Could the Jets qualify for the College Football BCS playoffs ?

OH THE PAIN

27 members have voted

1. 1. Could the Jets qualify for the College Football BCS playoffs ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Does it really matter at this point
    • Is Tim Tebow still available ?

imo this is one of those foolish arguments that come up every year.  like could the uconn women's team beat the uconn men's team or could a top men's basketball team take on the nets or the sixers.  the answer is a resounding no.  the level of play in the nfl is just that much higher on even the worst teams.  oh i suppose a top college team could score some points and might even make it interesting but they wouldn't win.  the nfl is full grown men.  the college teams are barely out of their teen years.

The Jets are in total rebuild mode. Let's if the fans and media who talk the talk can walk the walk and let Mac see this through. If he is fired after this season, then this was a waste. He needs time to rebuild through the draft.

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Jets are in total rebuild mode. Let's if the fans and media who talk the talk can walk the walk and let Mac see this through. If he is fired after this season, then this was a waste. He needs time to rebuild through the draft.

If he is fired after the Jets go 1-15, and Darnold is considered the next cant miss prospect there will be no shortage of GM's, and HC's wanting to sign up for this job with all the young talent already in place on the D side of the ball, and young franchise QB handed to you on a silver platter to build your offense around.

Well in 1969 The Jets came perilously close to losing against the college all-stars in the annual Chicago College all-star game.

The won 26-24

I think the annual game was abandoned a few years later.

54 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo this is one of those foolish arguments that come up every year.  like could the uconn women's team beat the uconn men's team or could a top men's basketball team take on the nets or the sixers.  the answer is a resounding no.  the level of play in the nfl is just that much higher on even the worst teams.  oh i suppose a top college team could score some points and might even make it interesting but they wouldn't win.  the nfl is full grown men.  the college teams are barely out of their teen years.

Don't look now but most of the Jets roster are only a few years older than that. Alabamas defense would destroy our offense. Our defense would probably neutralize their offense. 6-3 Bama. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Don't look now but most of the Jets roster are only a few years older than that. Alabamas defense would destroy our offense. Our defense would probably neutralize their offense. 6-3 Bama. 

This isn't a serious post, is it?  You're being facetious, right?

Best moves the NEW YORK JETS have ever done are being done this moment.  Getting old expensive players out is what you do when you are rebuilding.  Did these old players gave us good years (sure they did) but it is time to see what the young group can do and now is the best time to move forward.  Support the team if you're a fan and stop posting doltish comments.  Go JETS ....

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not a ******* chance in hell they could beat FSU or Bama.  They have more NFL players on their roster than the Jets.

Bu;ll sh*t... They would crush any college team... I hate this debate... basically the best talent from college goes to the NFL and magically a College team could beat an NFL team... As much fun as everyone has poking fun of the Jets, These players are good enough to be drafted into the NFL from ALL COLLEGE Teams... There is no way that even Bama has enough talent on their roster to beat even the Kotite Jets. 

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Bu;ll sh*t... They would crush any college team... I hate this debate... basically the best talent from college goes to the NFL and magically a College team could beat an NFL team... As much fun as everyone has poking fun of the Jets, These players are good enough to be drafted into the NFL from ALL COLLEGE Teams... There is no way that even Bama has enough talent on their roster to beat even the Kotite Jets. 

Bama and FSU have more legitimate NFL talent than the NY Jets. 

It's kinda fun to joke about how bad the Jets are, because what else we got?

But if you seriously believe that there is even a single college football team that can hang with the worst of NFL teams, you are too stupid to be even classified as homo sapien.

15 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Francois or Hurts against an NFL defense . Yikes. Their offenses might not get a first down all game.

13 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

If you think Deondre Francois or Jalen Hurts could beat the Jets defense you really have 0 fate in this defense.

I was really just ******* with people because I knew it would elicit some funny responses.  That said, I do think that the talent on Bama and FSU are damn near the talent level on the Jets.  Between the 2, they're going to put what a dozen players into the 1st and 2nd rounds next year?   They pumped out 9 last year and FSU didnt have single 1st rounder.  But that will change next season for sure.   Both teams are absolutely loaded.  Which is going to make for an awesome game come Sept. 2.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was really just ******* with people because I knew it would elicit some funny responses.  That said, I do think that the talent on Bama and FSU are damn near the talent level on the Jets.  Between the 2, they're going to put what a dozen players into the 1st and 2nd rounds next year?   They pumped out 9 last year and FSU didnt have single 1st rounder.  But that will change next season for sure.   Both teams are absolutely loaded.  Which is going to make for an awesome game come Sept. 2.

Will be an exciting CFB season for sure.. #1 dual threat in the 2018 class Justin Fields is the favorite to go to your Gators after decommiting from Penn St yesterday .. he looks like the real deal !

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Will be an exciting CFB season for sure.. #1 dual threat in the 2018 class Justin Fields is the favorite to go to your Gators after decommiting from Penn St yesterday .. he looks like the real deal !

I know!!!!  That was exciting news in Gator Country.  I'm cautiously optimistic in Felipe Franks but Fields is the real deal. 

Archived