mentality others are immersed in. 

At least I don't have to buy the NFL season package this year.  First time I won't have watched the Jets every Sunday in a long time.  I mean honestly, what's the point?  If Hack or Petty starts I might tune in, but it's going to be a wiped season.

7 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm still in remorse over Harris really and thought Decker would have been ideal to help groom the young WRs, but it is what it is. 

???‍??do you have to be so negative can you just TRUST in the FO their not stupid omg #hater this soj mentality makes me sick can't wait until the real FANS refuse accept STAtemenTS like this anymorE ???

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

???‍??do you have to be so negative can you just TRUST in the FO their not stupid omg #hater this soj mentality makes me sick can't wait until the real FANS refuse accept STAtemenTS like this anymorE ???

:lol: Let your true petulance and trolling show. Can't let go of a comment I made in a reply to another poster that never involved you and others wanted to take offense to, huh? I guess you need something to make yourself feel superior and good about. :rolleyes:

I hope you have a lovely day and continue striving for cheap laughs. :D

Archived