No QB, O-LINE OR RECIEVERS

Jetfan13

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am sure you would be happy with a guy like EJ Manuel or Christian Ponder or Jake Locker also because they are QBs and therefore better than Adams. Maybe the smart move is to pass on question marks like Watson/Mahomes and instead draft a sure thing in Adams and have some patience to get your stud QB next year when just about every scout will tell you the QB class is far more talented. 

Personally I think we should pass on a QB every year until we get one with no question marks, which is a thing that will definitely happen. Probably next year

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Personally I think we should pass on a QB every year until we get one with no question marks, which is a thing that will definitely happen. Probably next year

Next years QB's are perfect in every way.  They're all locks to be franchise QB's.  

Until someone starts talking about the 2019 class who is wayyyyy more dreamy.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah, and why not draft a QB in every round of every draft based on your logic?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Next years QB's are perfect in every way.  They're all locks to be franchise QB's.  

Until someone starts talking about the 2019 class who is wayyyyy more dreamy.

Except no one has talked about a class of QBs like this in a long time. But you know better than the experts....

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Except no one has talked about a class of QBs like this in a long time. But you know better than the experts....

Yes.  It's going to be historic.  But just wait for Jacob Eason aka Tarzan to come on to the scene.  Teams are going to be like, nah, Safety this year, Tarzan next year.

9 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Yet despite the purge there will be people here who will tell us that Petty and Hackenberg suck.

I would love to know how this QB is gonna have any kind of success without any WR's and a bad O-Line ?

In typical Jets fashion you just know that Darnold will blow out a knee this year at USC. 

I will tell you now.  They suck. 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Agreed but I dont trust Mac for one second.  He'll take Ryan Leaf and Browns will get Peyton Manning. 

Like Tim Couch? The Browns will pass on Darnold and Rosen.  They took DeShone Kizer.

21 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

No Oline? Alright there are some questions at Tackle, namely whether or not shell can keep up his solid play from late last year and if Beachum can return to form. But our guards are just fine and Johnson did fine in relief at center.

WR's are unproven and the QB's are... yeah... I'll grant you that. But I don't think the O-line is gonna suck NEARLY as bad as people think it will.

"just fine"

21 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Look at the bright side, we as Jet fans will have a lot of free Sundays to watch the Pats and Giants compete for the next SB. Although OBJ is such a d*ck he may (hopefully) F that up ...

Why do you think the Giants are some kind Super Bowl favorite?  Marshall and Geno push them over the top? 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd say 3 of 5 the 5 are sure fire 1st round, even top 10 talents.  Those same 3 of the 5 are also easily better prospects than Watson and it isn't even close.  If Josh Allen ups that completion %, it's 4 of the 5.

Does being a 1st round QB mean that much to you?  Most of them suck. 

34 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Watson better than Darnold, Rosen, Allen?  Better at what? Running a run and shoot offense? Yea but this is the NFL where arm strength, accuracy, vision, running a pro style offense are critical ingredients to succeed. 

What if Darnold only hits 53 mph?

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I will tell you now.  They suck. 

Like Tim Couch? The Browns will pass on Darnold and Rosen.  They took DeShone Kizer.

"just fine"

Why do you think the Giants are some kind Super Bowl favorite?  Marshall and Geno push them over the top? 

Does being a 1st round QB mean that much to you?  Most of them suck. 

What if Darnold only hits 53 mph?

What if I hit you at 53 mph.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

These are the same experts who hyped up guys like Ryan Leaf & Jamarcus Russell 

2 minutes ago, Powpow said:

What if I hit you at 53 mph.

Darnold is going to go #1 next year

Its the same thing as Jameis Winston.  Winston had a bad statistical year in 2014 but years earlier everyone knew he was the best qb coming out that year and he was

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What do we have to lose?

