Are the Jets actually tanking for a....

Villain The Foe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think necessarily Darnold. There are at least three promising prospects which kind of increases the likelihood that one of them proves to be worth the #1 pick. Plus some other upside guys.

Since there's nowhere else to put this - I am concerned that they're potentially bringing in a young QB and have pretty serious long-term questions on the OL. Can't shore all of that up in one draft.

all i can say is don't get your hopes up. it just doesn't makes sense to do a complete overhaul and still retain the current management.  i'm not a bowles hater by any means but considering the investment in this team plus the fact of how fast things can turn around does it make sense to keep the mac/bowles tandem in place? it think the only way this works is if bowles is a much better coach than he is being given credit for.  i'm glad it's not my money though.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

all i can say is don't get your hopes up. it just doesn't makes sense to do a complete overhaul and still retain the current management.  i'm not a bowles hater by any means but considering the investment in this team plus the fact of how fast things can turn around does it make sense to keep the mac/bowles tandem in place? it think the only way this works is if bowles is a much better coach than he is being given credit for.  i'm glad it's not my money though.

The other way it works is if the team develops a core of young leadership which negates the BS that has gone on the past 3-4 years. I also believe Bowles is part of that problem but I also feel he's been fighting battles on every front, with too many dissenting voices on both sides of the ball . Lets see what happens if this team can stay united. I think guys like Leo, Enumwa, Adams can step into leadership roles and IF either of the two young QB's emerge it may be the makings of great revival. At the least it sets them up for a better future than with older aging vets . 

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

USC quarterback? 

Here's a link, actually 2 links. Enjoy the links and the eventual tank job. #ScamForSam :dohslap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_starting_quarterbacks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145424/article/alt-ranks-most-spectacular-usc-qbs-in-nfl-history

haven't you heard? Cutting harris and decker is because they believe in hackenberg so very  much

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

USC quarterback? 

Here's a link, actually 2 links. Enjoy the links and the eventual tank job. #ScamForSam :dohslap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_starting_quarterbacks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145424/article/alt-ranks-most-spectacular-usc-qbs-in-nfl-history

i've said the same.  darnold may be the qb of the future but usc seems to turn out a whole bunch of glamor guys who do nothing in the nfl.  and that kid rosen does seem to have his head screwed on too straight.

Similar to many discussions over the years...Winston or Mariota?  Leaf vs Manning?  Eli and Rivers?  Who knows who the eventual best player will be.  The questions in my mind...can the Jets FO identify the right one?  Will they be in a position to acquire the said "right one"?

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Similar to many discussions over the years...Winston or Mariota?  Leaf vs Manning?  Eli and Rivers?  Who knows who the eventual best player will be.  The questions in my mind...can the Jets FO identify the right one?  Will they be in a position to acquire the said "right one"?

no, yes

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Woody already said he's on board with this plan. Performance won't be judged by wins/losses but how players play and if there's progress. 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And just for fun:Screenshot_20170607-233026.jpg

Don't fight it @Villain The Foe.  Kid is more Carson Palmer than Leinart or Sanchez.

No the kid is more Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.  Not the best athlete, not the best arm, BUT his Intangibles, Compete level, Leadership, and Dedication is off the charts!

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

And just for fun:Screenshot_20170607-233026.jpg

Don't fight it @Villain The Foe.  Kid is more Carson Palmer than Leinart or Sanchez.

lol. You got me there! 

I'll say this, im pretty much just kicking up dust to numb that low feeling that is our Jets fandom right now. If Darnold capitalizes and has another awesome season I may consider it. USC just scares me though. That school has literally produced nothing at the QB position. Granted, Palmer is by far the best QB to come out of that school and he's had an up and down career himself. 

It is easy to see that the kid has talent though, no denying that. Nice work on the pic, looks like our offensive line is doing a real "bang up" job on the quarterback!

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No the kid is more Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.  Not the best athlete, not the best arm, BUT his Intangibles, Compete level, Leadership, and Dedication is off the charts!

Was focusing more on the other "USC QB" comps.  Was trying to simply say that I believe he's gonna be great, ala Carson :).

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol. You got me there! 

I'll say this, im pretty much just kicking up dust to numb that low feeling that is our Jets fandom right now. If Darnold capitalizes and has another awesome season I may consider it. USC just scares me though. That school has literally produced nothing at the QB position. Granted, Palmer is by far the best QB to come out of that school and he's had an up and down career himself. 

It is easy to see that the kid has talent though, no denying that. Nice work on the pic, looks like our offensive line is doing a real "bang up" job on the quarterback!

I have a soft spot for Carson.  I think his whole career would have been different if it wasn't for that awful knee injury (TWICE).  Maybe even a championship or two.  If Darnold can be like a healthy Carson in the pros, the team fortunate enough to get him will be fine.

24 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Also, adding on to your compliments, what impresses me most about the top guys is their ability to play under pressure and beat the blitz.  Here are numbers for Darnold and Mason Rudolph under pressure:

DA2Mjb9V0AAWhTa.jpg

That is some great stuff.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have a soft spot for Carson.  I think his whole career would have been different if it wasn't for that awful knee injury (TWICE).  Maybe even a championship or two.  If Darnold can be like a healthy Carson in the pros, the team fortunate enough to get him will be fine.

If we get a QB anywhere close to Carson Palmer status he'll be the best QB we've had since Namath. 

Never want to compare a QB to Namath directly, just two different era's and stats to go with it. Also, we seen what 1 outlier year from Fitz can do when it comes to "great QB seasons" in Jets history. We've been THAT deprived at the position. 

I know many love him and some hate him, but man we were really, REALLY close with Pennington. That shoulder injury really f'ed us over. He was our version of Alex Smith, minus the 7 year start Alex needed. If Penny didnt injure his shoulder and he was our QB during Rex first 2 seasons we would have seen a superbowl and may have even got one. 

Damn, now I feel like sh*t again! lol. 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Was focusing more on the other "USC QB" comps.  Was trying to simply say that I believe he's gonna be great, ala Carson :).

I'm saying when it's all said, and done comparing him to Carson will be an insult to Darnold.

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Palmer was on his way to be being the best QB in the league and maybe a championship that year if he did not get hurt in the playoffs.  he did make a good comeback and become a very good QB again but i agree he could of been an all time great if not for the injuries

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

delete

I don't know if they are trying to tank it. (much to the delight of a few of our fans who love the draft over the NFL season). I was thinking based on how things have been going that it just might be the owner meddling again and forcing Mac to cut budget. One reason is Bowles not really knowing what's going on and Mac making these decisions late into the off season. He's cutting star players in June when it this was their direction they would do it before free agency. Rumor is that they could find a bidder for Decker who is an excellent receiver and we have little experience at that position. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

that's "Bitonti" logic right there.  Mind boggling, isn't it?

FSU quarterbacks must suck too because of Ponder and Manuel. Nevermind , Winston looks pretty good . Big Ben won 2 rings so let's keep an eye on Miami of Ohio QBs this season 

Archived