The official 2017 "adopt a player" thread

Larz

Young player that is....

As much fun as it is going to be getting into pissing contests over who is to blame for the Jets losing and why that makes us bad fans over the next 12 months, I thought we could find a better way to channel our obsession.

Why don't we each choose a young player to follow ?  In this thread we could post updates, observations, pictures, articles, stats, highlight gifs, whatever.

I'm going to suggest we keep it to players on their rookie deal or in the league 3 years or less.

Pretty simple format, just declare the player you plan to adopt and post stuff here in this thread. 

If 2 or more guys want to adopt the same player, that's cool.

I am going to adopt.........Brandon Shell, OT #72........

65011524.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/12/can_brandon_shell_be_jets_right_tackle_in_2017.html

Brandon Shell off to promising start in push to be Jets' 2017 right tackle

Shell, a rookie, had a promising starting debut in Saturday's loss to the Dolphins. According to Pro Football Focus, he allowed zero quarterback pressures on 55 pass blocking snaps. "He played good," Gailey said of Shell. "He was physical. We tried to make sure he had some help over there for him, knowing that they would try to come after him, and he was on Cameron Wake. That's two bad things. You try to make sure that you help out over there as much as you possibly can for the guy."

12 hours ago, gEYno said:

Hackenberg Improving:  Throw Approaches Ocean.

beach_football_by_mixednutsandlove-d3ewj

LOL - that's it! practicing with Spalding will do that to a QB, Franklin to blame again? I know we need to be patient but Hack should be practicing with an official NFL football, inflated to the the correct PSI

Wilson has been the official game ball of the NFL since 1941 :) 

and we know Wilson can make it to the Ocean

8906_12.jpg

Archived