will you got to the games?

kmnj

so even though mac and co say the team is not in tank mode-we know they are- will you go to the games this  year? Since this is a total re build it is in our best interest to loose every game. Can you go to a game cheer them on knowing each time they win it sets back the franchise even further?   If not for spending time with my father , I would have just walked away from it all this year but the 40 years of attending games together makes it very tough to do.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so even though mac and co say the team is not in tank mode-we know they are- will you go to the games this  year? Since this is a total re build it is in our best interest to loose every game. Can you go to a game cheer them on knowing each time they win it sets back the franchise even further?   If not for spending time with my father , I would have just walked away from it all this year but the 40 years of attending games together makes it very tough to do.

Are you an English Major ?

I had a few trips planned this year.  Tampa, Miami, Home vs. Jax.  

Probably cancelling all the above.  Except Miami.  Staying with friends, free tickets, etc.  We'll see, there is a slight chance I go.  Or I tell my friend to take me fishing instead.  The later would be more exciting even if we didnt catch anything.  

without a doubt. At this point the fun is seeing IF any of these young players that have been thrusted into titular roles can step up and demonstrate they BELONG in the NFL and whether this CS can 1) Develop young raw talent and 2) actually show improvement or we'll see a new coaching regime by February '18.

I thought the Browns were a fun team to watch last season even thou they only won 1 game.  The Jets were unwatchable since 2015 for me, now with sh*tzpatrick gone I'm excited to watch this team again even if McCown is under center for some games, or more.

Been going for over 30 years and will continue going this season. In some regards I'm more stoked to see what the young roster can turn into , especially as the season evolves. One thing which could dampen my enthusiasm is if McCown is handed the starting job and keeps it throughout the season.

Will try to get to home opener if my son's sports schedule permits.  Otherwise I'll be attending the empty stadium games 2nd half of the season.  Those are usually fun anyway.  Empty lot, plenty of tailgate space, leave at halftime, etc.

I am sure attendance will drop, but Woody is a business man and most likely looks at the longer term. Consider which will bring in more money...

1. The Jets held onto their vets. Paid out the money and the Jets go 6-10 this year; next year they miss out on the #1/#2 QBs and the next 2 years they go 6-10/9-7. How many tickets/PSLs does he sell?

2. The Jets suck this year, go 1-15 and loose a lot of ticket sales (except for maybe visitors) and PSLs, but the Jets draft the #1 QB next year and the #1 WR the year after. Even though the team isn't likely going to the SB in the next 3 years, how many tickets/PSLs does he sell next year and the year after?

My guess is the 3-5 year money number is BETTER with a sh*tty season this year (even including the Time Value of Money). Take PSLs, if someone has been paying in for years and walks away, sure, he looses this year's PSL money, but they he gets to resell the PSLs next year again. So, he could have already recouped 20-60% of the PSL and then he gets to turn around and resell them. Sure, in the short term (other than saving salary) he looses out this year, but he more than makes up for it in years 2 and 3.

If Hack looks like he might be something special, I will likely go to a game. If not, I have redzone to distract me from the 2017 trainwreck. Or maybe I will tape UCLA/USC/OK St/Wyoming games and watch them at 1PM on Sunday to see what we have to look forward  to. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I had a few trips planned this year.  Tampa, Miami, Home vs. Jax.  

Probably cancelling all the above.  Except Miami.  Staying with friends, free tickets, etc.  We'll see, there is a slight chance I go.  Or I tell my friend to take me fishing instead.  The later would be more exciting even if we didnt catch anything.  

If you are cancelling for tampa you owe me five whole dollars, the hookers are non refundable...

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Hack looks like he might be something special, I will likely go to a game. If not, I have redzone to distract me from the 2017 trainwreck. Or maybe I will tape UCLA/USC/OK St/Wyoming games and watch them at 1PM on Sunday to see what we have to look forward  to. 

I've been Youtubing UCLA, USC and Wyoming games since Monday. 

52 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've gone to at least one game every year for 20+ years. Sometimes I go to 2-3. This feels like a "one" kind of year.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Been going for over 30 years and will continue going this season. In some regards I'm more stoked to see what the young roster can turn into , especially as the season evolves. One thing which could dampen my enthusiasm is if McCown is handed the starting job and keeps it throughout the season.

do you root for them to win knowing winning hurts the rebuild ?

No one's going to go to the games. Then Woody will get all pissy and fire everyone, and the next GM will flush another hundred million dollars on guys like Mike Wallace and Trumaine Johnson and everyone praising Maccagnan for doing "a true rebuild" today will be praising the next idiot for "bringing in veteran leaders who know how to win." Round and round and round we go wheeeeeeeeee

Once the game is on I always root for them to play well and win. It's just not in my nature to root for them to lose. But that doesn't mean it isn't the smart thing and that I can sit here in the offseason and say I hope we have the number 1 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No one's going to go to the games. Then Woody will get all pissy and fire everyone, and the next GM will flush another hundred million dollars on guys like Mike Wallace and Trumaine Johnson and everyone praising Maccagnan for doing "a true rebuild" today will be praising the next idiot for "bringing in veteran leaders who know how to win." Round and round and round we go wheeeeeeeeee

Carson Palmer bridging the gap to Josh Rosen (who needs a red-shirt season) is going to be amazing. 

i just renewed my tickets and moved down to the second row.  (first row was not available!)

this was not a smart thing to do.  honestly i am pretty sure that i should have saved my money and just bought a PSL in the secondary market next year in the location closer to the 50.  save the $5k.

how much do club seats on the sideline cost per game? that's what i want.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

they were suppose to release all the seats from PSL holders not ponying up tomorrow but they extended the deadline by another week.

i think there is going to be mass defections if this team goes 4-12 this year and gets the 5th pick.

10 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

of course. cheap tickets.

This.  If I'm flying over from England, I better be finding some deals for Coach Club tix.

29 minutes ago, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Goodbye to my usual upper deck row 25 seats, hello much better seats!

I'll meet you in the coches club for a drink :)

Actually, if you wanna fly out from Dublin, I can try to pop over there for a coupe drinks before we head to NY :thumbup:

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

Macc is down at Florham Park like...

:P

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

i just renewed my tickets and moved down to the second row.  (first row was not available!)

this was not a smart thing to do.  honestly i am pretty sure that i should have saved my money and just bought a PSL in the secondary market next year in the location closer to the 50.  save the $5k.

how much do club seats on the sideline cost per game? that's what i want.

Good move, but did you consider row one?

sorry :)

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

In my mind the rebuild has nothing to do with the win/loss record. For me its purging the roster of older overpaid players and putting a young leadership core in place that can be built around. Could this year be ugly, quite possibly , but I'm really excited to see the young players hopefully develop. 

And for certain I'm not one of tank guys as I'll never root for my team to lose. 

Archived