If the Jets used their first 5 picks on the QBs that went after their picks in 2016, they wind up with Lynch, Hack, Brisset, Dak, and Hogan. Figure they cut Hack and Hogan in camp and that leaves them with Lynch, Dak, and Hogan to evaluate for the 2016 season. That's a better situation than having Lee, Hack, Jenkins, Burris, and Shell.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If the Jets used their first 5 picks on the QBs that went after their picks in 2016, they wind up with Lynch, Hack, Brisset, Dak, and Hogan. Figure they cut Hack and Hogan in camp and that leaves them with Lynch, Dak, and Hogan to evaluate for the 2016 season. That's a better situation than having Lee, Hack, Jenkins, Burris, and Shell.

Hack > Dak

46 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am sure you would be happy with a guy like EJ Manuel or Christian Ponder or Jake Locker also because they are QBs and therefore better than Adams. Maybe the smart move is to pass on question marks like Watson/Mahomes and instead draft a sure thing in Adams and have some patience to get your stud QB next year when just about every scout will tell you the QB class is far more talented. 

Ponder and Locker came out with Cam Newton and Andy Dalton.  Four of the top twelve picks in that draft were QB.  Three of them outright suck and Locker is out of the league.  That was a "good" draft for QBs.  Even in the historic '83 draft included Tony Eason, Ken O'Brien and Todd Blackledge.  Eason and O'Brien were okay, but I don't think anybody is willing to tank for them.  Do you think anybody would have been happy passing on Jim McMahon for Todd Blackledge?  

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Franchise RT.  Franchise ILB.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Waht about safeties tho

• 2 weeks later...
No Oline? Alright there are some questions at Tackle, namely whether or not shell can keep up his solid play from late last year and if Beachum can return to form. But our guards are just fine and Johnson did fine in relief at center.
WR's are unproven and the QB's are... yeah... I'll grant you that. But I don't think the O-line is gonna suck NEARLY as bad as people think it will.

Not to be funny but how are wrs unproven and qbs not? Petty had ups and downs last season in the few games he got to start and hack has never taken a real nfl snap.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Not to be funny but how are wrs unproven and qbs not? Petty had ups and downs last season in the few games he got to start and hack has never taken a real nfl snap.

Sorry, I was vague there, mostly because its a beaten horse topic. Hack and Petty are unproven, we're agreed. I just can't argue with the overall cynicism towards that position, that was what I was going for there.

I still contend that the O-line will be better than expected.

Sorry, I was vague there, mostly because its a beaten horse topic. Hack and Petty are unproven, we're agreed. I just can't argue with the overall cynicism towards that position, that was what I was going for there.
I still contend that the O-line will be better than expected.

For better or worse I think the whole team will be better than expected I fear that by week 6 when the forum realizes we aren't getting the number one over all pick it will get violent here.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, thadude said:

Darnold is going to go #1 next year

Its the same thing as Jameis Winston.  Winston had a bad statistical year in 2014 but years earlier everyone knew he was the best qb coming out that year and he was

Didn't Winston win a national championship

12 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

For better or worse I think the whole team will be better than expected I fear that by week 6 when the forum realizes we aren't getting the number one over all pick it will get violent here.

If we win more than 3 games then Bowles is the coach of the year. This Roster is dog shiit outside a few players.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:20 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Cool 3 young QBs being evaluated without a starting right tackle, and a defense short a starting CB and a 2 LBs. These guys could be replaced but certain assets would have to be used to replace them, draft picks or cap space. Since you used picks on QBs assume you have to overspend on average talent at those positions especially since OLB and CB are expensive positions. 

Lynch was just bad and I don't like him as a prospect, Hogan is promising tho you can call him and Hack a wash, and Dak is good a QB whose success is tied to having a team with an amazing oline, RB, and top 15 defense. So I don't really think your statement is correct in fact you've made it so that the team would have more holes and less cap space.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, flgreen said:

Think I'll survive.

I'm also a college football fan, so there will be exciting Saturday afternoon's and evenings

I live in South Florida.  

Go Canes. I also live in S. Fla, Boca, where might you be?

Archived